Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th September 2010, 19:17   #436
Senior - BHPian

How much is the current draw of your secret weapon you want to power with your battery?

Just a wild guess but is it anything to do with navigation or intercom?
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 21:11   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
How much is the current draw of your secret weapon you want to power with your battery?

Just a wild guess but is it anything to do with navigation or intercom?
No more wild guesses required, Its a GPS Tracker- If anyone dares to kidnap my Bullu, I should be able to pinpoint his exact location with Google maps and race there with the cops !

Current draw will be 500mA to 1000mA maximum. But my worry is about the cheap chinese circuit of the charger which may overheat and cause problems. So if at all a short circuit happens, I want to protect the bike battery and other electronics.

Thanks and regards

San
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 18:10   #438
BHPian

Sorry, but hoping to get insights from the gurus. I had booked a CL350 in blore in Aug '10. Do they allow one to change the color after a month or so? Anyways will be trying my luck with the showroom tomorrow. any inputs/ suggestions welcome. (i dont expect things to be smooth)

Also is the delivery period same for all dealers in blore? 8 months wait is really a damper...
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 19:45   #439
BHPian

@vinjosep
I had changed the color of my CL350 booking from initial Maroon to Black after 3 months time without affecting waitlist seniority.

If dealer is objecting then contact your Area sales manager of Royal Enfield.

Regards
San
Old 27th September 2010, 11:22   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
@vinjosep
I had changed the color of my CL350 booking from initial Maroon to Black after 3 months time without affecting waitlist seniority.

If dealer is objecting then contact your Area sales manager of Royal Enfield.

Regards
San
Thank you San. Color changed, but i lost my 1 month's seniority. And i was talking to the Area sales manager. I did ask him how come others were able to change the color without losing out on the waiitng period. Ans was that the waiting list varies from state to state. Any idea how the waiting list in Kerala? Maybe i buy it there and use in Blore.

Thanks & regards,
Vinjo
Old 27th September 2010, 13:57   #441
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I booked CL350 (Black) at mira road (Mumbai) dealer..Dealer said that waiting period will be atleast 6 to 8 months..Its a beginning of long wait ahead. There are about 150 CL350 bookings pending delivery from that dealer.
Abhishekjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 14:44   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Any idea how the waiting list in Kerala? Maybe i buy it there and use in Blore.
If your are planning to register it in Bangalore after buying it in Kerala, then you might have to pay entry tax, which might be expensive.

If you get it registered in Kerala, then you can run it around in Bangalore (the cops will get you unless you carry proof that you are using it less than 6-months, like PUC, fuel bill, toll receipt, etc.,)
KA18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 19:56   #443
BHPian

Confirmed! the waiting period is 6 months in Kerala. not worth the headache of getting it here to Blore for the sake of 2 months.

Am subscribing to the "delivery-waiting-period-how-do-you-deal (Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !)" thread.

Sorry OP for being
Old 28th September 2010, 05:16   #444
Senior - BHPian

It is really disheartening to see RE not committed to delivering value to customers. One day when we get more options here in India, people are going to brush off them arrogant fools.
Hope you guys are able to get it delivered soon! Keep pursuing your dealer incessantly.

PS: I am still looking for Motul 300v. Any help in finding it in Delhi would be really appreciated. I am unable to ride nowadays simply because I need to change the oil immediately. :(
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 08:02   #445
BHPian

@Achint
Please search in google for motul dealer in india. A forum in Xbhp provides a number of addresses where motul avl in delhi. They are name and mobile numbers of direct contact persons.

I am out of station and sending this from mobile so cant paste the links.

Regards
San
Old 28th September 2010, 15:48   #446
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guyes..is it reasonably easy to remove and place back the pillon sit ourself ..i prefer the solo seat when driving alone but might have to place the pillon sit whenever my wife wats a ride..pls suggest
Abhishekjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 05:51   #447
Senior - BHPian

@San & RacingMachine

Thanks guys. I have seen that list and tried calling a few people on that.

The people I called are no longer associated with Motul and were rather reluctant to talk at all!

Will give a call to the rest on the list!

@Abhishek.

It is a piece of cake. With the toolkit accompanying the Bull, it takes no more than 5 minutes to remove the rear seat.

Actually one of the advantages I don't want to lose by modifying the seat for comfort!

Regards!
Achint
Old 5th October 2010, 21:26   #448
BHPian

Hi Guys

Completed 250km on my Bullu today. Everything seems fine- I am keeping him well under 50kmph- though he tries to run away if I take my eyes off the speedo.. Contrary to many others here, I like the sound of my Bullu with the stock silencer- Am planning to keep it- no changing to upswept, short bottle, free flow, goldie etc.

Only glitch is my wife dont seem to take him very well- says the pillion seat is too uncomfortable- gives her arm pain, leg pain etc etc and wants to revert back to old scooty pep from tomorrow (we go to work in the morning together). I think the split pillion seat is too short for women to sit sideways.

Another minor thing I noticed while cleaning the front wheel is that it doesnt rotate quite smoothly- there is a hissing sound coming perhaps from the disk brake ? Its a very minor hiss... Shall I ignore it?

@Achint- how about your Motul V300 hunting? I am eager to hear about the test result with synthetic on CL 350. We are lucky to have you, Sanjeet and Nasirkaka to do all prototype testing before accepting any modifications.

regards

San
Old 5th October 2010, 22:54   #449
Senior - BHPian

If on spinning the wheel it stops on half rotation then its a problem otherwise its normal and no need to worry.

Aren't you the lucky ones to enjoy the guinea pigs experimentation
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 23:13   #450
Senior - BHPian

^ lol

I have located the source. Will purchase the oil soon (dammit should have done it today!).

Why don't you look into fitting a single seat? Let your wife try it once, if she likes it you can get the frame modified.

About the wheel rotation thing, get the adjustment done by the service center fellas one of these days. No point losing out on low rolling friction