My previous Bull..... am I OT?
Attached Images

Puffdamgcdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:26   #1157
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Quote:
I've booked a CBR250 ( due by April)
Hey, booking started? may be the wrong thread to ask, but whats the OTR?
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:33   #1158
Senior - BHPian

@Puffy- During initial ownership period when I was still complaining about things to my dealer, he actually made me ride a LB500 just for the comparison between the two for the sole purpose of exactly what you want to know with your experience of LB500. You will get what you want from C5. But you will have to wait till 7-10k before everything becomes like cream.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:39   #1159
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Yup, bookings started on Jan 1st. Expected delivery time- 1st week of April. C-ABS version tentative ex- showroom price 1.80 lacs and non abs version 1.5 lacs. ( Could change +/- 10 grands)
Old 11th January 2011, 15:41   #1160
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Puffy- During initial ownership period when I was still complaining about things to my dealer, he actually made me ride a LB500 just for the comparison between the two for the sole purpose of exactly what you want to know with your experience of LB500. You will get what you want from C5. But you will have to wait till 7-10k before everything becomes like cream.
Thats really interesting. Am getting the positive vibes about the Bullet once again... any news about the India launch of the Chrome/ red UCE 500 or the T-Bird 500?
Old 11th January 2011, 17:30   #1161
BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to sell my c500 in Mumbai due to relocation. It was fun doing 10,000+kms on it in a year.

Cheers
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 23:32   #1162
Senior - BHPian

@Puffy- I think we will see the chrome this year and may be the T5 later.

@Rahul- Hope you get the right price and keep in mind the increased price by 5k since you bought the bike and probably within a month another 4k increase.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:07   #1163
BHPian

@ randhawa:

Gave the bike for service this morning, and after initial hesitation, they have agreed to do almost all the changes i asked for. Only issues is that i could not stay there to supervise, as they said it may take 2-3days depending on the workload. I am hoping that they actually DO the changes requested for, and not just lie. They know me well as someone who keeps writing complaints to RE & Eicher, so hope that would be helpful

They have agreed to:

1. change the front fork oil
2. change the disc brake oil
3. look at the issue with disc screeching and accordingly decide on action.
4. change the rear cushion rubber
5. change the rear brake shoe
6. have asked for change of engine oil (the regular mineral), and oil filter, although the Manuel says no oil change at 4th service.
7. they have agreed to inspect the auto chain adjuster also.
8. and most imp, they have agreed to replace to swing arm bush to the metal one from std 350. They said they have dont it on a C5, so i hope they know whats to be done.
9. wheel alignment.
10. inspect the hub and drum bearings
11. inspect the t cone bearing

Regarding the rear shock pressure test, they dont have the specific needle required.

lets see how the bike feels after coming back, and hope all the above does not cost me a bomb.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 12th January 2011 at 14:09.
Old 12th January 2011, 18:03   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Puffy- I think we will see the chrome this year and may be the T5 later.

@Rahul- Hope you get the right price and keep in mind the increased price by 5k since you bought the bike and probably within a month another 4k increase.
Hey thanks for the update Randhawa I did not check the current prices. I will keep that in mind.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 09:15   #1165
BHPian

hi Randhawa,
sorry for that reply(i thought i irritated you),actually iam really not technical person so it was pretty hard for me to check so finally i went to workshop and dumped my vehicle and took printout of your replies and presented them to learn something.I came across a new thing that new CL500 are equipped with newer powerful batteries(as mentioned by the technician- at night bike feels underpowered when headlights are on,many customers reported the problem now company has changed it to 14V),today having meeting with the head engineer from mumbai finger crossed,do pray for my bull that it gets well soon.
pratikjammy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 15:05   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratikjammy87 View Post
hi Randhawa,
sorry for that reply(i thought i irritated you),actually iam really not technical person so it was pretty hard for me to check so finally i went to workshop and dumped my vehicle and took printout of your replies and presented them to learn something.I came across a new thing that new CL500 are equipped with newer powerful batteries(as mentioned by the technician- at night bike feels underpowered when headlights are on,many customers reported the problem now company has changed it to 14V),today having meeting with the head engineer from mumbai finger crossed,do pray for my bull that it gets well soon.
14V is new to me. To increase power one should increase AMP (Current) and not Voltage. Even cars have 12V battery.
virtualhemant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 16:06   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratikjammy87 View Post
I came across a new thing that new CL500 are equipped with newer powerful batteries(as mentioned by the technician- at night bike feels underpowered when headlights are on,many customers reported the problem now company has changed it to 14V),today having meeting with the head engineer from mumbai finger crossed,do pray for my bull that it gets well soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualhemant View Post
14V is new to me. To increase power one should increase AMP (Current) and not Voltage. Even cars have 12V battery.
I guess the mechanic would have meant 14AH battery. Bullets with ES need 14AH battery against 9 AH for KS models.
huntrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 23:54   #1168
Senior - BHPian

@Nasir- Lets see how well do RE does their last free service

@Pratik- You cheeky sod you are going to get me into trouble. Comrades like you have pestered RE with enough links to this thread. If this was in USA and RE a big powerful corporate then somebody would have been knocking on my door. I am feeling the heat already.

You are misinformed and whoever gave you the info was either fooling you or fooling himself and not worthy to be employed with RE.

There is no change in voltage or would be in future. Our battery is 12v 14amp. Max charge through the rectifier is 14amp with high beam. Only problem is with the battery quality and maintenance. Specification for charging and supply are adequate to do the needful.

Do update us with whatever RE explains you and try to ask as many questions you can ask so you learn in the process and if they misinform you then we could correct you on that.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:46   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
@Nasir- Lets see how well do RE does their last free service
I did tell them that i will PAY for the free service, if they do a good job.
Also told them to take their own sweet time, there is no hurry, but all i want is a job done well.Today is the third day and the bike is still with them. Think they have taken me seriously on the "take your own time" front. God knows what they are upto. Will call them towards evening and ask for update.

Hey, I feel its been discussed before, but still, could you tell me the difference between the C5 swing arm bush, and the Std 350 bush. And why would a Std 350 bush work better than the OEM C5 bush.
Old 16th January 2011, 09:07   #1170
BHPian

Hi Randhawa,
i had long discussion with the technical guy about the problem,he said dealership/workshop lack electrical components to test .i wanted to ask you that is your workshop equipped well with these machines?the current conclusion drawn is that there's problem with the fuel injection system in the bike,so they're gonna change it and secondly all newer CL500 come with new thin plastic casing in the air vent box(as explained tthat in some ikes the pressure was so high in the box that metal casing blasted so to protect it is laced abover the air filter,i saw it by my self.Will post the pic sooner as i too will get for my bike or else will goto dealership and get the picture soon).
pratikjammy87 is offline   Reply With Quote