Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th November 2009, 14:52   #31
BHPian

I totally agree with Ashok on Shogun part and the fact that maintaining an Rx 135 is no hassle at all.However,Ashok,my brother,I STRONGLY DISAGREE that Rx is numero uno bike by Yamaha in India.My bet would be The best bike by Yamaha was RD-350.How can you forget that legend?

Anyways,I personally do not know how to check if the oil pump is working.I normally just mix oil in my petrol which is much safer,as suggested by many mechanics.

Totally agree with Joseph on the 5 speed part.You can infact search a little more and in the meantime just tell this guy that you are just waiting for the money from your parents/friends or some silly excuse like this to hold on to the bike.Hehe

I am sure the 88-89 model RX were the best.However,buddy,how good and how original a 20 yr old bike will be now?

The paint job for the body and chrome painting and all should come around 3k-4k,safari.

Once again stressing on the fact that if the engine and paper are ok,then theres no problem buying the bike because theres not much in 135 which is required.whatever tuning and repairing,you will get it done within 200-300 bucks.Apart from the tyres and the paint job ofcourse.The smart card sounds good and the tax I think is always lifetime.Check the insurance.
gypsy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 20:57   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy1989 View Post
I
Once again stressing on the fact that if the engine and paper are ok,......The smart card sounds good and the tax I think is always lifetime.Check the insurance.
"Lifetime" = 15 Yrs. 5 years thereafter.
Where is the bike registered? Same RTO as your current address RTO? Not exactly similar, but a friend of mine could not get his out of state non euro car registered in Cal proper. Check with the RTO.

Somehow, I'm getting the feeling the current owner had decided to sell, and was wringing the last out of the bike without spending anything on it.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 15:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy1989 View Post
I totally agree with Ashok on Shogun part and the fact that maintaining an Rx 135 is no hassle at all.However,Ashok,my brother,I STRONGLY DISAGREE that Rx is numero uno bike by Yamaha in India.My bet would be The best bike by Yamaha was RD-350.How can you forget that legend?
Brother, I dint forget and never will forget the legend. RX100 is the number one for India -- just that. Does nt guzzle as much gas as the big brother, goes slower, but fast enough for India. RD350 is not an everyday bike, especially for India rite ?? Just think of this, many college students in early 20s in the late 80s bought RX100. It served them as a zippy trendy fad in college, thru upto taking kids to school. Doesnt matter if you are in college or a working middle aged guy; RX100 will do the job for you. It will be your reliable best friend.
The bike gives you around 40 average, goes on with one kick and lasts a life time. Very flexible and just suited for India.
Completely off track, so lets not start debating on this; all are just my personal opinions -- thread belongs to Safarilover
ashokrajagopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 10:36   #34
BHPian

Maybe yes in that respect.However,for bike lovers,RD will always be special.

I'd also advise not to restrict your search on Rx135.If you can find a RXZ,nothing like it.Its awesome,its got great pickup,average mileage and looks good too.Its a step ahead of Rx135 in every aspect.
gypsy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 07:30   #35
BHPian

safari_lover, what is the status on your buy? Did you buy the bike or is still looking?

Thanks,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 11:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
safari_lover, what is the status on your buy? Did you buy the bike or is still looking?

Thanks,
Jose.
Jose, I have not bought the bike. Decided to look around for more
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote