Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 8th July 2010, 10:54   #46
BHPian

on a RX100 carb the venturi size may be of little difference, but the air intake side is small, has a bigger piolet jet and a smaller main jet compared to a 135 carb. so if you use 100 carb on 135 i think it will give a totally different tune to the engine. try for 135 carb with the "akkiri kada" in your area. you can also try from privaters selling parts these days.you can get it made in brass in a lathe if you can provide them a samaple

check here

xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community - View Single Post - Spare parts thread 2 strokes Yamaha RX family

Last edited by georgev : 8th July 2010 at 10:56.
georgev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 12:37   #47
BHPian

Thanks george, guess the carb change will not work out, was looking for increasing some mileage. My mechanic said he can source the pin, but will have to wait for 1 week. Lets see what he gets.
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:27   #48
BHPian

]Don't buy any seat. Just take you existing stock seat to Imran (Perfect Seats) on Andheri east highway and he will put some soft foam in it. You'll love it. I got it done for 500 bucks. Call him on 9322742117.

MAN THANK U VERY MUCH I WAS SEARCHING FOR IMRAANS NUMBER AND UR POST IS A LIFE SAVER..... PERFECT SEATS IS BACK TO WHERE IT WAS AFTER DEMOLITION
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 09:23   #49
BHPian

Default RX 100 batteries

Hello All,

Some thing about 6 volt to 12 volt conversion:

I have a 90 model RX100 which is converted to 12 volt electricals. Since Day 1, I've been facing problems with battery recharging. First I thought the battery is the culprit, so after 1 year I replaced the Exide batteries with Amaron (I read lots of complaints about Exide batteries). 7 months of using it, the problem is still there. Again I thought the Amaron battery is faulty (I have an RX135. The Amaron battery in this bike had problem). Y'day I went to Amaron Pitstop to get the battery replaced under warranty. There I came to know that Amaron had recently carried out a survey and found that Yamaha RX100, Kinetic Honda scooter and Enfield Bullet where the models which topped their list of models having issues with their batteries. The reason with RX100 is that the conversion from 6 volt to 12 volt is not carried out properly and as a result battery recharging does not work correctly. I found this explanation ridiculous and I am not convinced.

Does anyone else who converted from 6 volt to 12 volt face this problem?

Thanks,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 16:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

Amaron being a new gen battery requires precise 12V input compared to the older gen motorcycles that vary the input from 11.5V onwards. The problem with Amaron is that it has a good technology, however, any inputs more than 12V is sure to conk it off. Its not a flaw, but more engineered for modern day motorcycles.This is what I've been trying to say all over the places, but sadly everyone needs a easy way of maintenance free

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Since Day 1, I've been facing problems with battery recharging.
Is this problem still there? Tell me...
- What's your daily run & average run per week
- What's the duration of the vehicle at garage?

Quote:
The reason with RX100 is that the conversion from 6 volt to 12 volt is not carried out properly and as a result battery recharging does not work correctly.
100% incorrect statement

Quote:
I found this explanation ridiculous and I am not convinced.
I've done a 6V to 12V conversion & use Exide 12V battery without any issues. Anyway, too late to tell as its only 3 months since conversion. I'll post/update a long time report as time progresses.

What I did was to change the magnet & stator plate to 12V (OE), the wiring kit to 12V (Minda) & RR unit, rectifier & CDI of Rx135.

Last edited by aargee : 14th November 2010 at 16:20.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 09:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Amaron being a new gen battery requires precise 12V input compared to the older gen motorcycles that vary the input from 11.5V onwards. The problem with Amaron is that it has a good technology, however, any inputs more than 12V is sure to conk it off. Its not a flaw, but more engineered for modern day motorcycles.This is what I've been trying to say all over the places, but sadly everyone needs a easy way of maintenance free
aargee, please see my earlier post that I when I converted from 6 volt to 12 volt I bought Exide. Only when Exide failed, I changed to Amaron.

Quote:
Is this problem still there? Tell me...
- What's your daily run & average run per week
- What's the duration of the vehicle at garage?
My daily run is too little. May be 5-6 kms... and that too 3-4 days a week. Occasionally my brother takes the bike to his office which is 35kms one side.

I take the vehicle to garage once in 3-4 months for service.

Quote:
I've done a 6V to 12V conversion & use Exide 12V battery without any issues. Anyway, too late to tell as its only 3 months since conversion. I'll post/update a long time report as time progresses.

What I did was to change the magnet & stator plate to 12V (OE), the wiring kit to 12V (Minda) & RR unit, rectifier & CDI of Rx135.
I don't remember the parts I changed during conversion. But I'll check the bill.

