Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th January 2010, 00:03   #16
BHPian

another reason why India needs a Better Business Bureau type of thing; one call to those guys and your business is sunk in the States. But yeah take this up with Yamaha Corporate.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 19:18   #17
BHPian

Got a response to the mail i sent; a call from the yamaha service centre in the afternoon and they first requested me to leave the vehicle with them again so that they could rectify/do all that they have not done. I was a little busy then and called them back in the evening.

Mr. Nitin was the one i spoke to this time and he was very apologetic for all that had happened, and said he truly understood his mistake, that he was under a lot of stress that day, and that he has to talk to lowly mechanics each day which is why those words may have 'accidentaly' slipped out of his mouth....and so on. he is now insisting on sending a mechanic to my house to pick up the vehicle so that he can do all that he had not done, and that the next time i need to get my vehicle serviced (or have any problem with my vehicle) i just give him a call; he'll send someone accross to pick up my vehicle! talk about change of heart!

Anyway, lets see how long this lasts. point to be noted here is that i am yet to receive any response from any higher officials at yamaha....
CoNrOd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 21:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow.

That is a terrific response. Looks like Yamaha is acting finally.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 21:10   #19
BHPian

Thumbs up

congrats! so your mail has worked and i think this is a good response.
somspaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 21:15   #20
BHPian

This shows how serious Yamaha, as a company, is taking its business in India. Me.Nithin must've got one hell of a blasting . Guess he learnt his lesson.
rg_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 21:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thats awesome. Good to hear about the Conrad. Nice to see that Yamaha hasnt really lost its customer focus completely.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 21:34   #22
BHPian

Default Pearl Yamah is terrible in Hyd too.

Hyd Yamaha guys are not rude - reasonably polite but you can read my nightmare experience on mouthshut.com (I wrote the review there as I was not a BHPian at that time.)

I had such a bad experience that I decided not to buy any Yamaha product till things work out and to be honest I love Yamaha bikes. Its a pity that customers are taken for granted.
kcnetid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 22:05   #23
BHPian

At the end of the day though, i do feel a bit sorry for Mr. Nitin; i mean what he did was unacceptably rude no doubt, but he has definitely learnt his lesson and has had one rough day...I definitely wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:16   #24
BHPian

Amazing update!
Today morning Mr. Nitin called me and requests me to allow him to service my bike. I said ok and that i'd drop my vehicle off during the weekend. But guess what, he insists on picking it up from me today and dropping it off again.
So he comes at around 1pm to my office, picks up the vehicle at around 1:15, and promises to return it by 3:30...
And he did return it at 3:30! and my god what a fantastic job on the bike! I don't know what all he has done, but the bike now flies! He has adjusted the chain tension and the rear wheel alignment, recharged the battery (or atleast thats what it feels like), definitely cleaned the airfilter and carburettor, thoroughly cleaned the chain and sprocket, tightened the ignition switch holder, and lots of other small issues are also now taken care of...He even polished the bike and returned it.
But i still can't believe the improvement in performance, the bike was not this good even when i took delivery, or after the first service, or ever for that matter! This is what a bike should feel like after a proper service, and this is the kind of service i used to get at the same service centre previously (although this is by far the best service ever!).
My only regret is if only he had done this before; i wouldn't have had to go through such unpleasantness, and he wouldn't have to face possible termination..pity..
Old 14th January 2010, 11:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNrOd View Post
Amazing update!
Today morning Mr. Nitin called me and requests me to allow him to service my bike. I said ok and that i'd drop my vehicle off during the weekend. But guess what, he insists on picking it up from me today and dropping it off again.
So he comes at around 1pm to my office, picks up the vehicle at around 1:15, and promises to return it by 3:30...
And he did return it at 3:30! and my god what a fantastic job on the bike! I don't know what all he has done, but the bike now flies! He has adjusted the chain tension and the rear wheel alignment, recharged the battery (or atleast thats what it feels like), definitely cleaned the airfilter and carburettor, thoroughly cleaned the chain and sprocket, tightened the ignition switch holder, and lots of other small issues are also now taken care of...He even polished the bike and returned it.
But i still can't believe the improvement in performance, the bike was not this good even when i took delivery, or after the first service, or ever for that matter! This is what a bike should feel like after a proper service, and this is the kind of service i used to get at the same service centre previously (although this is by far the best service ever!).
My only regret is if only he had done this before; i wouldn't have had to go through such unpleasantness, and he wouldn't have to face possible termination..pity..
See i said so! YAMAHA is damn serious about their reputation nowadays, and i'm happy that you got a proper reply from the officials!!!
fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 13:12   #26
BHPian

I think the worst is Kinetic. Well nobody could beat them in bad customer service. I can write a book about that. Anyways I have also heard that Yamaha has very rude customer service. But I had a notion that things were better offlate.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 13:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNrOd View Post
Amazing update!
Today morning Mr. Nitin called me and requests me to allow him to service my bike. I said ok and that i'd drop my vehicle off during the weekend. But guess hat, he insists on picking it up from me today and dropping it off again.......
Too good!! Glad that yamaha did ensure that they kept their customer happy

Enjoy the miles with your well-serviced bike!!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 14:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
I think the worst is Kinetic. Well nobody could beat them in bad customer service. I can write a book about that.
Ya i agree. Really had bad experience with the Kinetic.
fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 15:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

i suggest you to go to the kothrud dealership of yamaha. the person has lots and lots of knowledge like we all tbhpians have. he has the best yamaha service. you wont regret. i think its phadke auto
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 17:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, a Happy ending finally. Good to hear that Yamaha did take the complaint seriously and they do have some control over the dealerships. And even better to hear that Nitin realized his mistake and did such a splendid job of servicing your bike. I'm sure they will continue to give you very good service from now on.

Good going Yamaha!
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote