Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th September 2005, 20:56   #1
BHPian

Default Instrument cluster light change

Hey Guys!I have a Pulsar 150 Classic and was really looking forward from a very long time to get the speedometer and the tacho light with something like blue back like the one on the Graptor.Is it possible.I tried doing it once by fitting L.E.D but the circuit got burnt and had to get it off.So please help people.I am really looking forward to get it done.It will really look cool.The coloured bulbs available in the market do not give that satisfaction.So???Looking forward for your help.

Thank you,
Busa
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005, 21:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

na u wont get blue light,because the pulsar's speedo gas a green back plastic for night illumination.

i have got white light for my p180. the standard bulb has been painted light metallic purple which gives out white light as a result.it looks really good compared to the yellow lighting.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005, 22:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

This might be offtopic but,
don't u get neon dials for cars and bikes?? and are they expensive??
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005, 22:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

sorry for the image quality.photos taken using 6600.its looks much better in person than what u see in the images.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 9th September 2005 at 22:21.
Old 10th September 2005, 00:34   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
na u wont get blue light,because the pulsar's speedo gas a green back plastic for night illumination.

i have got white light for my p180. the standard bulb has been painted light metallic purple which gives out white light as a result.it looks really good compared to the yellow lighting.
merve u can change the colour of the filter to a transparent one and then ul get a purple colour display..if u need a blue or red u need to add the same colour LED's and if possible paint the filter in the same colour of the LED's too..that will look real cool..hope that helps..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2005, 01:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

i dont think we an change the filter.sine the filter is painted green from behind and ha speedo markings on the front side.it will require a custom made or modified speedo to get a true blue or red color.and i dont think such transparent speedo plates(facia) are available for the pulsar in the open market.
Old 10th September 2005, 01:52   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

u can merve..what u need to do is use a thinner and a thin blade to remove the existing colour of the filter and then apply a very very thin coat of the paint u want on the filter and plonk in a LED of the desired colour chioce..im looking to get the same done for my zen,but not able to sourse the LEDs required for this in bangalore..if u know any company from which these LEDs are made or give me any info on them i can carry out the same on my car and will post the pics and the exact details on how to go about so that u get a fair idea..any info on LEDs pls let me know..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2005, 09:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

we dont have led's in the instrument cluster.there are multiple small 2w 12V bulbs.there are three in the pulsar.

led's are not suggested since it is difficult to find 12V led's easily and 9V ones get too hot.i had put one on my palio's power window lok switch and the switch got burnt even after fitting a resistance for the LED.

anyways i will try to find which bulbs u can get.but i dont recommend open the instrument cluster since small damage to the sensitive springs can destroy the speedo accuracy.