Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd November 2010, 17:13   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
It's fixed as pointed by adrian, you would need open the RHS switch case to fix it. It might had loosened up during the "unfortunate" fall.

Cheers !!!
I think its not fixed. I ve been riding my Bullu for past two days without fixing it and everything is fine. I think my earlier problem with 'auto' acceleration was due to bent crash guard touching the accelerator cable.

Anyway I plan to go to showroom and checkout a classic and twist the cable myself

thanks for the help

regards
san
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 11:05   #527
BHPian

Hi SAN, observation was based on my Electra . One more thing, pls check your Bullu snaps, it seems to me that its fixed. I think one might come across acceleration related problem if not fixed properly.

Cheers !!!
Milestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 13:14   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Hi SAN, observation was based on my Electra . One more thing, pls check your Bullu snaps, it seems to me that its fixed. I think one might come across acceleration related problem if not fixed properly.
I went to Service centre yesterday to fix rear brake. There, twisted the Accelerator L tube of two Classic 350s and they are turnable. C5 was not available for twisting and STD350, owners were nearby so didnt twist else they will twist my ears . The service Manager was there and he also told me its freely turnable so that acceleration wont change while turning the handle bar to extreme positions.

Today morning I checked and twisted a colleague's Electra 5s and that also turns but a bit tight due to accumulated dust and grime.

Anyway, Thanks for checking

regards
san
Old 5th December 2010, 19:29   #529
BHPian

Default 2020km

Completed the Official Running in today (2000 km). Going in for the Extended Running in suggested by RE Gurus of Team-BHP (till 3000km). Maximum speed attained is 80kmph for a few seconds only, otherwise kept below 70kmph.

Hey Achint, what is the maximum speed you have achieved? From the look of it, I dont think C350 is capable of going beyond 100kmph. I am able to achieve 70 very easily and 80 with a little effort but beyond that either Bullu is not willing or I run out of the road. After the last accident, I am a bit nervous to twist the throttle fully.

So far, I am a happy person. Most of the issues discussed in Randhawa's C5 thread is non existent in my Bullu 350. Perhaps C350 is a different breed from C5, not just in engine capacity but in other aspects too. The only trouble I experienced which is common with C5 is the Butt Pain on continuous rides longer than 30-40 minutes.

So far: No starting troubles, No oil leaks, No Roadroller noises (I think mine sounds like a sewing machine- morning I start it and neighbours think I run a tailor shop ), No backfiring, No paint and rust issues, No dead battery. Am I lucky so far? One reason could be the slow pace of my ride- mostly 40kmph in city, 60 to 70 in Highway. Another reason will be that Bullu is still in stock condition - no modifications at all - not even an extra horn and Never touch the Silencer.

Gears are still the same. No improvement but rarely gets false neutrals not because the machine is smoothened, but I have learned to be careful (No point in teaching Bullu to behave like a splendor- he wont learn).

I am not superstitious but its hard to believe this bike does not have a soul . Though made of metal and rubber and plastic and glass, it behaves like a living thing. I have observed that the morning startup (waking him from sleep) is very crucial on how he behaves in the rest of the day. Apply choke, start him gently pressing clutch and e-start, release choke after 5 seconds and then let him idle for 90 seconds keeping constant nudge on throttle without letting him fall back to sleep, then slow shift of gears 1, 2, 3... keeping plenty of time between the gears and he runs like a good boy for the rest of the day. Any change in this procedure like hurried start and go or too quick gear shift in the first few minutes of ride and he behaves like a mad bull throwing false neutrals and bloody noises all along ruining my day.

I hope I have become philosophical enough for today. But You see its my boy's 2000km day and being a proud father..........

regards
San
Old 5th December 2010, 22:43   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Completed the Official Running in today (2000 km). Going in for the Extended Running in suggested by RE Gurus of Team-BHP (till 3000km). Maximum speed attained is 80kmph for a few seconds only, otherwise kept below 70kmph.
Congrats San!!

Guess what? i too crossed 2K on friday... and that was just 30 days after i got the bull.

But my max speeds are a bit different (only time will tell whether i screwed up big time.....)

