Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st July 2011, 08:09   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Thats what i was thinking,i have a Machismo 350 with similar paint scheme,since 1999
Akshay yes they are just bringing the old schemes in again. to be true with you i would not buy a bullet for how it looks any more cause they all are same.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:00   #1727
BHPian

Do anyone know about launch of Sand Storm Matt Finish color launch? I am going to get my C5 in Jul-Aug'11 (Green or Black) but I like the Matt finish paint more than current offerings.
rajanvash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:39   #1728
BHPian

Default Classic Chrome

I am told that it will be launched any time Aug 2011. Someone in this forum also mentioned around Diwali timeframe this year. I should be able to get some confirmed date by end of Jul 2011.
sudipta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 15:17   #1729

Last week when I topped-up the fuel tank and started the C5, the fuel indicator came on. It's constantly glowing since then, under all conditions (idle, running etc.). Once a while it does goes off (say for a couple of minutes), but for most of the time it's on.

Not sure if the sensor is gone bad, or is it something else. Has anyone faced this issue?
anurag47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 11:07   #1730
BHPian

My C5 is up for second service. The first service was carried out in Teknik motors Sarjapur Road. Since then, I've read about many horror stories about the service in Teknik Motors. Any suggestions on where I can carry out the second service in Bangalore?
reswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 04:41   #1731
BHPian

@anurag47

I faced the same issue on my C5. Turned out to be a faulty float (not sure if thats what it is called) which houses the sensor. Get it replaced under warranty. Also, after they fix it, double check that the light comes on when fuel level is low.
girishab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 10:16   #1732
BHPian

Default Re: Classic Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
I am told that it will be launched any time Aug 2011. Someone in this forum also mentioned around Diwali timeframe this year. I should be able to get some confirmed date by end of Jul 2011.
Thanks Sudipta, I called up Bangalore Brand Store guys yesterday and as expected they chose to communicate that they are not aware of the launch. May be, visiting in person would have helped. But they confirmed that I can transfer my booking to the new color, when launched. And the priority would be decided by date of original booking.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:26   #1733
BHPian

Post 500 carb'd version

I ve been following this thread closely last couple of months. Excellent source of info. Five stars.

Ive booked a classic 500 'black' back in march and expecting delivery sometime in Aug as per what the dealer mentioned. In fact i booked the classic when my friend took delivery of his. His bike has got the 'jerks' and he's unable to get rid of it. I ve ridden it and its quite nasty when it strikes on 2nd and 3rd gears. Kills the entire ride experience...!

Have told him to try and get the re map done after speaking to RE. This half hearted attempt by RE on its Indian bikes leaves me quite skeptical about the EFI system, even with the re-map as the Lambda is a requirement for a closed loop circuit and that's the 'right' way for it to work. They should may be provide it under the guise of an 'after market kit' or something like that, where knowledgeable owners could have the option of spending that extra 10k for the fitment. Just like they sell an optional disk brake...! That would complete the package and make it more reliable and improve the ride experience. EFI Zindabad.

As an avid long haul rider and an owner of 2 other RE's, a standard 350 and the AVL machismo 4 speed, I ve always had the option to tinker around with them whenever i want, especially the carb.

In this thread there are mentions about the 500 carb'd version's impending launch and some other sites claim to have confirmed info on this thru the Bangalore dealer..! Just wanted to know if this is true and if there is any latest update. I may defer my delivery in that case and wait.

I know EFI is the way to go but RE's are best when they can be tinkered with. call it customization..? and EFI does not allow one to do that to a large extent.

I would prefer a carb (CV) over the EFI given the current state of things.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 13:14   #1734
BHPian

Default Re: 500 carb'd version

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
I ve been following this thread closely last couple of months. Excellent source of info. Five stars.

Ive booked a classic 500 'black' back in march and expecting delivery sometime in Aug as per what the dealer mentioned.
Which dealer have you booked with? 6 months delivery in Mumbai is brilliant. Can you please shed more light.
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 07:52   #1735
BHPian

Unhappy Re: 500 carb'd version

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Which dealer have you booked with? 6 months delivery in Mumbai is brilliant. Can you please shed more light.
You guys are lucky according to me. I booked C5 (Green or Black) on 29th Nov 2010 and got to know yesterday that there are 35 bookings still pening to be delivred before mine. One of my friend who booked c350 in dec' 10, is going to get his bull this week. I really dont know what is the problem and where. Venki (RE CEO) talks about enchantment in his latest blog and I am getting enchanted by the thought of moving on HD/Ninja 650 than waiting endlessly for my C5. All my mails sent to RE and entries in RE blogs havenot yielded any response.
Old 8th July 2011, 12:31   #1736
BHPian

Default Re: 500 carb'd version

6 months is what they told me when I booked it and its written on my booking slip as well. Including Mar, Aug will make 6 months. They did nt confirm it thou and were nonchalant about it. So, Im presuming in true RE style it wud be delayed to about 8 months, which is why I'm thing carb..!.
My friend got his in 8 months. The dealer is Soniya motors - Bhandup.

Probably there are much more bookings in Bangalore for the 500 than in Mumbai, which is why the extremely long waits...!. The bookings for the Classic 350's here are also much higher than the 500's and the wait is apparently 8-10 months, same goes apparently for the T-Bird and the Electra.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 15:07   #1737
BHPian

Looks like Race Dynamics has put the tuned ECU for the C5 into production. PowerTRONIC - Plug-in ECU for Yamaha R15 and Enfield Classic 500 | racedynamics.in

Anyone with more information on this?
reswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 21:19   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post
Looks like Race Dynamics has put the tuned ECU for the C5 into production. PowerTRONIC - Plug-in ECU for Yamaha R15 and Enfield Classic 500 | racedynamics.in

Anyone with more information on this?

Yes, Yes, Me too..Iam also interested in changing with the hope it will solve the jerking and other problems.
drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 02:40   #1739
BHPian

The R15 ECU costs around 9-10k i believe. Quite pricey. I was hoping to try out the C5 ECU only if its available under 5k
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 14:09   #1740
BHPian

@Randhawa and other experts : I have currently clocked 2500 kms in my standard uce 350. Till now I have religiously kept my bike below 50kms/hr. Once while riding in synch with my friend's FZ, I found out that while I was clocking 50 kph, my friends FZ was clocking 56 kph(digital). During the first 500 kms, i had touched speeds of 50 kph and this means that i might have exceeded 50 kph. Would this have affected the engine ? Another thing is that my bike moves from 0 to 10 kph in I gear, 10-20 in II, 20-30 in III, 30-40 in IV and above 40 in V. When the vehicle reaches 40 in III gear the engine RPM will be on the high rate. Now what is the speed range in each of the gears (I mean without riding hard) and should I stretch the speed to 50 in III gear? I tried it once recently and the bike was a bit reluctant and I had let go of the attempt.
Regards Adrian
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote