Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 28th November 2016, 10:51   #3961
BHPian

Default Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I simply could not kick start the bike, hence need to get it replaced online.
You may swap a battery of activa or some small vehicle at home and run the vehicle with kick start. Ensure you don't press the start button accidentally. This way you can reach a battery shop. Else remove the battery and take it a shop where you can replace it with a new one and mount it at home. Typically the battery sellers don't hesitate to come with you can get the battery fitted in the bike if you promise to drop him back at his shop.
ilangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:02   #3962
BHPian

Friends,
I recently took delivery of my Desert Storm. On the first day while riding home from the showroom, the engine started getting stalled intermittently, something similar to fuel tank reaching its last drops of fuel. This continued even after filling fuel and finally the bike stopped. I called the service and it was towed to the service center. The next day, my bike was delivered saying that there was some loose connection in the fuse box. Since then the bike is running fine, but I feel a slight missed throttle response at the beginning of the acceleration in each gear. It is just a fraction of a second, and it is felt intermittently. The service engineer says it is normal in an EFI model. Is this normal?
rama75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:28   #3963

Nope...may be sometimes but not every time
ajayps77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 13:06   #3964
Senior - BHPian

This will happen on a cold efi 500 if you throttle quickly like a jap bike. This bull likes to be treated gently.

Does it still happen after the bike has warmed up considerably?
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 15:19   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Friends,
I recently took delivery of my Desert Storm. On the first day while riding home from the showroom, the engine started getting stalled intermittently, something similar to fuel tank reaching its last drops of fuel. This continued even after filling fuel and finally the bike stopped. I called the service and it was towed to the service center. The next day, my bike was delivered saying that there was some loose connection in the fuse box. Since then the bike is running fine, but I feel a slight missed throttle response at the beginning of the acceleration in each gear. It is just a fraction of a second, and it is felt intermittently. The service engineer says it is normal in an EFI model. Is this normal?
Please maintain at least a minimum of 3 - 4 litres of petrol in the tank.
diwa is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 21:22   #3966

Friends
I have been riding the Enfields for about 9 years now. I presently ride a classic 350(about 16k kms done). Its in stock condition so I wanna make some changes to it now, just wanted to ask what is the max tyre size I can have in the front without changing the fender or any other mod. Also the tyre size I can have at the rear without any significant mod.Classic 350 rear size is 110/90 x 80 but classic 500 is 120/80 x 80 so I guess that can be done but I'm not sure.
Also i'd be really greatful if anyone can recommend good tyres.
This must have been discussed in this forum many a times, so sorry for any repetitions( just a rookie here)
Jayant1988 is offline   Reply With Quote