Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 4th November 2010, 10:41   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes sheel, thanks for posting that linkie!

Infact, he dug a bit on Superbrands as well:

Superbrands is an organisation, which publishes a coffee table book (different for different countries) containing selected brands. About the "consumer validation" part in the logo:

To quote from their site, they "divert traffic" from high density portals where they get "respondents keen to paticipate".(heh heh)

As you know we all fall over ourselves to eagerly click on banners cluttering up the page we actually set out to visit and give personal information on a lengthy form to vote for unrelated third parties.

The "voting " has to be nationwide, so only brands with employees, no, make that grateful customers nationwide who chance upon the portal containing their banner and are hellbent on filling up a form and voting can do so, after which the company with the greatest number of fanboys makes it to the shortlist.

After that a "council" "subjects the brands to "individual scrutiny".

Then they make it to the coffee table book published by Superbrands.

Welcome To :: SUPERBRANDS

I believe that there is a fee for all this. What, surprised?

Kinda takes the whole "Superbrand" concept to a new level, no?!

Last edited by phamilyman : 4th November 2010 at 10:45.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 10:57   #32
BHPian

@phamilyman - Please ask your friend to contact me if he is still facing issue getting the issue resolved. I known some of the senior guys personally at Gati.
onesomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 04:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey onesomeone,

Thanks a ton for your kind offer. However, my friend Arnob is now not in the mood for conciliation - the goods came damaged/pilfered, repeated attempts to contact the management went abegging.

They have already been contacted by e mail (customerservice and corporate HQ) and have had letters sent and delivered to them at their north and west zonal offices, and their Hyderabad HQ..

They lack the minimum courtesy to even acknowledge any of these!!

Super-brand, my foot!!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 00:48   #34
BHPian

@ Phamilyman - You are welcome. Nevertheless, I will forward this link to the people known to me at Gati. I hope they get their act together.
onesomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:17   #35
BHPian

Default re: Poor service by GATI - Transporting a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Frankly, compared to what some of these are capable of doing - that is minor. But at least, its with you!

My personal choice is the train. Get it loaded in front of you - of course you bribe everyone in sight but the bike doesn't move/shift in the interval. In a truck you can never be too sure!
Why the bribes, sir? To pack it well? To take care of it? Or merely to not tamper with it?
KhalDrogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 00:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
Why the bribes, sir? To pack it well? To take care of it? Or merely to not tamper with it?
A combination of what you've said.Since once the bike is boarded the train theres not much chance of tampering.Basically you pay the packer guy so that he packs it well,and the guys who carry it for you.Don't think any tampering occurs during transit,Its mainly during the loading/unloading.

A much better choice than transporting by Gati.Atleast there's a peace of mind.And it costs a few thousand rupees lesser than by using Gati.

They charged me about 5300 for my Bullet.And when I recieved it.Broken levers,Taillamps,bent mudguard.And the guys didn't have the common sense to send 2 people along with the bike to deliver it to my house.They just sent the driver.And that fellow had the nerve to ask me for "chai" money.I wonder how such services flourish in our country.

Sorry for the rant.

Regards
B O V is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 01:11   #37
BHPian

My father is employed in MES and my childhood was spent travelling around the country . I can vouch based on feedback from dozens of army/MES personnel that train is the best way to transport a motorcycle across country . Damage if any(not always but make peace with those happening ) is normally limited to bent number plates , broken indicator , bent rear view mirror - easily fixed and not taxing on the mind like an ugly scratch or dent . It is faster than road transport as well and if I am not wrong , cheaper . Even back in college , all the folks with motorcycles used to load their bike in the train along with them while going home for vacation . Don't recall anyone complaining about the experience .

In general road transport is bad , our car was badly dented on one side when transporting it from kolkata to delhi by a trailer . Damages to other goods especially furniture is taken for granted .
basuroy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 04:27   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
To avoid panic attacks, basically.
a. They can choose whether or not to load your bike, or in what order (you want it going in first, next to the wall..
b. If there's a rush, they can send your bike by another train.
c. You would want to see it loaded in time, so that you can go and take your seat (the train often spends ~30 min only at the platform). The AC compartment is often a 5-7 min walk away. You don't want to see your luggage space be taken away as it often happens on train journeys, if you board late.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 10:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You mean to say you lost your RC.Do not transport the bike now even if someone agrees to transport it free of cost.

Documents are required if you transport the bike by railways and roadways.

Please get the duplicate RC from Delhi RTO and then transport the bike.
I have transported my bike twice on railways and they do not ask for any papers.
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 10:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I have transported my bike twice on railways and they do not ask for any papers.
I have transported my bike between Coimbatore and Mangalore, and I had to provide documents at the railway station. Surprised you got away without any.
kraft.wagen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 10:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
I have transported my bike between Coimbatore and Mangalore, and I had to provide documents at the railway station. Surprised you got away without any.
I had transported from patna to cochin and cochin to patna. Its been few years but i remember this because i had kept all the paper photocopies with me but no one asked !!
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 11:05   #42
BHPian

[quote=basuroy;3594762]My father is employed in MES and my childhood was spent travelling around the country . I can vouch based on feedback from dozens of army/MES personnel that train is the best way to transport a motorcycle across country .

I tend to agree. Have been transporting bikes since 1985 when i transported my almost new Yezdi from Udaipur to Mumbai and then to Pune. Every two years hence till a couple of years back. Have found the railway transportation to be much better with more peace of mind then with truck transporters or any of the renowned names.
With a little bit of liaison, one can ensure that the bike travels in the same train as you also and nowadays you have people who pack your bike too. Rather pay them Rs 250 extra and they will pack it beautifully so that minimal damage takes place, rather than spending on repairs afterwards. Recently my son was to transport his TVS from Pune to Hyderabad. Advised him and there were no issues and we got the delivery immediately.
What you should ensure is that you visit the station a couple of days earlier, speak to people and ensure you book in time, coz the train wont wait for you
nkghai is offline   Reply With Quote