Old 17th December 2010, 14:05   #572
BHPian

Default Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
@Adrian

Tried it already. :(

Its still there, and most annoying.
Sorry to hear that friend, but there is nothing that can't be corrected. Check for air in the system. You are have a cold climate up north, aren't you ? Perhaps a cracked rubber pipe or something ? Check the seal of the fluid reservoir as well.
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 14:20   #573
BHPian

Brake fluid level is constant? Any leak perhaps ?
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 14:25   #574
Senior - BHPian

Nope. Its more or less constant. Will try and get the brakes bled soon.

Silly REs :P
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 14:01   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post

The various seat modifications on Classic so far has been to harden the cushion and stiffen the springs. Perhaps we should try the opposite (soften both) and see the results?

regards
san
Hi San,
RE should have incorporated provision to adjust the tension of the springs and also to adjust the angle of the saddle. In Bajaj scooters one can adjust the spring tension by the twist of a nut and the saddle of the scooter is comfy too.
Old 18th December 2010, 15:15   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hi San,
RE should have incorporated provision to adjust the tension of the springs and also to adjust the angle of the saddle. In Bajaj scooters one can adjust the spring tension by the twist of a nut and the saddle of the scooter is comfy too.

The Classic seat is actually like a flat wooden bench. For a 70~75kg rider, it doesnt sag at all. No easy way out without modifying the entire seat. But this is pretty good for city rides. For long rides the only way out is take 10 minute break every 50 minutes. In a way its good - Regular breaks refreshes the mind and body - avoids fatigue. RE Engineers must have known that

regards
san
Old 20th December 2010, 13:43   #577
BHPian

Hi All - Of late I have seen rust on chrome around mirror, chrome around ignition key, chassis area etc. Can anyone help/suggest/solution for arresting the rust ?

Cheers !!!
Milestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 21:25   #578
BHPian

Achint

Ever thought of using K&N filter ? I know its costly and a bit of modification is required etc, but will there be any advantage in our carburetted C350 ?

By the way whats the status of your ABS ?

regards
san
Old 20th December 2010, 21:48   #579
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

Not really. I don't feel that the bike is gasping at high revs. Going unnecessarily lean makes no sense to me. I might go in for it when I want to play around with it some more. Tuning the carb right, itself creates a huge difference.
The ABS is still there. I am being slightly lazy about it, and haven't really gotten time from office to address that. The Bull is still busy clocking a 100 kms everyday.

UPDATE:
So the update for today is that my clutch cable snapped at the lever end on my way back home. It was the puncture revisited as I pushed the Bull uphill to a spot where I could park and do something about the cable.
Luckily, I was carrying a spare clutch cable. It took me a bit to get it done as I was having some difficulties with routing the cable. Luckily a guy stopped to help me out with it. He was a C5 and a Std. owner. While he fed the cable, I pulled it down. We fixed it and I spent a bit adjusting the play.
I had been in touch with Sanjeet, so I let him know that all was well and moved on. The clutch play wasn't working out right. It took me 4-5 tries to get it right (in the process ended with a burnt finger), but I finally managed to get it done.

As of now the plan is to manage till January and get a servicing done around January end. Will pick up another spare cable one of these days.

It anyway wasn't a great day for riding. I had almost banged into a dude, crossing the dude with his eyes fixed on his phone, in the morning.

Phew! Tired!
Old 20th December 2010, 22:30   #580
BHPian

Thats bad

What tools do you require for fixing the clutch cable ? Will the standard toolkit supplied by RE do ?

regards
san
Old 20th December 2010, 22:33   #581
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the standard toolkit is more than sufficient.

I was thinking of uploading a step by step picture tutorial. Just the lack of a camera that holds me back always :(

When will you guys feel pity and gift me one?
Old 21st December 2010, 13:03   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

UPDATE:
So the update for today is that my clutch cable snapped at the lever end on my way back home. It was the puncture revisited as I pushed the Bull uphill to a spot where I could park and do something about the cable.
Luckily, I was carrying a spare clutch cable. It took me a bit to get it done as I was having some difficulties with routing the cable. Luckily a guy stopped to help me out with it. He was a C5 and a Std. owner. While he fed the cable, I pulled it down. We fixed it and I spent a bit adjusting the play.

!
Hi, Did you grease the cable or is it not necessary in the new RE ? You must have shape shifted to Arnold Schwarzenegger after pushing the Bull uphill
Quote:
Yes, the standard toolkit is more than sufficient.

I was thinking of uploading a step by step picture tutorial. Just the lack of a camera that holds me back always :(

When will you guys feel pity and gift me one?
First we will listen to the radio. How about a descriptive account of the procedure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Hi All - Of late I have seen rust on chrome around mirror, chrome around ignition key, chassis area etc. Can anyone help/suggest/solution for arresting the rust ?

Cheers !!!
How old is you Bull Milestone ? You park him in the open ?
Old 21st December 2010, 13:40   #583
BHPian

Quote:

How old is you Bull Milestone ? You park him in the open ?
Hi Adrian,

It's 2 yr old, and it's parked in building parking area which is open from one side. Most of the time it used to be covered and recently someone stole the cover of my Bull and since the its parked open !!!

Cheers !!!
Old 21st December 2010, 14:23   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Hi Adrian,

It's 2 yr old, and it's parked in building parking area which is open from one side. Most of the time it used to be covered and recently someone stole the cover of my Bull and since the its parked open !!!

Cheers !!!
Hi friend,
Covering the machine in monsoon season does more evil than good. Condensation forms and stays inside due to lack of ventilation and this is not good for the paint and chrome.
Regards Adrian
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:21   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friend,
Covering the machine in monsoon season does more evil than good. Condensation forms and stays inside due to lack of ventilation and this is not good for the paint and chrome.
Regards Adrian
Hmm, that could be the reason. I think, I will have to get some rust removal powder and try it.

Cheers !!!