Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 20:47   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
im in a state of intense confusion guys!! so intense that i know that i gonna regret not buying one bike if i buy the other!!
the main two bikes on my list as of now are the Yamaha Fazer and the RE ELECTRA.
if i am to buy the Electra, i want to be absolutely sure that i can handle all the squeaks and niggles she can throw at me. could you guys post the links to the threads??

will also test ride the HH ZMA this weekend, and will give the RTR 180 a try aswell.
thanks a lot for your inputs guys!! youve been really helpful!!
Cheers!!
From the angle of reliability, Yamaha FZ 16/ Fazer has smooth engine and very crispy gearshifts. The gear box gives a feeling that it will stay for decades without misfires. One negative aspect of FZ 16 is it doesnot have kick start. Iam not sure about Fazer. However, being an owner of an FZ 16, I have seen that the bike starts at first press in cold climate of Bangalore without using it for 4-5 days. Personally I feel, Enfield bullet's/ Pulsar's reliabilty could not match that of FZ16's/ Fazer's. HH ZMA would be another reliable choice.
Aravindpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 21:01   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
One negative aspect of FZ 16 is it doesnot have kick start. Iam not sure about Fazer. However, being an owner of an FZ 16, I have seen that the bike starts at first press in cold climate of Bangalore without using it for 4-5 days.
Fazer is the FZ16 with the R-15 fairing. So it should not be too different except for the relatively relaxed riding posture due to change in handle bar positioning and softer seats. So it should almost be similar to FZ16 in all other aspects.

Bivin, FZ16 would be a better choice compared to Fazer for the city use since you wont have that huge fairing to bother about in the parking lots. Add to that the additional 7-8 kgs of body weight of the fairing to the engine and it would not be as easy to sprint around in the city as the FZ16.

Happy choosing!!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 13:25   #33
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Fazer is the FZ16 with the R-15 fairing. So it should not be too different except for the relatively relaxed riding posture due to change in handle bar positioning and softer seats. So it should almost be similar to FZ16 in all other aspects.

Bivin, FZ16 would be a better choice compared to Fazer for the city use since you wont have that huge fairing to bother about in the parking lots. Add to that the additional 7-8 kgs of body weight of the fairing to the engine and it would not be as easy to sprint around in the city as the FZ16.

Happy choosing!!
The FZ would be on the very TOP of my list, IF i wasnt 6'2. but fortunately or unfortunately, i happen to be 6'2 and the FZ doesnt really look suited to me. the ride of the thing is perfectly suited for city sprints as you say, but how the i look while i ride the bike is also a concern for me. i dont really mind spending the extra 7-8k, and bearing the extra weight if it means it will look a tad better on me. and i still get the amazing yamaha reliability..
Thanks and Cheers guys!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 22:51   #34
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Bivin, if you have not taken a test ride of Karizma-R, I would suggest you take a test ride of it before deciding. It is powerful than FZ, and handling and stability are among the best. The engine is smooth, refined, and reliable. For your hight, it will be really comfortable, and the karizma is famous for the comfortable riding position along with bullet-proof engine.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 23:50   #35
BHPian
 
abhayshanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 694
Thanked: 168 Times
Default

But hasnt the Karizma ZMR replaced the old Karizma?
Also dude i am telling you just get a P220 F just like me, i am thoroughly enjoying it.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 00:37   #36
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
But hasnt the Karizma ZMR replaced the old Karizma?
Also dude i am telling you just get a P220 F just like me, i am thoroughly enjoying it.
Karizma-R is not discontinued. It is still selling in good numbers. Karizma-R is a VFM product than the latest ZMR.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 00:42   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 1,112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Karizma-R is not discontinued. It is still selling in good numbers. Karizma-R is a VFM product than the latest ZMR.
I dont think so.

ZMR has got goodies worth the extra dough. But if i had the money i would go for the R15 instead of the ZMR.

