Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th January 2010, 01:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

First service tomorrow. Will update later at night.

Cheers!

EssYouWe
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 10:31   #122
BHPian

[quote=TheARUN;1662094] ..The upswept exhaust, on a 500 CLASSIC sounds much better than a CI. Its like the real BULLET sound you have there. ../quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
from the looks of it there is no place for the pillion rider to sit. How did u guys manage. and congrats on the long ride man.
May be with legs folded as in some yoga positions
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 21:49   #123
Senior - BHPian

First service done.

The odo now reads at 536 kms.

The cost of the service was : Rs 625.

I was charged for the oil and the oil filter replacement.

No other problems with the bike. All seems good!

Now some good news

I finally tanked up today after the day of the purchase.

I got a mileage figure of 44.7 kmpl.

Is that awesome or is that awesome? I haven't even been driving in the mileage mode. Have been sticking through an through to the run-in routine. Plus, this was all city riding!

Cheers!

EssYouWe
Old 12th January 2010, 22:22   #124
Senior - BHPian

So any difference in the noise level, how's the gear shift now?
Average is pretty good. Now start twisting the throttle
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 23:19   #125
Senior - BHPian

Nope. The clanking is still there. Sadly there were no TBTSs or CL 350s at the center today, so couldn't compare.

The exhaust note has changed quite a bit. It is meatier but still lacks bass.
As in, its clearer than before but the tone isn't satisfactory yet.

Still coming across a few false neutrals, but it might be because of the cold.

Won't start twisting the throttle till 2000 kms!

I don't really mind either, I like riding slow.

Where's the much awaited ownership report guruji?

PS:I did drive 30-40 kms after the service.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Report got delayed due to new problems and I want to provide as much detail as possible so gathering more info.

By the way, I got my full tool kit finally. RE sent me the missing 5 pieces and now I have the full kit Pester your dealer for the same.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 22:29   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

I got a mileage figure of 44.7 kmpl.

EssYouWe
Awesome stuff!. Anybody else getting such good numbers?
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 23:37   #128
BHPian

I am getting around 44-45 kmpl on my TBTS now, after 9000km. In the beginning it used to be around 40 kmpl.

Last edited by Rollin' Thunda : 14th January 2010 at 23:39.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 21:16   #129
BHPian

Default Confused between CL350 & CL500

Hello Brothers,

I am stuck between a CL350 & CL500.

I am ready for some criticism as well, because I currently ride a RE STD 350 - 1983 model which I am going to be selling to get my hands on a more reliable and fresh machine. I am completely okay compromising on the thump for mental peace.

As far as it's a bull I am riding it doesn't really matter whether it thumps or not, because its simply the stability, road presence and confidence that makes me fall for the bull again and again.

I would'nt deny that if I had the option I would like to continue to possess the old beast but its just not possible to have 2 bullets for one rider.

Coming back to the main question, CL350 or 500 :- I use my bull to ride to work everyday which is apporximately 40kms everyday and + every second weekend a ride to my farm which sums up to a return trip of 200kms apporximately.

Budget is not really problem, but I want to make my money is invested on the right steed or rather the best I can. I need a more reliable bike that I can ride for 40+ kms on daily basis and something that I can use for longer rides during weekends with my fiancee as a pillion without worrying will my bike let me down.

What has been happening otherwise is, when I ride out with all guys I don't really care and take the my 1983 bull wherever we are heading. But with my fiancee joining us for the trips I prefer taking the car and even if I do take the bull which she insists on there's always a fear of something going wrong (there have been several such instances despite of timely service & maintainance cycles).

Please give your valuable inputs, considering the fact that my mind is already drifting in the favour of CL500 but just not sure if I am making the right decision.

(Also, I do have a 10 year old Hero Honda splendor which is going strong and useful for regular rides around)

Last edited by mantrig : 15th January 2010 at 21:20.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 21:36   #130
Senior - BHPian

CL500 would be the correct choice mantrig.
Its a pretty reliable machine till now.very few people have reported problems.we have about 5 CL500s now among our friends in dun.which are running very reliably.they all have done close to 3000kms on the odo without a hiccup.we go every weekend to mussoorie and we all rip our machines.the believe me the CL500 is fast and fast on a different level all together plus great handling too.

also a friend has done some constant WOT runs on the CL500 on super long stretches.and it is still alive.

So there you have it.its the perfect choice as of now.plus the future of the CL500 looks bright as we'll soon have powercommander building a piggyback unit.and Ron Chinoy doing some excellent work on the bike too like replacement programmable ECU, blueprinting and cams.

Infact i have plan to buy the CL500 just for the reason that i can get work done on the entire engine by Ron Chinoy and have a fast reliable machine.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 21:45   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
CL500 would be the correct choice mantrig.
Its a pretty reliable machine till now.very few people have reported problems.we have about 5 CL500s now among our friends in dun.which are running very reliably.they all have done close to 3000kms on the odo without a hiccup.we go every weekend to mussoorie and we all rip our machines.the believe me the CL500 is fast and fast on a different level all together plus great handling too.

also a friend has done some constant WOT runs on the CL500 on super long stretches.and it is still alive.

So there you have it.its the perfect choice as of now.plus the future of the CL500 looks bright as we'll soon have powercommander building a piggyback unit.and Ron Chinoy doing some excellent work on the bike too like replacement programmable ECU, blueprinting and cams.

Infact i have plan to buy the CL500 just for the reason that i can get work done on the entire engine by Ron Chinoy and have a fast reliable machine.
Hey Navpreet - Thanks a ton for your quick response.

Now my only concern is that I feel a little cramped on the classics as I have been used to our old beasts.

No doubt the machine runs like a dream but here my concern is won't they be launching the 500 in other versions with 19' rims?

Because, then its like Sone pe Suhaaga.

And if that option is not going to be available anytime soon in the near future then I am left with no option but the CL500.
Old 15th January 2010, 21:54   #132
Senior - BHPian

Even i am just held back with that notion.But one can install the front 19 incher with a little modifications and we'll have a great bike then.because the rear 18 incher really does help the handling.i have a real 130 tire on an 18 inch rim on the lb and the handling has gone up by leaps.

also another thing that i'd do is remove those twin seats and install the LB500's seat.its way more comfy.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 22:14   #133
BHPian

If you are keeping the splendor, then go for the 500.
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 22:18   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
If you are keeping the splendor, then go for the 500.
Yes, I will be keeping the slendour as that is my first bike I bought while in college on loan and working part-time so lot of feelings & old memories associated with her.

This is the bike that I will pass away to my son, because I will still be riding the bull.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Hehe!

Good stuff bro. My vote goes for the 500 too. I was impatient and caved in... you take your time and buy the 500. It is an awesome machine!

Navpreet wants everything fast (take a look at his garage), even if you don't go in for the mods... the 500 puts out a lot of power and makes highway cruising a piece of cake!

All the best!

Cheers.