Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th May 2011, 23:30   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Guys that was just a Joke. The RED pillion is funnty in shape.

And regarding a Pillion. Me and my lady had a big argument on why are we taking the car for the himachal trip rather than one of the bikes, (Thank god that she does not like TBHP othe wise i would have been gone after making this public)
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 12:49   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Guys that was just a Joke. The RED pillion is funnty in shape.

And regarding a Pillion. Me and my lady had a big argument on why are we taking the car for the himachal trip rather than one of the bikes, (Thank god that she does not like TBHP othe wise i would have been gone after making this public)
Hey, thats exactly what I had thought too and Agreed - The red pillion looks kinda funny.

Believe me, I feel lucky to have my lady love & look forward to the bike trips. She often comes up with suggestions on the places we should be visiting. All I am waiting for now, is to finish breaking on my CBR-250 and also get good saddle bags for the bike.

OT, but do you think along with saddle bags (Cramsters-Colt) a good tank bag would be a good idea?

Last edited by mantrig : 30th May 2011 at 12:54.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 17:34   #1683
BHPian

Default Toe Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Is there any way i can get a toe-only shifter[as in the pic] for my C5 in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
Please share link of the source if you know it...
Name:  Royal4.jpg
Views: 2748
Size:  4.0 KB
See if this suits. Page link, item named Royal-4. pl do let me know the price if you happen to check.
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 00:49   #1684
BHPian

@Renjjie:- Its a right-sided shifter as in STD. I don't think it will match.
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 07:47   #1685
BHPian

Have any of you guys put a rear disc brake on your classic 500? One of the disadvantages of the upswept silencer is if you get a puncture you will need to remove the silencer before you can remove the tyre..so now I am seriously contemplating the tubeless + alloys option even though it would break my heart to lose the classic spoked wheels. Since I will have to buy new rims I was wondering about the rear drum vs disc brakes.
adises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 09:15   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
.. Its a right-sided shifter as in STD. I don't think it will match.
nope., its a right side conversion shifter for the 5speed box. Flipping it usd should do for Lh pedal.
Rennjit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 12:06   #1687

[quote=Randhawa;2306022]@Arun- You can fit an alternative K&N filter(E-0900) but you wont be able to fit the black filter cover then. Till now there is no OEM size replacement filter available from k&N. Search this thread for K&N filter fitment procedure.

Hi Randhwa, been quite a while since I opened this thread. I do have a stock replacement filter fitted on my CL500 and guess what, the Black filter cover fits just fine. I will try to find out the part number of the K&N filter and try posting some pics too.
Girileo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 13:07   #1688
BHPian

[quote=Girileo81;2372374]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Arun- You can fit an alternative K&N filter(E-0900) but you wont be able to fit the black filter cover then. Till now there is no OEM size replacement filter available from k&N. Search this thread for K&N filter fitment procedure.

Hi Randhwa, been quite a while since I opened this thread. I do have a stock replacement filter fitted on my CL500 and guess what, the Black filter cover fits just fine. I will try to find out the part number of the K&N filter and try posting some pics too.
That's a great news. Please let us know that part number.
virtualhemant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 12:57   #1689
BHPian

Trying to add some life to this thread :-) Where everyone is gone?

Guys,

Recently I discovered that my bike makes a whining noise which I can here only when I pass by walls. I found when I press the rear break liver slightly the noise disappears. I think it's coming from rear break drum. However I go by rear drum and shoe-pad cleaned (not replaced) some 500kms back.

Is it something rubbing in the drum, as someone has mentioned previously? but the sound vanishes after pressing the break pedal. weird issue.
Old 14th June 2011, 13:17   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Lol!

Over one year of ownership has taught me to go deaf to most sounds on the Bull.

If its running fine, let it be. (You don't feel the brake drum being partly engaged otherwise, right?) Our Bulls don't give us much of a notice before going kaput.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 12:28   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualhemant View Post
Blame the Guy who started all this in the first place.........where is he ??
He has already dissected the engine twice, so I don't think he is busy with that. May be working on some modifications to improve the performance and persona of this beautiful bike we love to call the "C5"
bradhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 15:18   #1692
BHPian

He has moved on to four wheelers. fiat punto to be specific. But surely he must be missing posting and coming back to this thread which has been primary source of understanding the C5.

His last post held hope for better things to come. so Randhawa, any updates on that from your side?
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 10:04   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualhemant View Post

Guys,

Recently I discovered that my bike makes a whining noise which I can here only when I pass by walls. I found when I press the rear break liver slightly the noise disappears. I think it's coming from rear break drum. However I go by rear drum and shoe-pad cleaned (not replaced) some 500kms back.

Is it something rubbing in the drum, as someone has mentioned previously? but the sound vanishes after pressing the break pedal. weird issue.
Hi,
Check the brake shoe springs. They sometimes touch the brake drum or the brake cam plate , causing noise. pressing the brake puts them under tension , stopping the noise.
Regards
Naren
hexanerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 23:00   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexanerax View Post
Hi,
Check the brake shoe springs. They sometimes touch the brake drum or the brake cam plate , causing noise. pressing the brake puts them under tension , stopping the noise.
Regards
Naren
You were right Naren. The spring was touching the brake drum and creating resonance sound. Per the mech, it's bound to be there unless we cut the small portion of the drum but he didn't recommended that. I got the break shoe changed and surprisingly the noise is gone. Good for me.
Old 19th June 2011, 12:53   #1695
BHPian

All,

Now that I have decided to get me a C5 (classic chrome) I called up the brand showroom at Hyderabad and asked for a test drive. They sent it to my house yesterday and after that the ride, I am completely sold. Now I am also told that there is a waiting period of 10 months currently and the Chrome model is not for sale in India.

Any help from any one to make my dream come true will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
sudipta is offline   Reply With Quote