Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th March 2010, 21:08   #16
BHPian

NGK iridium tip.

Bought it from the service center itself.

The model no. for the FZ is CR9EIX.
Grafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 15:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
NGK iridium tip.

Bought it from the service center itself.

The model no. for the FZ is CR9EIX.
As far as I know, that plug is not meant for FZ ! It's meant for the Bajaj bikes like the Pulsar, avenger,etc.
fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 16:34   #18
BHPian

I am totally in awe of this bike from the time this is released. Absolutely love the naked look of it , have plans to book one soon . My only question is how is the traction of the rear tyre on wet conditions say when you are taking a turn and also when you break suddenly ?
prguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 21:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
As far as I know, that plug is not meant for FZ ! It's meant for the Bajaj bikes like the Pulsar, avenger,etc.

Its works fine and the ride is smooth.

Thats all i expected.

Thanks for lettin me know though nevertheless.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
I am totally in awe of this bike from the time this is released. Absolutely love the naked look of it , have plans to book one soon . My only question is how is the traction of the rear tyre on wet conditions say when you are taking a turn and also when you break suddenly ?

Been riding it since Oct '08, and no issues with grip and traction.

Ride feels planted and good stability under braking.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

guys,

whats the FE you guys are getting for Fz? any improvements after run in? one of my friends wants to buy one but worried about FE
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
guys,

whats the FE you guys are getting for Fz? any improvements after run in? one of my friends wants to buy one but worried about FE

Until the first service i used to get an FE ranging from 28-35kmpl.

After the first service, i started getting 35kmpl consistently.

After the second and third, it was pretty much the same, but power increase was good.

After my fifth service, it started giving me 38-42kmpl.

At present(16k kms and 17 months), its giving me an FE ranging in between 43-46kmpl.

After 10k kms the power and the mileage was very good.

I was very much disappointed initially, but now im in love wid my ride.

I would say a lot depends on the engine oil u r gonna use and the kind of tuning(economy or power), u ride the bike.
Old 25th March 2010, 21:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
It's got the widest tires and it's made of proper soft compound. So there's no reason to worry about the grip level of FZ!
Old 19th April 2010, 12:52   #24
BHPian

Bad News!
My FZ got stuck while coming back home from college on friday! The warning signal started blinking and the bike didn't start,had to keep the bike at friend's place nearby!Took his bike and came back home! Exam's time,so couldn't take it to the service station!Will take it to the place tomorrow,and update!
Old 7th July 2010, 11:52   #25
BHPian

My bro got his FZ yesterday. Took it from the show room, went to top up petrol and then found out that the kick start is missing and went and inquired at the show room.

That guy replied saying that the bike does not come with a kicker. My bro was like
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 12:10   #26
BHPian

Default 15 K report

Well, here's the 15000 km report, or should I say 8km report, as my odometer is showing 8km . Will return to it later, first some normal stuff.
Had to change the oil seal of the suspension for a couple of times and also the brake light .
Quote:
Bad News!
My FZ got stuck while coming back home from college on friday! The warning signal started blinking and the bike didn't start,had to keep the bike at friend's place nearby!Took his bike and came back home! Exam's time,so couldn't take it to the service station!Will take it to the place tomorrow,and update!
The terminal of battery got damaged due to excessive deposition of carbon. So, replaced he battery. Now onwards , will regularly keep an eye on the water level and stuff.
I was earlier concerned over the rapid wearing of rear tire , but THANK GOD it's not wearing that rapidly any more, and will last for say at-least 22 K - 25 K. And yes , the grip level is still good.
A regular paid service costs me around 610 Rs. , here's the breakup :
220 - engine oil
55 - oil filter
125- chain lubricant and spray
210 - labor charge

Though I don't check the FE regularly, it's around 40 kmpl.

Coming back to the odometer part,
Sometime a year back , suddenly the odometer tripped for unknown reason and it showed 0 km. The guys at the service center were clueless about it. I think they made a note a of it , and I never paid a heed towards it as the console worked fine thereafter. I was pleasantly surprised when I got my bike back after servicing , fitted with a new console. When I asked about it , they said it has been replaced under warranty. So for Yamaha , for this.

In all the the bike is running fine .
Old 1st November 2010, 10:20   #27
BHPian

Completed two years on 29th !
Since the bike is out of warranty now , guys , any suggestions for modifications are a welcome !
Has anybody tried fully synthetic oil ?

A piece of info , Yamaha is replacing the speedo under replacement . Please check with your dealers if your bike's speedo comes under replacement or not !
Old 1st November 2010, 13:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Completed two years on 29th !
Since the bike is out of warranty now , guys , any suggestions for modifications are a welcome !
Has anybody tried fully synthetic oil ?

A piece of info , Yamaha is replacing the speedo under replacement . Please check with your dealers if your bike's speedo comes under replacement or not !
Guess both our rides share the same birthday then

Well, a free flow exhaust is a nice mod if you have the money.

I got my bike a projector with angel eye setup. HIDs next.

Ive tried synthetic oil during my third service and the SVC suggested Agip fully synthetic oil.
Later they said fully synthetic is not good for the bike.

Try Petronas Sprinta semi synth, its good.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Guess both our rides share the same birthday then

Well, a free flow exhaust is a nice mod if you have the money.

I got my bike a projector with angel eye setup. HIDs next.

Ive tried synthetic oil during my third service and the SVC suggested Agip fully synthetic oil.
Later they said fully synthetic is not good for the bike.

Try Petronas Sprinta semi synth, its good.
I've tried the Yamalube semi - synthetic on my bike's third service . As the bike was new , didn't feel any noticeable improvement in the smoothness. Will try it again .
BTW , Can you post some pics. of your bike !
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Dear fz_rider, could you post some pictures of your ride as it stands now? From the pictures posted, I could make out that the bike had aged phenomenally well. Which means great paint job, very good parts etc. etc.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote