Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th May 2008, 13:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hunk looks stunning, I think if they plonk the ZMA engine it would be killer bike
Techno bhai,

Brilliant idea. Wish I could implement it. It would have been a Wolf in Sheep's disguise!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 08:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I would hopefully get my bike by this thursday. I have certain queries now:

My dealer says that if I take the bike on thursday then I would have to go and get it registered at the RTO which I have flatly refused to do so as its their job and not mine, they say they do the registrations once a week i.e. tuesday when the Thane RTO comes to Mira Road or else, I would have to go to Thane and get it registered. The main reason I don't want to keep the bike with them is I don't want it to be used as a test ride bike.

Secondly, I am confused about the documents. They have asked for the following documents from my end for the registration:

Form 20 (signed and filled in)
residence proof (ration card and original electricity bill)
Photo id proof (pan card copy)
Photo address proof (why this?) - for this I had an argument with the dealer as they said that RTO does not accept PAN card as the proof of id and it has to be either the passport copy or the LIC receipt!!! I told her flatly that she aint getting my passport copy what so ever happens. If the govt agencies do not accept PAN card as a proof, its not my fault.
Old 13th May 2008, 09:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Do you have any other photo id say company\college id & or better a license xerox?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 09:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Do you have any other photo id say company\college id & or better a license xerox?
Yes, I do. However, the RTO accepts only the govt issued photo id which should not be the PAN card! So, either a govt id or Passport copy! Makes me wonder what if I have sold the property on which I had got the passport made!
Old 13th May 2008, 10:59   #20
BHPian

And funny enough - RTO doesn't accept its own license as residence or photo ID proof. It doesn't get funnier than this.
manish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 11:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

I now feel car buying was so smooth!
Old 14th May 2008, 01:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Photo address proof (why this?) - for this I had an argument with the dealer as they said that RTO does not accept PAN card as the proof of id and it has to be either the passport copy or the LIC receipt!!! I told her flatly that she aint getting my passport copy what so ever happens. If the govt agencies do not accept PAN card as a proof, its not my fault.
I find your RTA weird.
At the RTO in Hyd, I just need to give in ONE proper copy for photo id/address proof/residence proof. i.e a copy of License or passport or Voter id card or PAN card or any other GOV. card, does the job.
If not a combination. Eg) the BSNL phone bill/electricity bill or GOV document for address & driving license/Office id for photo id proof

If not that an attested document from a gazetted officer/high ranking administrative service officer's stating the address and the identity of the person(people new to the city use this because they done have a permanent address proof)
gendarmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 08:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

More than the RTO, I find dealer's attitude weird! I have a question! How do I ensure that I get a new model and not from an old stock? How do I check the date of manufacture on the bike?
Old 15th May 2008, 14:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
How do I check the date of manufacture on the bike?

It should be mentioned in the invoice I guess. Isn't that mandatory when the vehicle goes for TR?
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 22:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Default My bike - Finally!

Dear Mods, please edit the thread accordingly.

Dear all,

Here are some pics of my bike. Code Name : Black Hawk

The bike will go for registration tomorrow. Will keep on updating this thread as and when the time permits.
Attached Thumbnails
1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk-image004.jpg  

1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk-image005.jpg  

1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk-image006.jpg  

1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk-image007.jpg  

1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk-image008.jpg  

1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk-image011.jpg  

Old 18th May 2008, 22:45   #26
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dude hawk,

the hawk looks cool , but it ain't got the punch and the looks of a racer bike, you should have chosen the unicorn instead if looking for the right mix, the best part about the unicorn is that the engine is the best and one wouldn't hear it wrroooom, even if several years old, that is the kinda engine Honda vehicles have. Hero Honda doesn't have the techno in them, and their engines die out in time, which is evident when the engine noise is studied when it gets old.

Enywayz, enjoy ur bike

Go HUNKINGcheers:
priyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 22:47   #27
Awaiting Email Confirmation

GUYS !!!!

What's an AGV helmet.

Is there any way to keep a helmet scratch proof ????????

priyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Its been about two months that I have my bike with me now. Not too much of riding done as due to monsoons. Here is my first 400 Kms report:

+ives:
  • Good Pickup
  • Amazing looks (subjective though)
  • Good road presence
  • Comfortable Gas filled suspension
  • Mileage recorded from tankful to empty - 30 kmpl @ 40-50 KMPH. I guess it should improve as I learn the fundamentals of bike riding.
  • Gals turn around to wonder who is this rider with most safety gears! (helmet with black visor)
-ives:
  • Not too many Hunks on the road (I take this as a +ive though as if I am riding an exotic bike!)
  • headlight could have been more powerfull.
  • The rear mudguard design tends to collect water below the brakelight as it slopes downwards towards the brake light.
Query - Can I fit ZMA's instrument console? If yes, what is the appx cost of the same?
Old 20th January 2009, 09:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Bumping into my old thread. My query is still pending. Can I put ZMA's instrument console? also, is fitting the FZ16's headlamp advisable?
Old 13th March 2009, 15:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

I checked with the HH mechanics and they denied the possibility of fixing the Zma's instrument console. Also, had a small accident where a pulsar hit me head on while I was taking a turn. No injuries to me but the handle had to be replaced at Rs. 250. Also, can someone post a pic where the mirrors should be fixed on the handle? its seems that the mirrors are not put properly on my bike and i cannot see vehicles properly in the mirrors.