Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st January 2010, 03:15   #136
Senior - BHPian

@EasyYouWe
Ok boss I am done.Here is my review finally

Last edited by Randhawa : 21st January 2010 at 03:19.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 16:51   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@EasyYouWe
Ok boss I am done.Here is my review finally
Hey EssYouWe - "Sabar Ka Phal Meetha Hota Hai"

I have started believing in the above quote after reading Randhawa's review. Worth spending the minutes it took and something to refer to once anyone gets a CL500.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 18:47   #138
Senior - BHPian

Definitely!

He took 2 months to write it after all!

The 500 is an awesome machine. The 350 is slightly more reliable IMO. If you notice my ownership experience, I haven't had a single issue with my bike till now (other than the imaginary noises from the engine).

All said and done, the 500 kicks some serious butt.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 11:28   #139
BHPian

Default Engine Humming Sound

Odo - > 3000 kms. II service done.
At idle I hear a low intensity humming sound coming from engine, did not hear this before. I notice this mostly when throttle is released while running. Is this something bad ?
RECL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 13:23   #140
Senior - BHPian

Get your chain tensioner checked ASAP.
Old 28th January 2010, 19:14   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

The 500 is an awesome machine. The 350 is slightly more reliable IMO. If you notice my ownership experience, I haven't had a single issue with my bike till now (other than the imaginary noises from the engine).
Hey EssYouWee, Thanks to your review, I am going to be a proud owner of Royal Enfield Classic 350 within a few months ! Booked on January 20th, I hope to get it by end of April.
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 21:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
oops sorry wrong place to post this. My bad.
Yes, an RTR guy in a heavy RE discussion!
Rollin' Thunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 21:19   #143
Senior - BHPian

By the way lads, did any one noticed the new Standard Bullet with UCE engine for display at your nearest RE dealer.
Old 29th January 2010, 01:28   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Had been away to Pune for 2 weeks after getting the first service done.

After landing in Delhi today afternoon, I decided to wash the Bull. Armed with a couple of wash-clothes and a shampoo solution, I spent an hour and a half washing and cleaning it.

I then decided to go on a ride and while at it, check if I could pick up my RC from the showroom.

That was not going to happen, so I moved over to Karol Bagh to seek out Modern Electricals. Couldn't find him either (pointers to his shop or an address would be greatly appreciated). I then decided to go on a ride on the ridge road. Hadn't had any lunch, so wanted to grab a bite from Satya Niketan.
But the biking Gods had other plans for my. My rear tyre got punctured. Now this ridge road passes through protected vegetation and a few Cantonment establishments.

A puncture repairer was not to be found anywhere. I started pushing the Bull. A couple of good Samaritans offered to drop me to the puncture guy while I leave my bike parked on the road. As I couldn't get myself to leave the Bull, I politely declined.

On and on a trundled through the maze of flyovers, the stench of vomit causing mental spasms.

It took me the better part of an hour to cover the 4 kms to the repair guy. Completely exhausted, I handed over the bike to him. The nincompoop was not even able to move it to the pavement, so had to do that for him.

We discovered a rather big nail in the tyre and a tear in the tube. With the whole process taking another 30-45 mins, I got moving. I carried on with my plan of grabbing a bite at Satya Niketan. Sadly, the tyre Gods were still not appeased.

On reaching the place, I discovered the rear tyre had again run flat!

Pushed the bike to a puncture repair shop close to Gyro. The guy showed me the almost torn away nozzle which the last guy did not notice. So the tube had to be changed.
Now he had a 100/90 18" and not a 110/90 like I wanted. In any case, it went in and another 20-25 minutes later I was moving again.

Stopped at Gyro, hoping to catch iraghava or someone there. If not, wanted to get Navpreet's number from m4ugr8. Thankfully, iraghava was at the place and assured me that the different tube wouldn't be a cause of concern.

I finally moved to Satya Niketan, grabbed a bite and headed home.

So that was my day!

Irritating dealer still does not have the leather wallets and the toolkit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Hey EssYouWee, Thanks to your review, I am going to be a proud owner of Royal Enfield Classic 350 within a few months ! Booked on January 20th, I hope to get it by end of April.
Congratulations! I am glad you found the review informative. Please do let me know if you have any other queries.

@Randhawa

I did see a Std. today. IIRC it was a CI only. I asked them about the Std. and they said that they aren't accepting bookings anymore.

PS: The upswept exhaust is now readily available for 1750/-.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:43   #145
Senior - BHPian

So did you get my number from Ishan?
And why were you looking for my number from someone else.

Why not ask me for my number.Seriously.i'd call you a nincompoop.haha
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 21:09   #146
BHPian

Quote:

It took me the better part of an hour to cover the 4 kms to the repair guy. Completely exhausted, I handed over the bike to him. The nincompoop was not even able to move it to the pavement, so had to do that for him.
You must be really well built to do that- Push a punctured 182kg CL 350 for 4km- One of my nightmare is the possibility of a puncture in the RE CL 350. I am not well built and presently I own a Splendor which get puncture atleast twice or thrice a year. Once I had to push about 1.5km with a rear flat tyre and too the breath out of me.

Is there any method to survive such a calamity? Like some Sealant compound which can get me till nearest Puncture shop?
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 23:20   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So did you get my number from Ishan?
And why were you looking for my number from someone else.

Why not ask me for my number.Seriously.i'd call you a nincompoop.haha
Abbey! I was on road and I had changed my phone so did not have my full contact list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
You must be really well built to do that- Push a punctured 182kg CL 350 for 4km- One of my nightmare is the possibility of a puncture in the RE CL 350. I am not well built and presently I own a Splendor which get puncture atleast twice or thrice a year. Once I had to push about 1.5km with a rear flat tyre and too the breath out of me.

Is there any method to survive such a calamity? Like some Sealant compound which can get me till nearest Puncture shop?

I don't know if I am well built or anything. But when you are stranded with no puncture shop in sight with the love of your life, you find strength to push it to the puncture shop.

As far as I know, there isn't a method to rectify punctured tubed tyres on the road. Tubeless tyres can be fixed by a sealant but not tubed ones.
Old 30th January 2010, 10:49   #148
BHPian

Quote:
.. there isn't a method to rectify punctured tubed tyres on the road. Tubeless tyres can be fixed by a sealant but not tubed ones.
options exist: pre-fill tube with sealant compound (like slime) or carry a puncture repair & inflate can. Do a T-bhp search.
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 14:07   #149
BHPian

@EssYouWe - , no doubt you are strong.
I sometimes struggle to park in a crowded parking lot; cant imagine pushing 182kg. I carried all these tools on a long tour in a saddle bag. Now I am seriously thinking of attaching small tool box.
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-extra-tool-kit.jpg  

RECL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 17:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

RECL350,

Nice.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote