Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 4th September 2005, 20:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wink Any faster Bikes coming out!!

Man Indian bikes are soo boring!!

The fastest you can get without much style is the Baja pulsar 180 DTSi fast but looks similar to the 150!! Geez

The Karizma is a stunner in terms of looks but engine knocks due to lack of Horses!! All show no go!!

There are no good fast bikes in India and i Mean Indian! Not talking about CBR and all!!

Comits pricing will get me two ZMAs

So when and please tell me when will faster bikes come out like the great RD350!!

I read in one of the respectable publications that Bajaj was lauching a 250cc Pulsar!! Also did read that Hero Honda was getting a ZMA powered by 350cc engine!!

Also Royal Enfield was getting lighter sports biked powered by their Royal Engines!! But the question is when!

So bikerfreaks do you have any idea when will they be launched!! It was indiacted September and the month is already running!

So guys what do you say! I saw a Karizma type bike and it was written 250cc on it but the bike is 223cc if i am not mistaken! Imported bikes are enough to drill hole in your pocket. So a bike which would come withone one grand( read: 1 lac) and burn the roads look good (say like the Karizma) is expected by me!!

So what do you say! What can be done. Buy a Karizma and mod it to get rid of the knocking but still it will be underpowered!

Any idea when new bikes are going to be lauched and i mean new in the sense fast fast and faster!

Cheers.

Happy Riding.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 20:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

there is a royal enfield naked sportster on the cards for a 2006 3rd quarter launch. after the launch of thunderbird this one looks promising. there was also the 624cc bullet on the cards, wonder what happened to that.

kinetic is also thinking about getting comet locally made but if it happens the comet wont be out with an Indian sticker before the end of 2007

hero honda is about to introduce the more powerful karizma in 2006 mid or maybe end 2006 but the sticker price will be much higher(10k more atleast)

Bajaj had a 250cc bike on cards even before the pulsars came. the new 250cc may not be a pulsar though as I have heard its going to be a new kawasaki model.

tvs also has two 250cc models which I saw at auto expo. Dont know when they will make it to the dealers.

yamaha has confirmed 2 bikes with 1 above 200cc in 2006.

Honda also bringing in 250cc but not sure when after the recent troubles.

but still a second yamaha rd350 is the better buy.NOthin beats the RD.look at the motrocycles poll I had and you will know why.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 21:23   #3
BHPian

ya the power bikes are expected soon(read by mid-end next year).Bajaj as devarshi pointed out is coming out with a 250+cc superbike in conjunction with kawasaki which will be made not just for the indian market but for the international market so in that aspect u can expect a good bike with loads of power.

Tvs i think is ready with its big bike(250 cc or so) but last i heard,they are waiting for suzuki to enter the indian market with their first launch.

as for hero honda,i guess they are playing the wait and watch game to see who comes out with the big bike so that they can counter the other player's bike with the launch of their own big bike.

the best news i heard is that yamaha may be the surprise player and seems they r goin to launch some good bikes in the coming year.

So,keep your hopes up and just wait and watch
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 23:06   #4
BHPian

tvs : nothing for the next one
kinetic : ditto. may play with the hyosung range
yamaha : with experiment with the ckd range
hh : a biggie on the cards expected in less than 12 months 101%
bajaj : a bigger bike on the cards expected in less than 6 months 101%
RE : the bigger t'bird ready.
hmsi : nothing in the coming future..
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 23:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
they are waiting for suzuki to enter the indian market with their first launch.
Man Suzuki advertisements were up last year and still they havenot hit the shores even after a year.

Heck every one waiting for each other. God Only Knows who will make the first move.

By the way John drives a Kawasaki Ninja and advertises for a Frazer. LOL, yuk!!

Bajaj Should advertise this way under Yamahas advertisement of the frazers they should write John Rides A Kawasaki then they shold advertise Kawasaki Bajaj.. (Pulsar) Whatever.. LOL

Quote:
hh : a biggie on the cards expected in less than 12 months 101%
You sure. I just hope so. Any source of news. According to ACI they should have been here by now. Even i was expecting only HH and Bajaj to do some thing as they are the only ones revving out fast bikes.

Last edited by BUSA : 4th September 2005 at 23:09.
Old 5th September 2005, 01:28   #6
BHPian

@busa : john now rides a R6 given to him by yamaha
and suzuki india's first bike will be a 125cc
Old 5th September 2005, 01:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Enfield is planning something big as they have been silent for a long time now after thunderbird. The new thunderbird is either a 535cc or a 624cc engine. MOst probably a 535cc though. The naked sportster is supposed to be 350cc bullet engined machine.

kinetic comet will be successful but I dunno how much cost they can cut.

hero honda doesnt seem to be the dark horse to me anymore. Honda is out with their own models and bajaj beats the hell out of Honda with their each motorcycle. That's the reason y Hero Honda is waiting for others to launch.

Bajaj's next bike wont be using the DTs-i though. A kawasaki at heart it is supposed to be very refined and driveable.

tvs had displayed 2 bikes at auto expo recently and they looked too good. I just hope they play it well. even TVS has been silent for a long time. I think they are up on the drawing board with all their strength.

yamaha is the one I am axually waiting as they have been speculating the launch of their cruiser range through cbu route. their new bike will most probably be a fazer 250cc.

honda wont come out any soon with their new bike due to the recent problems at Honda.

I still say if you want a bike to beat the hell outta other bikers then rd350 is the way to go.
Old 5th September 2005, 10:05   #8
BHPian

rd was a legend. lets not get it in here with the modern machines. its fast, but not PRACTICAL.

-yamaha is still testing the fazer 250 in brazil. it may take time.
-bajaj will be making the next bike in house, and not with kawasaki
-the new thunderbird is definately the 535 one as of now
-kinetic is satisfied with the comet's response. they are playing around with the comet 650 now, which if imported, would cost around under 3lacs. very good vfm, considering its a 650cc engine
-tvs will only be coming out with two 150cc bikes, in the next 6-8months. the bikes will be different in nature.
Old 5th September 2005, 10:26   #9
Team-BHP Support

Bunny, that's awesome news! HH & Bajaj coming out with big(er) bikes this year. But, by big, what exactly do you mean? Are we still talking 250cc single here or are we getting a 250cc twin or maybe a 400/500 twin?

And Yamaha are serious on the CKD? That's the best news I've heard all year! Just hope they actually go through with it, as I'm sure it will be a success. Anyone just has to look at the number of R1's & 6's out there to know the market!

Keep us posted!!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 10:49   #10
BHPian

yamaha recently announced the setting up of their second subsidiary in india. that would be for importing in various stuff, not only bikes, but scoots,snowmachines, etc. yamaha india is really upto something

by 'big' , i mean, more powerful and faster bikes, enuf to challenge and beat the comet easily
Old 5th September 2005, 16:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
launch of their cruiser range through cbu route
Man wont this be high priced. Also who wants a cruiser any way. If a person wants a cruiser then there is only one company worth considering. You guessed it right. ROYAL ENFIELD.

Quote:
I still say if you want a bike to beat the hell outta other bikers then rd350 is the way to go
Man but looking at its looks i start crying. Only go no show! Even a Discover looks better then a RD. It should look a sportbike.

Well Comit is no great bike. It is just decent. But at that price its not worth it! THey should get it CKD way and then we(bhpains) can think of buying a Comit. Otherwise at Rs. 1.6L person would het a 99 CBR!
Old 6th September 2005, 14:57   #12
BHPian

If the quest be performance, get a nice rx135 and a proper street port done on it. You will have mindblowing performance for very-well under a lakh bucks.
powerslave12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 19:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

RD is still practical for a man who just wants power and wants the ultimate manna of biking. those who dont like its looks can modify it. I am also the member of the rd350 groups and those bunch of people are really helpful. many have also modified their bikes with excellence

For the Fazer Yamaha said it will be here by 3rd quarter 2006.the cruisers are supposedly the v-max(1100cc) through cbu and the bigger enticer.

the next bajaj bike is confirmed not inhouse.It is the next kawasaki bike made with bajaj after the wind125 for the world market.

the new enfield may not be 535cc because the engine is not found to be feasible with todays norms.the 535 thunderbird was supposed to debut within 6 months itself after the launch of the 350cc thunderbird.even the 624cc engine has the same problem. BUt the company has been sitting silent for such a long time that it is hard to say.

kinetic will bring in the 650cc through the cbu and the 250cc will supposedly be built inhouse now.

about TVS they didnt have any 150cc at display at the auto expo. their 250cc bike was excellent though.
Old 7th September 2005, 21:27   #14
BHPian

due rd is an all time great and is still the best hi- powered bike (indian make) .
and throw a little light on the 99 cbr for 1.6l , seems to be a steal man . ( busa )

Last edited by luver@cbr-rr's : 7th September 2005 at 21:28.
luver@cbr-rr's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2006, 13:39   #15

Does anybody know when Suzuki is launching their Bike. I read somewhere that they are ready to launch a 125CC bike but the ad running since last week in news papers shows a Hayabusa . Their indian site http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/ has no useful information.
rejika is offline   Reply With Quote