Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st January 2011, 19:38   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Yeah I am serious on coming to Bangalore but not certain when I will be able to make it. Will love to help my fellow comrades and learn a thing or two from experienced bulleteers.

It's not just the plugs but every thing clean makes lot of difference hence in my opinion the engine oil should be changed at every 3k. Don't forget to clean the filter and oil it as well(only for K&N).

You can only downsize the front sprocket as its at its max teeth's in front(no space to go bigger). Only other option is to play with the rear sprocket or perhaps go for belt conversion but not a cheap option.

Update on carb conversion

I finally made the OEM parts(with part no) & cost list. Came out to 13k but a lot can be improvised to bring the cost down. Will update the list soon.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:18   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I am serious on coming to Bangalore but not certain when I will be able to make it. Will love to help my fellow comrades and learn a thing or two from experienced bulleteers.
kewl. Let us know once u finalise on the plan. would love to meet you.

13K for carb conversion! weighing the pros and cons, would it be worth the price?
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 14:04   #1188
Senior - BHPian

That price is excluding labour and tuning. It will be each to its own thing. Cons will be fuel economy and hit & trial getting the jetting right. Apart from that its all pros as I see it. But beneficial only for hardcore enthusiast who wants max performance and want to tune it to their liking and get the best from K&N and free flow exhaust. Price can be reduced by more then 4k depending on how resourceful you are in getting parts and how far OEM setup you want.
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:28   #1189
BHPian

I finally sold my ride. Delivery will be in second week of feb after I do a ride to Goa on it
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:56   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Your last days of ownership will end up with a awesome ride to Goa and back. What a way to end up the relationship hey
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:08   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Your last days of ownership will end up with a awesome ride to Goa and back. What a way to end up the relationship hey
true Randhawa had it for exactly a year now. And will end it with a ride in one of the supposedly most scenic routes. Had good times with the bike. And got a good deal also.

Will post the final amount after the delivery of the bike is complete

Last edited by indian21r : 22nd January 2011 at 18:12.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:06   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post

Most of the time the rear tyre will skid to LH side and nothing to do with the front and thats normal. It's also due to the fact that when we do hard braking, unconsciously the handle is tilted to left as we expect it to slide to that side.
Hey, I'm new to this forum but have been following it since 5-6 months. Firstly I would like to appreciate your insights into the C5. Secondly, my bike always skids to the right side when I brake hard. I'm attaching a pic of my rear tyre. It looks like it's misaligned but I'm not sure since it drive ok until I hit a indentation on the road, where it feels like slipping. Is that common?
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-photo-2.jpg
classic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:55   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Hey, I'm new to this forum but have been following it since 5-6 months. Firstly I would like to appreciate your insights into the C5. Secondly, my bike always skids to the right side when I brake hard. I'm attaching a pic of my rear tyre. It looks like it's misaligned but I'm not sure since it drive ok until I hit a indentation on the road, where it feels like slipping. Is that common?
Attachment 487199
Misalignement is not measured by comparing the rear tyre with the rear fender (mud guard)..... it is measured with your front tyre...this was discussed somewhere in the thread, but you may also search the Internet.
bradhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:35   #1194
BHPian

Hi
@indian21r : A nice way to end the ownership. Looking forward to read your post of your drive.
@randhawa : Looks like you have a following in Bangalore too. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 03:16   #1195
BHPian

Yeah agree with bradhey, calculating the alignment wrt the mudguard it not a good idea.. 1. should see the number of notches.. 2. front and back wheel track (for the more inclined who believe notches may not be accurate)
cogentr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 03:39   #1196
Senior - BHPian

@Classic86- As bradhey said, you should not compare it with the mudguard for reference point. Better to do it with front tyre. Aren't you using rear brake too much or not the proper ratio front to rear? In my entire 21k on my bike, the max I have skidded on the rear tyre is less then 10 times. You have more chance to loose your balance if rear is used more then front.
Old 25th January 2011, 16:03   #1197
BHPian

the fact that military Green C5 is not allowed in india, i was thinking of alternate options. One that came to my mind was MATT FINISH DARK BLUISH GREY, with some vintage simple graphics. Basically Military type looks without having the military green colour.
Below is a simulation. What do you guys say...
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-c5-colour-option-01.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 16:19   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
the fact that military Green C5 is not allowed in india, i was thinking of alternate options. One that came to my mind was MATT FINISH DARK BLUISH GREY, with some vintage simple graphics. Basically Military type looks without having the military green colour.
The colour looks great, neat!.

Any ideas for a Thunderbird? am planning to get mine coloured and am really looking for good options. All help in this regard appreciated.
Bapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 17:54   #1199
BHPian

Nasir this is truly amazing....worth a hundred compliments...however (there is always a catch) this may be the colour Air force uses on its bullets...check it before you go ahead.
bradhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 17:56   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
The color looks awesome. If you go a little lighter color you can go for the Air Force blue color if not the Army green (if thats allowed).
ricky_1605 is offline   Reply With Quote