Another thing is, I have Bosch Normaltone double horns in the bike. Does this horn draw too much battery?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
aargee, please see my earlier post...I changed to Amaron.
Don't get offended @jose, it was not for anyone specific. Just shared what I've learned through my hardship understanding.

Quote:
My daily run is too little. May be 5-6 kms... and that too 3-4 days a week. Occasionally my brother takes the bike to his office which is 35kms one side.
Even if you take out your Rx for once in 2 days, the charge should never come down. I never touched my Rx from 4th evening to 7th evening, which is 3 days. When I started it on the evening, I couldn't notice anything inappropriate.

Quote:
I don't remember the parts I changed during conversion. But I'll check the bill.
Yes, pls check that & post here.

Quote:
Another thing is, I have Bosch Normaltone double horns in the bike. Does this horn draw too much battery?
I don't know about its consumption, but there're chances. If its 12V, then you should also be having a cutouter. I mostly doubt the RR & dynamo.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Don't get offended @jose, it was not for anyone specific. Just shared what I've learned through my hardship understanding.
aargee, please don't feel so. I'm posting my issues so that people like you can help me.

Quote:
I don't know about its consumption, but there're chances. If its 12V, then you should also be having a cutouter. I mostly doubt the RR & dynamo.
The horn has relay attached to it. I'll keep a watch on the horns. May be I'll unplug one of the horns and use it for some time.

Please tell me what are the parts that I need to check for correct battery charging? My mechanic says that there is absolutely no problem with the electrical parts and battery is the culprit. I'll wait for 2-3 months to know if replacing the battery has fixed the problem.

Anyways, thanks a lot aargee.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 15th November 2010, 13:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Good to have taken thing in right sense
Quote:
The horn has relay attached to it. I'll keep a watch on the horns. May be I'll unplug one of the horns and use it for some time.
I would say, this is the BEST way to approach on things; if you're a DIY person, then there're 2 more recommended things...
1. Keep checking on the amount of distilled water every week. Start with everyday week (its painful I know), so that you know if the distilled water is spilling too much & if this is the issue with battery. Also if you've a friendly neighbourhood battery dealer, keep checking the output voltage every week.
2. Start with horns or any non stock items that may even include the buzzer for turn lights or LED strip etc.

What's the consumption of headlight @Jose? Is it 35/30 or 55/60?

Quote:
Please tell me what are the parts...has fixed the problem.
I've mentioned it in one of my earlier post as a reply to you - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2139835-post.html

Last edited by aargee : 15th November 2010 at 13:02.
Old 15th November 2010, 13:47   #55
BHPian

Quote:
1. Keep checking on the amount of distilled water every week.
aargee, the battery is maintenance free. So checking water level is out of question.

Quote:
What's the consumption of headlight @Jose? Is it 35/30 or 55/60?
Headlight is 35/35 rating.

Anyways, for now, let me wait for some time and see if the battery recharging is proper.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 15th November 2010, 15:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, for now, let me wait for some time and see if the battery recharging is proper.
Use a multimeter & check the output from the generator as well as at the battery terminal where you get to charge. Do not only check when the vehicle is idling, but try to match closely with the riding condition; rev as much as you ride.
Old 15th November 2010, 15:13   #57
BHPian

The charging volt from the RR is typically 13.8 V. How come amaron require only 12 v.

Josejoseph@ check you battery..The charging voltage will be printed on the outside casing. It will be typically 13.5 to 13.8 v. It is pretty difficult to check a RR. sometimes it gives reading even if it is open.

Check if you have any short in the wiring. If possible check the battery voltage after a long run.. Like when your brother takes it out for 35 km. That will give you an idea of the charging capacity.
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 19:12   #58
BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha RX 100 Queries

Is there any other disc brake kit available for the RX100 apart from the TVS Girling one. I can fit it myself, I just need to know if there is a cheaper option available. (Preferably available in Hyderabad!)
dhaval-mehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 10:58   #59
BHPian

Hi!
I have changed the switch-gear on my all stock Rx 100 to that of YBX. Now i want to make the choke operate from the switch assembly instead of operating it out from the carb.
Also, is there an possibility to have the central locking on the stock RX? This will be helpful since currently the handle lock works by turning the handle to the right.
If anyone has done these changes please help!

Thanks.
Intrepidspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 13:40   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
Hi!
I have changed the switch-gear on my all stock Rx 100 to that of YBX. Now i want to make the choke operate from the switch assembly instead of operating it out from the carb.
Its a fairly simple job, choke cable can be connected to your carb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
Also, is there an possibility to have the central locking on the stock RX? This will be helpful since currently the handle lock works by turning the handle to the right.
If anyone has done these changes please help!

Thanks.
For this you will have to get a bracket welded to your chassis, and you will have to change the ignition switch to that of the RXZ for central locking. Though its hard to come by these days.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote