Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd April 2010, 11:33   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The Yamaha YZF-R15 is a bike that is miles ahead of anything on sale in India in its segment. I have not ridden the bike extensively but a short 20km ride was all I needed to understand what this bike was all about.

It has an excellent engine, superb chassis & fantastic brakes. The bike does well for cruising purposes (Solo) and for hard riding as well.
A "Short" 20kms ride was enough for you to figure out "excellent" engine, "Superb" chassis and "Fantastic" brakes. Also in that short period you figured how it will fair while cruising too

For god sake be real before getting so judgmental after riding just 20 kms.

As far as cruising is concerned FZ is a good cruiser but R15 ...... NO CHANCE !!!

Last edited by Abbas : 23rd April 2010 at 11:34.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 13:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
A "Short" 20kms ride was enough for you to figure out "excellent" engine, "Superb" chassis and "Fantastic" brakes. Also in that short period you figured how it will fair while cruising too

For god sake be real before getting so judgmental after riding just 20 kms.

As far as cruising is concerned FZ is a good cruiser but R15 ...... NO CHANCE !!!
How far do you need to drive to come to those conclusions? I am just curious. FZ is no cruiser IMO - Karizma is. FZ loses out on breath after 90 kmph.

You cannot judge life of a engine, fuel efficiency in 20 kms. You can definitely judge chassis quality, ride quality, engine-responsiveness and braking quality in less than 20 kms.

R15 is a track bike and not a cruiser - However, I drove about 700 kms in R15 a good time spent in 110 - 130 kmph - The bike drove like a dream. I've driven the bike for about 20K kms. I can vouch for the bike. Or, can I?
sriramv.iyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:46   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I've driven the bike for about 20K kms. I can vouch for the bike. Or, can I?
You have driven ur bike 20k kms. So i would definitely take your word for it. But i am not buying someone`s words who uses terms like excellent engine, superb chassis and fantastic brakes after riding just 20 kms. Ofcourse its a new bike definitely everthing will seem perfect in the first glance.

Now if u tell me something after riding 20k kms, that is something i am gonna believe. However, i think r15's riding posture is not suitable for cruising IMHO. But that`s just individual perspective.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 15:27   #49
BHPian

@MurtazaGhiya: The oil leak i was referring to is not just my bike. When i go to the service station to service my bike i always make it a point to compare my bike with others, and till date majority of 220's that i have seen have oil leaks. My cousin who bought a dtsi 220 6 months ago has also been encountering with engine oil leak problems.

Point two. I live in a Tier III city, and so the R15 arrived in my city around the end of september 2008. Even the 220fi arrived in siliguri late compared to other metro cities.
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 10:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
@MurtazaGhiya: The oil leak i was referring to is not just my bike. When i go to the service station to service my bike i always make it a point to compare my bike with others, and till date majority of 220's that i have seen have oil leaks. My cousin who bought a dtsi 220 6 months ago has also been encountering with engine oil leak problems.

Point two. I live in a Tier III city, and so the R15 arrived in my city around the end of september 2008. Even the 220fi arrived in siliguri late compared to other metro cities.
In that case did you make complaints to Bajaj about the problems you had? I couldn't stop myself from replying to your earlier post because you said all Bajaj bikes are bad.

I have a friend of mine who has got all the components of his bike replaced umpteen number of times under warranty. He just fights with those guys and the service manager knows him so well that after hearing his name, he just says "Give it to him". We call him Vasuli

I can just say one thing, the service guys are literally dumb and thy are one of the reasons for screwing your bike. A perfectly running bike starts having issues after a service with them. So just fight with those guys to get your issue resolved or contact the local Bajaj person for your area. AFAIK, the oil leak issue is not something that has been reported by everyone. If its the case with all the people at your service center, then something is fishy.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 27th April 2010 at 10:13.
MurtazaGhiya is offline   Reply With Quote