0-500km - max speed@ 5th gear was 60km/h. Felt the bull was lugging below that speed.

500-1500km - max speed reached was 80km/hr.

1500-2000km - max speed reached was 90km/hr.

2000km+ have briefly touched 110km/h

I followed the following steps (as suggested by Senior TBHPians):
1) increment the max speed by 5km/h (e.g. from 60km/h took it to 65km/h)
2) Maintain the speed for a few seconds.
3) Take the speed back to the old max speed.
4) Follows the above steps for about 10 times.
5) Take the bike to the new max speed and maintain it for a few minutes (3-4 minutes)
6) Repeat step 5 for around 10 times
7) Use the new max speed as much as possible (again another 10 times or so) before attempting to increment the max speed.

The speed was never incremented at a single stretch. My daily run to the office is nearly 27km one-way. Hence there were breaks/ cool off in between these run-in's. Also changed the the engine oil after 1500km. Just me being paranoid there....

So far the FE has been 36-37km/ltr. This was a mix of B2B traffic, ring roads with open/ cramped stretches and regular B'lore traffic.

The only major concern so far had been the problem with the battery being drained after using the headlights. After my last post here, i took out the battery, checked the electrolyte, cleaned the leads and then reconnected. Made sure the leads were tightened properly and thereafter covered them with white petroleum jelly. Its been 2 weeks now and the problem seems to be resolved. Had done a few night drives with the headlights on. The ES has responded sweetly the next mornings. Used the choke for 3 secs and then the engine fires up at the first crank with ES - all good.

Next weekend we will be ready for the 2nd service.. maybe even earlier

A big thanks to T-BHPians/ Gurus for the tons of knowlegde made available here. This was what made the journey so far, good and enjoyable!
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 00:08   #531
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

Congrats on piling on the miles. I'll be taking my Bull to office tomorrow. This will be the first 100 km outing after the oil change. Lets see how it behaves.

Will try and touch the top speed if it isn't very cold and foggy. I have maxed out around 107kmph (speedo). I think this is slightly slow, but then I am not really interested in going that fast.

@San
You should increase the speed limit now. Please flex your Bull's legs, or they'll start cramping. When was your oil changed the last time? You can now take him as fast as you want, but don't stick to the high speeds for too long. Have fun!

@vinjosep
So when are you planning for the next oil change? When was your first? Was it at 1500?

Your description of the run-in routine is spot on.

Cheers
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 06:21   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
@vinjosep
So when are you planning for the next oil change? When was your first? Was it at 1500?

Your description of the run-in routine is spot on.

Cheers
The next oil change would be at 3K - during the second service. The first change was at 500km during the first service. i'm contemplating shifting to synthentic oil. yet to find an answer to the related whats, ifs and when...
Old 6th December 2010, 09:48   #533
BHPian

Quote:
@San
You should increase the speed limit now. Please flex your Bull's legs, or they'll start cramping. When was your oil changed the last time? You can now take him as fast as you want, but don't stick to the high speeds for too long. Have fun!
Like you, I am also not interested in high speed screamings- sedate 60-70 is my style. But for the sake of my Bull's health if it is required to stretch for a few minutes, then will do it.

Last oil change was at 1st service (550km). I plan to change to full synthetic along with 2nd service at 3000km. Is that ok? I think RE service here uses Valvoline 20W40 (found a big unopened barrel there) and not the factory recommended Motul 5100.

@vinjosep
Thanks. My FE is also near about your range. 38~39kmpl. About 30% of my ride is in city traffic or horrible roads at 25kmph in 2nd gear. This Bull can chug along without clutch at 20~25kmph in 2nd gear and I find it good for heavy traffic and potholed roads.

regards
San
Old 6th December 2010, 13:38   #534
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

It is very cold in Delhi and it was something of a dumb mistake to venturing out without gloves, but the ride was friggin awesome.

I touched 110 kmph (with reasonable ease) and followed it up with a cruise at 95. No issues with bend discoloration or overheating.
The first time I have felt the advantage of the 300v.

