Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 01:32   #31
BHPian
 
Darth Sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 306
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Really nice paint scheme. Good choice of colours. Very retro - nice. Looking forward to seeing the complete machine.
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 02:11   #32
BHPian
 
Darth Sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 306
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Post 25 - Update of Thursday, First Photo: Isn't that a 6 Volt stator I see there?
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 19:32   #33
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Post 25 - Update of Thursday, First Photo: Isn't that a 6 Volt stator I see there?
Earlier it was Six Volt, now i have converted it to 12 Volts System.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 19:43   #34
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,178 Times
Default Finally Its Ready

All,
it has been a month since my bike was completed but when it was being transported to my hometown, i was on the way to Delhi so couldn't take pics or even ride it. My brother has sent me some pics from his mobile camera although its not very clear but it would give you Idea of final product.

One honest confession, i am not happy with final product as this is not the theme which i have planned. And these bags are not at all going with the looks of my Rover. i will be going home in next 15 days then i will take better pics. Infact i am planning to do some cosmetic changes on my Rover to look good and subtle.

I Seriously need your suggestions/comments to make it look even better.

One good news is i have bought one more Bullet (Machismo AVL - 2007 Model). I will try to Ride it for few months, before i gather my funds and Energy to do something with New Bullet.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Attached Thumbnails
Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009611.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009612.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009613.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009614.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009615.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009616.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009617.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009618.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009620.jpg  

Makeover of Rover RE 350 - 1975-29122009622.jpg  

Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 17:03   #35
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,178 Times
Unhappy

More than 1700 people saw the pics, but no suggestions. What is this. I seriously need your suggestion guys.


Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 19:02   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 294
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

shubhendra : You did a awesome job. & i have seen your other works as well, you are one great Bull lover. Bull looks awesome, the paint scheme is good. Why Enfield Royal ? was this a thing you did or was the old bullets did say "" Enfield Royal "" ? over all good job, you might try something on the seats and the saddle bags ? the colors dont seem to match up that good, but its only me. Overall hats off to you man, awesome job. Do write about your next machismo project and how was your riding experience on this one ?
shan2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 20:13   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: kolkata
Posts: 927
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Every thing is very good, except the seats and the saddle bags. I think you should get a standard seat or a Classic seat installed.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 22:30   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

bro, am sorry to say, but the bike honestly looks awful man. looks like a cut and paste job dude. please redo the bike. get rid of the seats, the bags and then start over.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 15:30   #39
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
shubhendra : You did a awesome job. & i have seen your other works as well, you are one great Bull lover. Bull looks awesome, the paint scheme is good. Why Enfield Royal ? was this a thing you did or was the old bullets did say "" Enfield Royal "" ? over all good job, you might try something on the seats and the saddle bags ? the colors dont seem to match up that good, but its only me. Overall hats off to you man, awesome job. Do write about your next machismo project and how was your riding experience on this one ?
Thanks Shaan,
At the time of stickering i was not in Delhi, infact i have not even saw bike personally. It's a mistake, i have bought new stickers and will correct it soon.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
bro, am sorry to say, but the bike honestly looks awful man. looks like a cut and paste job dude. please redo the bike. get rid of the seats, the bags and then start over.
Thanks hollywoodhogan for your honest feedback, but after spending 60-70 k i can not redo the work and it depend on your taste also.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th January 2010 at 23:45. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 22:46   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 294
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

right shubhendra : IMO the bike looks good, as you said it just depends on your taste and it would awfull if you spend on a re-do of your bike, it looks really good.
shan2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 23:14   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Woah! Thats a lot of moolah on the restoration.

Kudos to your spirit bro!

As a completely personal opinion:
Thicker seats would look better. The pins don't look very good.
Get rid of the bags they make it look like a St. Bernard.
The rear mudguard looks great!

PS: What is that on the tank?
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 23:36   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 49
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Woah! Thats a lot of moolah on the restoration.
PS: What is that on the tank?
@EssYouWe: I believe you are referring to the "parcel rack" as worn on the old Triumphs. Those in the know, correct me if I am wrong.
@ Shubendra: I like the restoration. Looks good to me.
flotsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:21   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotsam View Post
@EssYouWe: I believe you are referring to the "parcel rack" as worn on the old Triumphs. Those in the know, correct me if I am wrong.
@ Shubendra: I like the restoration. Looks good to me.

Oh okay. Thanks for the info.

I did not know RE's came with it.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:08   #44
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Oh okay. Thanks for the info.

I did not know RE's came with it.
RE's never came with Tank Guard, as far as i know. but I can't afford a Triumph, that's why i am trying to replicate those things on my Re's.

I welcome your suggestions and withinn 15 days you guys will see something new.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 06:06   #45
BHPian
 
Darth Sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 306
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotsam View Post
@EssYouWe: I believe you are referring to the "parcel rack" as worn on the old Triumphs. Those in the know, correct me if I am wrong.
@ Shubendra: I like the restoration. Looks good to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Woah! Thats a lot of moolah on the restoration.

Kudos to your spirit bro!

As a completely personal opinion:
Thicker seats would look better. The pins don't look very good.
Get rid of the bags they make it look like a St. Bernard.
The rear mudguard looks great!

PS: What is that on the tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
RE's never came with Tank Guard, as far as i know. but I can't afford a Triumph, that's why i am trying to replicate those things on my Re's.

I welcome your suggestions and withinn 15 days you guys will see something new.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
@flotsam, EssYouWee - If I'm not mistaken, I believe that parcel rack was also known as 'The Castrator' for obvious reasons. And, I think those protruding bolts will only make it more so.

@Shubendra - Those saddle bags are way too big. Either lose them or get smaller ones. The bike, indeed, looks like a St. Bernard and I don't think you want to name it "Cujo"!!
Also, those seats don't look that neat. They're too high. They look somewhat 'jugaadu', which is not good. I see what you're trying to do. You could have opted for better built spring seats to make your bike look retro and good at the same time. You have plenty of options in Karol Bagh.
Make these changes and your ride will look far better. Do stick to the light tan colour for the seats, though. My opinion.

By the way, I have the same tool bag at home and wanted to strap it where you have but was concerned about the front suspension travel. Doesn't the front mudguard squish or at least hit the tool bag over big potholes?
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stamps featuring Vintage and Classic Cars upto 1975 harit Beyond Borders 56 8th April 2017 13:04
Classic sports cars in India (1945 - 1975) Faster789 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 81 12th February 2012 15:15
Mercedes W115 220D 1975. The price? star_is_here Post-War 34 17th April 2010 06:50
My Brother's 1975 Honda CB 125 boeuff Post-War 12 15th July 2009 12:08
An original 1975 Ambassador Mark 3 anjan_c2007 Post-War 4 25th July 2008 22:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks