Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2006, 00:11   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

250cc pulsar at 90k ....
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 23:01   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arav
hey guys .............could u tell me how much will a 600 cc sbk will cost me approximately...............first hand and second hand.............plz.
7.5 to 8.5 lacs for a new 600cc inline 4 superbike
6 to 6.5 lacs for a 600cc naked roadster.

Met a guy riding a BUSA in the market yesterday, who gave what I think is the best advice for all prospective superbike owners :-

1. When you buy a superbike, dont think about running/maintenance cost. If you are going to, dont buy it. The running costs are like maintaining a C segment 4 wheeler.
2. Find a mechanic before you buy your bike
3. Never, never leave your bike unattended outside (showed me a smashed indicator light).
Meanwhile, like a lot of us, I continue to dream of owning one of these beuts.. Maybe, just maybe, if I won a lottery............!

Vicki_Rau
Vicki_Rau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:04   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau
7.5 to 8.5 lacs for a new 600cc inline 4 superbike
6 to 6.5 lacs for a 600cc naked roadster.

Met a guy riding a BUSA in the market yesterday, who gave what I think is the best advice for all prospective superbike owners :-

1. When you buy a superbike, dont think about running/maintenance cost. If you are going to, dont buy it. The running costs are like maintaining a C segment 4 wheeler.
2. Find a mechanic before you buy your bike
3. Never, never leave your bike unattended outside (showed me a smashed indicator light).
Meanwhile, like a lot of us, I continue to dream of owning one of these beuts.. Maybe, just maybe, if I won a lottery............!

Vicki_Rau
You forgot that these prices are after evading customs duty and all the other duties that r to be paid....my friend bought down a LE busa few days back and u dont wanna know how much he paid for it(going by the prices u indicated,he could have got himself atleast 3bikes)....
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 21:20   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 4 Times
Default sbk cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed
You forgot that these prices are after evading customs duty and all the other duties that r to be paid....my friend bought down a LE busa few days back and u dont wanna know how much he paid for it(going by the prices u indicated,he could have got himself atleast 3bikes)....
I was told that the prices are with duties and incidentals (whatever that means).


Vicki _Rau
Vicki_Rau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:16   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Cool

All manufacturers are still testing the water to see if the market is mature enough to bring those R1s and Busas. Dont expect local production in the next min 15 years. CBU may be the only option. They have to spend truck loads of money to set up special shops for local production, handle govt regulations etc. And finally they look at volumes to ensure continous production.

Can anyone gaurantee them numbers. India will remain volumes market for some time just for the reason that things like Maruti 800 and splendor still sell like hot cakes. HH claims its the largest selling co selling one dumb model. Can they sell 5% of that numbers as CBRs?? Same goes for Yamaha. How many Fazer 250s or R1s will they manage to sell??? or to put it simple how many of us can afford to buy and maintain them in India?? And where r the roads to shift to atleast 5 gear?? of couse we have the tracks and circuits. For 10 lakhs we can buy the Skoda Sports version and rip of the streets.

Hence the numbers of these Suberbikes will be counted on our fingers for ages to come. Best is to get an Indian bike like the RX or the pulsar 180 and rip off its stock parts and upgrade to performance enhancing parts. Will quench our thirst and control the adrenaline surge and save enough money for the future generations to do the same. Let me know what you think....
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:16   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Best is to get an Indian bike like the RX or the pulsar 180 and rip off its stock parts and upgrade to performance enhancing parts. Will quench our thirst and control the adrenaline surge and save enough money for the future generations to do the same. Let me know what you think....
You mean take a karizma,pulsar 180 or even a pulsar 150 and then fit a K & N filter,Proton Exhaust and fitting bigger jets,and increasing the bore size,and fitting a bigger sproket on the front = Expense approx 15 to 18 thousand and Voila ther you go.

Last edited by BUSA : 3rd April 2006 at 13:17.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 14:48   #37
BHPian
 
Mp421b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
You mean take a karizma,pulsar 180 or even a pulsar 150 and then fit a K & N filter,Proton Exhaust and fitting bigger jets,and increasing the bore size,and fitting a bigger sproket on the front = Expense approx 15 to 18 thousand and Voila ther you go.
u hit the jackpot mate, by spending about 25, u can have an aweome bike, only problem though is, u need to find a road good enough to floor it....


cheez

Last edited by Mp421b : 3rd April 2006 at 14:49.
Mp421b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:33   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
You mean take a karizma,pulsar 180 or even a pulsar 150 and then fit a K & N filter,Proton Exhaust and fitting bigger jets,and increasing the bore size,and fitting a bigger sproket on the front = Expense approx 15 to 18 thousand and Voila ther you go.
Exactly Mr. Busa. I am sure this will be awesome and save a lot of money and heartburn.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:35   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

[quote=Mp421b]u hit the jackpot mate, by spending about 25, u can have an aweome bike, only problem though is, u need to find a road good enough to floor it....

You could even spend 50K and make it look a like a R1 or ducati and Repsol Honda in Delhi. A person called Bobby does it and beleive me, even real superbikers will be fooled by the looks. Visit xbhp.com for the details.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 13:39   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

It happens in Mumbai. I was even fooled to see a BUSA on the road but it was a modded Victor with the BUSA body and really wide tyres. There are BUSA, R1s and loads of others doing rounds around town. Most of them are 2nd hand Pulsar 180s bought for around 25k and then body kit to make it look like which ever superbike and the performance job all costs totally 75k without your bike. With bike it would cost you around 45-50k but honestly speaking i would not like to do that. I would like to buy a Karizma and put performance mods on it as the Karizma has the show but it needs a bit more of a go. Just waiting for the Pulsar FI to be released but quality is still a issue with Bajaj.

Heck i started this thread and almost forgot about it. Thanks guys for bringing it back to life.

I am a member at xbhp but its quite confusing over there. LOL

Last edited by BUSA : 4th April 2006 at 13:40.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2006, 04:03   #41
BHPian
 
Akkiben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
We had the BMW F650 some years ago and it flopped badly. I suspect that's the reason mosty manufacturers are taking it easy when it comes to launching sports / touring bikes in India.
If you observe, our market is slowly opening up. We are gradually moving up the ladder. We have gone form 100s to 150s to 180s to 225s to 250s. It won't be too long before we get bigger twins and 4 pots. But, don't expect a quantum leap.
At over 5lakhs that too for a single cylinder, 650CC it was'nt worth the price, no wonder it flopped. Although the prices did drop later, people did not like that bike, as they craved for a proper sports bike.
Akkiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2006, 10:09   #42
BHPian
 
turbo_v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 457
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
If you observe, our market is slowly opening up. We are gradually moving up the ladder. We have gone form 100s to 150s to 180s to 225s to 250s. It won't be too long before we get bigger twins and 4 pots. But, don't expect a quantum leap.
How I pray your words come to be true....
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formula 1: Refuelling, more noise, faster cars coming up! jfxavier Int'l Motorsport 59 17th July 2016 19:15
Does ABS result in much faster Worn-Out Disc pads ? kri$hna Technical Stuff 47 9th September 2011 16:22
Any cruiser bikes coming to india ? Abhishekjp Motorbikes 10 7th July 2010 11:46
DC invited to make faster bikes for Mumbai police!! canonball The Indian Car Scene 15 8th July 2009 07:57
Rear Pads Worn Out Faster Than Front Pads! How is this possible? Tripod Technical Stuff 13 29th April 2009 22:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks