Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th March 2009, 18:12   #31
VKJ
BHPian

Hey there! Good choice of bike, in fact my first bike was HH spledor. HH had always been the reliable name in Indian bikes and remember the sales figure they come every quarter that surprises everyone!....but HH must understand that by just bringing something fresh by different variants with great names dont do any magic in the long run, I always wonder what happened to the r&d guys who gave us the CBZ!..similar with the Yamaha story.
Wishing you safe and happy miles on your new bike!
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 14:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Hey there! Good choice of bike, in fact my first bike was HH spledor. HH had always been the reliable name in Indian bikes and remember the sales figure they come every quarter that surprises everyone!....but HH must understand that by just bringing something fresh by different variants with great names dont do any magic in the long run, I always wonder what happened to the r&d guys who gave us the CBZ!..similar with the Yamaha story.
Wishing you safe and happy miles on your new bike!
Thanks a lot VKJ. However, just wanted to mention that my bike is about to complete a year now.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 09:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Default 1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk

Hi All,

I heard from a dealer that HH is planning to launch the FI version of Hunk at the auto expo. Can someone please confirm this?
Old 30th December 2009, 09:59   #34
Team-BHP Support

amtak, I've merged your thread as there are too many threads on Hunk.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
amtak, I've merged your thread as there are too many threads on Hunk.
Thanks a lot Rudra. Sorry for starting a new thread on this.

PS: I am happy to see so many threads on HUNK! I am not alone I guess
Old 6th December 2011, 13:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 1st Bike - Hunk/Pulsar/RTR/Unicorn? EDIT- Its a Hunk

Over 3 years and 16000 kms later, i have sold my bike. I am already missing it!

Reason for sale - I was not able to ride it due to change in office location.

Good news - I sold it to my neighbour; so I can buy it back when he's planning to sell it!
Old 26th September 2013, 16:44   #37
BHPian

Default Pulsar 150 or Honda Unicorn?

Hello everyone,
One of my close friends in Pune is in search of his first bike. He has narrowed his choices to Pulsar 150 and the CB Unicorn. Having owned a Pulsar 150 DTSi for about 7 years, I initially told him to go for it, but his requirements were different.
I have not ridden a Unicorn, hence cannot comment on its advantages over the Pulsar.
He requirements border more on a relaxing ride and a smoother engine. He expects to keep the bike for 5 years or more.
Knowing that the Pulsar isn't good in both of the above, would like your views on the Unicorn.
Are there any better bikes that he should look for? I thought the Unicorn has become a bit long in the tooth.

PS: Mods, if there is already a thread which is related to this, kindly merge

Last edited by aneezan : 26th September 2013 at 16:45.
aneezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 17:22   #38
BHPian

Smile Re: Pulsar 150 or Honda Unicorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Hello everyone,
One of my close friends in Pune is in search of his first bike. He has narrowed his choices to Pulsar 150 and the CB Unicorn. Having owned a Pulsar 150 DTSi for about 7 years, I initially told him to go for it, but his requirements were different.
I have not ridden a Unicorn, hence cannot comment on its advantages over the Pulsar.
He requirements border more on a relaxing ride and a smoother engine. He expects to keep the bike for 5 years or more.
Knowing that the Pulsar isn't good in both of the above, would like your views on the Unicorn.
Are there any better bikes that he should look for? I thought the Unicorn has become a bit long in the tooth.

PS: Mods, if there is already a thread which is related to this, kindly merge
I am not too sure about current day unicorns - They seems to have too much rusting parts lately. Also the front forks used to leak oil. Not sure the company fixed these issues.

The one I bought was in 2008 and is still going strong. It require very less maintenance - I just change oil every 2500kms. Changed air filter and spark plug once. The odometer cable was replaced twice.

I am getting consistent mileage of about 48-50 kmpl on lower side. The max I got was 60 kmpl on highway only ride.

It is smooth to ride -suspension is also good. But the factory rear tires were bad(MRF Nylogrip). It used to skid. Now it has Michelin Sirac Street(FnR) and holds line very strong.

PS:- My bike had done only 23K kms in all these years. Also this is a pure commuter friendly bike - not a sports bike!

Last edited by Sedate : 26th September 2013 at 17:23.
Sedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 18:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pulsar 150 or Honda Unicorn?

Pls ask your friend to test ride the Suzuki GS150R as well. Out of the two he has selected, I would vote for Unicorn.

If you can, do add a poll to this thread.
ani_meher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 18:04   #40
BHPian

Want peace of mind for years to come and a superb package go for the Unicorn.
Even my friends who own Pulsars themselves vouch for this.
Unicorn anyday!

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 18:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quick query to the people suggesting the Unicorn:

How costly is the parts replacement? How frequently do costly parts need replacement?

This is one area where Bajaj & TVS score with their low priced spare parts compared to others. I have not owned a Bajaj long enough to comment on the longevity of spares but the RTR's that i have owned ran beautifully without any part replacements for the time i have owned them. (RTR160 1st gen: 6k kms, 2nd gen: 14k kms, RTR180: close to 25k kms in a year)

@aneezan, you can ask your friend to test the Unicorn and GS150R. He can also try the Yamaha SZ series to see if it fits the bill for him. FZ can also be considered if its purely for city use but it has a useless pillion seat. Heard it is improved in the current lot but not had a chance to check this out.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote