Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 15:29   #1
BHPian

Question Bajaj Service Center in Chennai

Can some one suggest me a good bajaj service center in Chennai.

I never liked the unprofessional attitude of the authorized service centers. I switched to Castrol Bike zone whose quality of service left a lot to be desired recently.

I have a P180 UG3.

Thanks.
para_7k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th January 2010, 16:25   #2
BHPian

Paramesh, why dont you try Jai autos at adayar. I always had good expereicne with them. Which castrol service center did you try?
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 16:30   #3
BHPian

Hi ElantraGT, I have had a very bad experience with the Jai autos adayar. They just do body wash in the name of service. I escalated this lot of times to them, but nothing happened. I started servicing my bike only at castrol bike zone now-a-days(the near Royapettah GH). But i have heard that the Ekkatuthangal Bikezone guys do well in this.
Jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 21:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Paramesh, why dont you try Jai autos at adayar. I always had good expereicne with them. Which castrol service center did you try?
Hari, I had been to this place before. I for some reason did not like the crowd.
Also, these days they prefer P200, P220 and Avenger guys and give less respect to others.

Any other suggestion. I was servicing at the Pallavaram CBZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi ElantraGT, I have had a very bad experience with the Jai autos adayar. They just do body wash in the name of service. I escalated this lot of times to them, but nothing happened. I started servicing my bike only at castrol bike zone now-a-days(the near Royapettah GH). But i have heard that the Ekkatuthangal Bikezone guys do well in this.
Jebs,

How is your experience with Royapettah Bike zone ? Can you also let me know its exact location.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Jebs, thats sad to hear about your experience. I have been servicing 3 of my vehicles with them till 6 months back. Its always a good experience. Once my pulsar had scratches after the service. The delivery guy was giving some stories. I just called the manager and showed him and he acknowledgged their mistake immediately. They fixed the scartch the next day and gave the vehicle. I dont remember tha managers name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Hari, I had been to this place before. I for some reason did not like the crowd.
Also, these days they prefer P200, P220 and Avenger guys and give less respect to others.

Any other suggestion. I was servicing at the Pallavaram CBZ.
You are absolutely right. The palce is relaly crowded. You need to be there by 8:00 in the morning. Once thing I observed is that if you give your vehicle late in the day for service, they generally tend to rush up to meet the delivery time of 5 PM. I always ensure that I give the vehicle for service before 8:15AM.

Guys, Now adays i dont go to the service center anymore. I have a local mechanic who takes care of all the issues for my bike. I walys geet all the parts needed and will be with the mechanic the whole time to ensure a proper service. If it is a major overhaul then only my vehicle goes to the baja showrooms.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 21:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can some one suggest me a good bajaj service center in Chennai.
I never liked the unprofessional attitude of the authorized service centers. I switched to Castrol Bike zone whose quality of service left a lot to be desired recently.
I have a P180 UG3.
Thanks.
Do you purchase your own oil? Heard that Bike Zone guys (As well as most service centers) use 20W40 Power1 instead of the recommended 20W50.

Looking forward to the outcome of this thread, as i have the same question!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 23:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Jebs,

How is your experience with Royapettah Bike zone ? Can you also let me know its exact location.
Hi Paramesh,
My exp. with Royapettah Bikezone is good but not the best. They always insists us change the parts etc.. we will have to be careful. ie, Once i left my bike for service with them, i asked them to tight screws on the side view mirrors. When i left from there, they called me like " Sir, shall we change the mirrors as they are jammed it seems. Then, i shouted them "Tight the screws only, else leave them as is". But on delivery they perfectly tighten them. But in the service perspective they are good and better backup as well if any issue in their service. They will respond immediately with absolutely no charges(even 1 or 2 months after service).

It is on the Royapettah Highroad , Opp to Y.M.C.A Ground Royapettah. (towards whites road).
Old 9th January 2010, 23:12   #8
BHPian

Hi Elantra_GT,

I had that experience nearly 2 years back. I am not sure about their current service level. But that time, i really screwed by them. There was a sales guy in that show room who suggested me to take P180(as i went to take only P150) also agreed that there were lot of complaints about their service center that time. There always quarrel between the customers and service guys in that period. Hope they improved now.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Do you purchase your own oil? Heard that Bike Zone guys (As well as most service centers) use 20W40 Power1 instead of the recommended 20W50.

Looking forward to the outcome of this thread, as i have the same question!
Yes. They fill 20W40 called Power1 I guess. But for the last 2 times, I have been getting the engine oil from Shell. I filled the fully synthetic oil from shell (Helix Ultra rated 5W40) this time. Yet to test it completely.

Quote:
Hi Paramesh,
My exp. with Royapettah Bikezone is good but not the best.
It is on the Royapettah Highroad , Opp to Y.M.C.A Ground Royapettah. (towards whites road).
Thank you very much Jebs. I will wait for a few more inputs before I give a try to this place.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:29   #10
BHPian

Jai Bajaj is by far one of the worst service centres I have ever been to. They know nothing other than to change oil and water wash vehicles.

I had gone to them last year with my Bajaj Kristal, complaining about several issues on the scooter; the fuel pump was not ok, the front forks were not properly aligned, the self starter was not working because the battery was not charged, even the brakes were not tightened. They said it would take time and they would call me. 3 days later no call. Finally I called them and they said the vehicle was ready. I go to pick up the vehicle and they make me wait for an hour coz the vehicle is not yet assembled. They quickly put it together and hand it to me. Imagine my shock and surprise when I find that they have done absolutely NOTHING on the vehicle! The battery was still not charged because of which the self was still not working, The brakes were still not tightened, The vehicle was not even washed properly...

They hand me a bill for 150 rs. as assembling charges. I fought with them and sworer to myself never to go to jai bajaj again...
CoNrOd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 22:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

I used to give my KB100 RTZ at Jai Autos (W.Mambalam) during the 90's. Haven't been impressed with their service.

Quote:
I filled the fully synthetic oil from shell (Helix Ultra rated 5W40) this time. Yet to test it completely.
Fully synthetic oil is known to cause clutch slippage in bikes. How is yours doing so far ?

Last edited by rr_zen : 13th January 2010 at 22:57.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 19:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNrOd View Post
Jai Bajaj is by far one of the worst service centres I have ever been to. They know nothing other than to change oil and water wash vehicles.
These service centers just stick to what manufacturer's say and do not deviate from it. They don't have ideas. When I ask if something can be done some other way, they say "No Sir, that is how it is. We cannot change"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Fully synthetic oil is known to cause clutch slippage in bikes. How is yours doing so far ?
I have not had any such problems. On the flip side, I'm not seeing a significant difference compared to my previous Castrol Activ 20W50. I might switch back to mineral oil during the next change.