@bivin

If you are don care a damn about FE, power (for the price you pay) and if you really want snob value, looks ; go for the Fazer/FZ. Else the 220. Zma is quite outdated.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 10:06   #38
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 4,843 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Fazer is the FZ16 with the R-15 fairing. !
everything is different in fairing, have a close look and come back,

right from lamps to parking lights, mirrors everything, tell me ONE THING WHICH IS SIMILAR(in both motorcycles except for mundane things like gear-shift lever etc) and i will owe you a treat

@bivin-- if possible take a long-ish test ride and see which bike suits you and your riding style
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 17:39   #39
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Bivin, if you have not taken a test ride of Karizma-R, I would suggest you take a test ride of it before deciding. It is powerful than FZ, and handling and stability are among the best. The engine is smooth, refined, and reliable. For your hight, it will be really comfortable, and the karizma is famous for the comfortable riding position along with bullet-proof engine.
will do buddy... am going on a testing spree today in about an hour. will let you all know by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
But hasnt the Karizma ZMR replaced the old Karizma?
Also dude i am telling you just get a P220 F just like me, i am thoroughly enjoying it.
you have NO IDEA how much i want to buy the p220f!!! but im just scared about maintaining it. i own a p180 and have faced quite a lot of problems with it. and if you remember me telling you about my friends p220 you will also know why im trying to stray away from pulsars. just rode his bike again last week, and the gears have already started becoming rough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I dont think so.

ZMR has got goodies worth the extra dough. But if i had the money i would go for the R15 instead of the ZMR.

@bivin

If you are don care a damn about FE, power (for the price you pay) and if you really want snob value, looks ; go for the Fazer/FZ. Else the 220. Zma is quite outdated.
thanks for the advice buddy..
as of now, the fazer is on top of my list!! but maybe, if i find it appealing enough, i might get the basic FZ with a daytona race kit.


@all: heard from a local mech that HH has stopped the booking of the ZMR owing to some technical issues... is this true??
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 20:23   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 4,843 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
@all: heard from a local mech that HH has stopped the booking of the ZMR owing to some technical issues... is this true??
well, guys have been trying to buy/book the ZMR but dealers are shying away, hope it points to what you have said,

FZ with a daytona would be cool! but is daytona available?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 21:46   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Hmmm... Not everyone is debating between a Bullet and a Fazer.

How about you wait for the UCE engine clad Standard 350. The price would definitely be higher than 80k.

The FZ series is an easygoing machine, which combines good looks and good city manners.

The UCE engine is a big thumbs up on reliability as compared to the older CI ones.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 08:28   #42
BHPian
 
Rollin' Thunda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: now Hyderabad
Posts: 288
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
Royal Enfield Electra: i just love thumpers, but unfortunately the classic 350/500 are wayy over-budget and the thunderbird doesnt apeal to me, so this is the only one which fits the bill for now.
It is pity that you don't like the Thunderbird. I think it is the ideal bike for a tall person. It is extremely comfortable, and is the only one from the RE stable that has near-zero problems: In my own case: [1 year: 10,000+ km] only trouble: a broken clutch wire and a broken oil seal. And it gives a kmpl of 40+ consistently.

Take a test-drive and decide if you really don't like it.

Last edited by Rollin' Thunda : 8th February 2010 at 08:32.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 11:45   #43
BHPian
 
deepikins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 2 Times
Thumbs up can you wait till march?

March will see the bull std 350 with UCE coming on the streets, if you can wait till then, this would be an ideal bike. my opinion is to wait for the bull as this will have the ideal mix of a cruiser / heavy bike and low maintenance bike. all the best, by the way , when is the birthday?
deepikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 14:40   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
everything is different in fairing, have a close look and come back...... and i will owe you a treat
Ha ha ha!! No no my friend.. You own the bike and have better info. Mine is just by observing them on the road and for about 30 seconds at the showroom when passing by that's it. So will take your word for it!!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 18:43   #45
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
@all: heard from a local mech that HH has stopped the booking of the ZMR owing to some technical issues... is this true??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
well, guys have been trying to buy/book the ZMR but dealers are shying away, hope it points to what you have said,
Thought it is suspicious, quite a few ZMRs have been released across the country, and so far, nobody has reported any problem. I know some guys who are doing extensive touring on ZMR and nobody has reported any problems.

But, Bivin, I asked you to look at the old Karizma-R and not the ZMR. Old Karizma-R is is around 84k onroad, a 20k less than ZMR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
FZ with a daytona would be cool! but is daytona available?
Daytona kits are not for street and are illegal to use on public roads. They are legal only on race circuits.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please suggest a bike! S@ndy Motorbikes 8 20th July 2012 15:45
Please suggest a Comfortable City bike for me Proxima Motorbikes 53 11th March 2010 13:06
Suggest a new 150cc above bike please !! Sabareesh Motorbikes 37 20th March 2009 14:54
Please suggest a new B+ car for me which gives max Lower Back seat support sameer551 Hatchbacks 20 28th November 2007 00:27
Suggest best bike - 125 cc self start ravradha Motorbikes 16 25th June 2007 14:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks