Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 8th March 2010, 18:12   #61
BHPian

Smile

hi vivek,

glad that you won the prize at RMX , I was your roomie there. lets catch up some time in mumbai and ride toghether , buddy..
deepikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 10:54   #62
Team-BHP Support

I don't have much idea about technical aspects of biking, but from what I see, thats one wicked looking bullet. Infact, if satan had a ride, it would be this
Excellent neat job.
One question though.
You are in Mumbai, and you ride a Punjab registered modified bike, do the cops give you trouble?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 17:04   #63
BHPian

Vivek, superb effort with the bike!! im not a big fan of the cosmetics, but i totally dig what youre doing with the powerplant. keep it up chief! would love to hear/see it sometime if youre around bombay.
howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 17:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Wow that bike looks superb, nice mod job.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 17:53   #65
BHPian

Nice bike.. And your disguise while driving it, even better. Folks on the way must have felt a tingling in their spine. Ghost riding a monster.
And Forced induction your clarification post before this was awesome. Very well written.
Just one suggestion. Get a more shinier and brighter colour. Or get lots of clear coats on this one.
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 19:28   #66
BHPian

Irrespective of what few others think of what you have tried with your bike, i think this is a fantastic effort by you and your friend. You might have failed, but then you did try and thats what matters. If not anything the bike looks totally awsome. Maybe you and your friend should start something like the OCC and call it "Pind-da-choppers", and i am sure there will be a lot many customers for you. Good job guys
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 03:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

Vivek Soni jee.i wish i had the money to do this kinda bike. but allas anyways. i did talk to Mr. Randhawa. on the phone he was laid back after 3 calls got him on the phone

amazing build you never mentioned all these details prior to this.

to all. Mr. Randhawa is one of the best bike tunners in Chandigarh Area he also does a lot of Superbikes.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 18:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepikins View Post
hi vivek,

glad that you won the prize at RMX , I was your roomie there. lets catch up some time in mumbai and ride toghether , buddy..
Thanks Deepak. Hope you had a good ride that was worth leaving RMX a day earlier. We shall def catch up sometime soon in Mumbai. PM me your no. when you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I don't have much idea about technical aspects of biking, but from what I see, thats one wicked looking bullet. Infact, if satan had a ride, it would be this
Excellent neat job.
One question though.
You are in Mumbai, and you ride a Punjab registered modified bike, do the cops give you trouble?
Thanks tsk1979. Have been riding the bike in Mumbai since Nov. So far, have not faced any problems with the cops. However, as my address is in Punjab and I am in Mumbai for only a short while, I was advised that as long as i pay the road tax due in Mumbai, I am fine. Which is what I have done. My impression is that the cops give hell to people using vehicles registered in other states in Mumbai when it is used as a way to escape the higher road tax and octroi of Mumbai. As I have paid the octroi and applicable road tax on my bike, I believe I will not face much of a problem any cop does stop me. Rest time will tell ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Nice bike.. And your disguise while driving it, even better. Folks on the way must have felt a tingling in their spine. Ghost riding a monster.
And Forced induction your clarification post before this was awesome. Very well written.
Just one suggestion. Get a more shinier and brighter colour. Or get lots of clear coats on this one.
Thanks for your comments akshay. The paint job is still work in progress. Once the bike is mechanically completed post the super charging project, I propose to get some artwork airbrushed on the tank and the fenders. See link below to check out the concept I have in mind as far as the airbrushed paint work is concerned.

Big Bear Choppers | Bikes | Athena ProStreet

At RMX, I met a couple of Mumbai based airbrush artists who are very talented. I don't think replicating something like the above rendering on my bike will be a big challange for them. Rest, we will see
ForcedInduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 20:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

One helluva ride you got there buddy.

Hats off to RR for his brains and hardwork that has gone into making this machine.

Looks apart, the mods to the powerplant are just too good.

Happy motoring mate.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 11:48   #70
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
Thanks Deepak. Hope you had a good ride that was worth leaving RMX a day earlier. We shall def catch up sometime soon in Mumbai. PM me your no. when you get a chance.

Big Bear Choppers | Bikes | Athena ProStreet

At RMX, I met a couple of Mumbai based airbrush artists who are very talented. I don't think replicating something like the above rendering on my bike will be a big challange for them. Rest, we will see
Absolutely worth it . rode to igatpuri , onto shirdi , rode across malshej on the way back. tooo cool.

whoa! the big bear choppers look absolutely stunning. and they have the kind of look that your ride has. the flames are stunning.

By the way, can you Pm me the details of the airbrush artists that you are talking to ? andrew one of them? planning to get my ride pimped up
deepikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 14:23   #71
BHPian

Looks good. I admire the passion you have put in this project. Can you put up a sound clip? Would love to hear how she sounds. Bomi
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 23:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

hay guys dose any one have contact details of Ranjit Randhawa .

@ForcedInduction:
  • who made the frame? (fabricator)
  • please post WIP pictures of frame?
  • what will be price of a custom frame like yours?
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 15:00   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
hay guys dose any one have contact details of Ranjit Randhawa .

@ForcedInduction:
  • who made the frame? (fabricator)
  • please post WIP pictures of frame?
  • what will be price of a custom frame like yours?

@Jeepster: I will PM you my cell no. Call me and I shall share Ranjit Randhawa's contact details with you.

The entire bike, including the frame was made by Ranjit Randhawa. I don't have any WIP pictures of the frame so can't put them up.

Price of a custom frame: Dunno really. You will have to ask a frame fabricator. I have never bought a frame standalone...and cannot even hazard a guess.

On another note, the supercharging part of this project has started. Project is running delayed as we are now replacing the standard engine cylinder and head with those of the new Bullet classic 500, these bits are hard to come by. Nonetheless, the new crank with the extended shaft to mount the supercharger pulleys is ready. Am hopeful of doing a dry bench run of the engine with the supercharger on by mid Oct (if Ranjit gets time).

More later.

Safe riding.

cheers
ForcedInduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 18:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

If u need any help with uce 500 parts then let me know.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 21:06   #75
BHPian

good work sir, please let me know what set up have u installed for rear bakes

regards
sajid
crazy4s is offline   Reply With Quote