@Vinjo

I am running fully synth Motul 300v. It is a shift that gets two thumbs up from me. But do go in for it post run-in. I shifted to 300v at 5,500 kms.

@San

That might be for the CI bulls (not sure). Please stick with the 15W40 rating. DO NOT use oils of differing viscosity.

I haven't measured my FE for quite some time now, but my run-in days saw me clocking 43-45 kmpl. With the current style, I am expecting it to be around 37 kmpl.
Old 9th December 2010, 00:48   #535
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

I am back to the old days of 100kms a day. I am absolutely loving it. I ride 50kms 7:30-8:00 in the morning and another 50 around 8:30 at night. Its friggin cold, and I still don't have gloves . But when the Bull runs the way its running right now, I can't get myself to take the car.

Where are all you guys? Gaurav hasn't been around for a while it seems.
San, you dropped a bomb the last time! Did you find out what oil you are running right now? Change it asap if it isn't 15w40.

Hope all you guys are enjoying your Bulls. Bah! I get emotional after a long ride :P

Cheers and ride safe guys!
Old 9th December 2010, 02:11   #536
BHPian

Achint, you better get gloves man. It getting colder by the day now. I got a pair recently. It has been a blessing. Nowadays I am an all leather clad bull rider. lol..

Last edited by BIG SARAN : 9th December 2010 at 02:12.
BIG SARAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 02:52   #537
Senior - BHPian

Haha! I might pick up a pair this weekend. By the time I reach home, my hands are too stiff to move. :P

Are there other Bullet owners (tbhp members) in NCR? We should go for a ride.

PS: What exhaust did you finally pick up? And how many kms on the odo now?

Last edited by EssYouWe : 9th December 2010 at 02:53.
Old 9th December 2010, 09:49   #538
BHPian

Default 2100km

Hi Achint

Glad you are enjoying. A 100km a day ! You are real lucky. My home to office distance is only 7km but for the joy of riding Bullu, I am taking some weird shortcuts which stretches it to 15km. I am yet to start serious weekend rides partly because of No company for group riding and a wife who threatens to break my leg if I go out of town. . (Any one in Calicut listening ?)

As for the engine oil, I think you are right - it must be for CI bulls. So far I am not having any problems with present oil. (Indicator shows a red liquid). No starting troubles or clutch problems. I have contacted Motul dealer here for 300V FL 15W50. Costs `895 per litre. Planning to change at 3k.

After 2000km, the ride has become a pleasure. Goes from 0 to 70 very smoothly which is my riding range. Beyond 80, roads here in Calicut is not safe. (Heavy traffic and road crossings). As for Gear shift, I am still learning. I am still not able to unlearn my splendor habit of stopping first and then shift down the gears which is impossible with Bullu- You have to shift down first before stopping.

Happy riding and do buy that gloves

regards
San
Old 9th December 2010, 12:23   #539
BHPian

Quote:

I am running fully synth Motul 300v. It is a shift that gets two thumbs up from me. But do go in for it post run-in. I shifted to 300v at 5,500 kms.

please give the details about the synth oil you are using. Motul 300v - this should be sufficient for me to procure them here in Blore? Are there any variants?

I'm now seriously thinking about changing to synth at the 3K service. Reason: I'm pleading with the high command to let me go on a blore-pune-mumbai roundtrip of approx 2500KM . Synth E. oil sounds better for the long ride. Any inputs on this argument are welcome.

@San: In case the above trip doesnt materialise, then the other option i have placed before HC is a trip thru blore-maidkeri-talkaveri-payyannur and back. I can easily stretch that to include caliclut too , considering that i'm from there abouts..., and then we could try a small trip, say to kakkayam dam? (the drive up to the dam and above is awesome. Have done it when i was a kid and plan to do it sometime in the near future.)
Old 9th December 2010, 13:22   #540
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vinjosep,

The oil is a fully synthetic, double ester 15W40 rated oil. Remember to take the 15W40 one.

It is a definite improvement, even if you weren't going touring. You should be able to procure it easily in Bangy. I am not sure where, you can try pinging some of the guys there... Aditya, Samarth and all might have an idea.

Cheers and Ride safe