Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th February 2010, 16:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Folks, thanks all for the inputs ! i finally went to the showroom and paid the balance amount of the bike today for the Electra. The registration should get done in the next 2-3 days and i hope to be able to take the thumper home this weekend.

While i was at the showroom, i also saw the new Electra with the Twinspark engine. Its almost the same, except that i spotted the difference in the engine with clear markings of the Twinspark and the silencer barrel, which was distinctly different (and had a steel plate kind of a covering) over and above the silencer barrel.

I guess, finally the heart won over the head and i am all excited like a kid, waiting to ride the bike with my 2 young boys.

While on the topic of a new bike, any suggestions on helmets would be welcome. I am impressed with Shoei.

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath

Vinay By any chance was it your bike in royal enfield showroom, Jaynagar. silver colour electra. Acutally sales man was saying after booking the bike owner has second thoughts. If he cancels the booking then it will be given to next alloted guy. Even i asked whether i can buy it for that he refused. He said he needs to send mail to RE and ask whether he can give it to me. Anyway i still asked for TBTS.

Was in Two minds whether to buy CI electra or wait for Thunderbird. Then heart won over mind and still carrying on. Did i make a correct decision
Endofdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 16:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vinay!! my friend got his Electra delivered on Thu last week. He had actually booked the CL350 but changed his decision to electra as he was not happy with the exhaust note and the engine clatter of CL350
So looks like you have finally made a choice of your heart. Congrats once again.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 04:39   #18
BHPian

By way of an update, egged on by the posts here as well as listening to my heart, i finally picked up the thumper over the weekend. It was truly an amazing experience to buy a bike and own one, after having bought , owned and driven cars over the last 10 years !

The delivery experience itself from the RE Brand Store in Jayanagar (Bangalore) was uneventful but smooth. The ride back home to Jakkur across the other end of town, again was uneventful but i was very very apprehensive, since i was actually riding a bullet for the first time and i could sense the weight of the bike everytime i was moving past slow moving traffic. The ride back was about 30 kms and it was enough for me to sense that this truly is an amazing bike - the ride quality and supreme comfort and stance - and some envious looks !

I would post pictures (i guess as a newbie i still can't ) and give a updated ownership report soon. For now, just wanted to share this news that the Bullet is home and me and my 2 other kids are kicked about the thumper in my stable. As for my wife, while she is happy for me, somewhere deep within, i suspect she is paranoid about my newfound stud and my biking plans on the Indian highways !

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
vinay_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:16   #19
BHPian

congrats Vinay...Driving the electra is sheer pleasure. Though its over 2 months since I got mine, I still look fwd for every moment to drive the thumper out be it for work or for grocery shopping .

Wish you many years of happy riding on this iconic bike
rrahul_2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By way of an update, egged on by the posts here as well as listening to my heart, i finally picked up the thumper over

Vinay Sambaragimath
Congratulations bro!

Pics please! Do be careful while running it in.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I would post pictures (i guess as a newbie i still can't ) and give a updated ownership report soon.
Hey Vinay, Congratulations on your new ride.

Also, you can upload pics despite of being a newbie.

Heres how you can - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

Looking forward to some pics and ride safe.

Mods :- Can we change the title of the thread since the bike has been bought now?

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd February 2010 at 23:09. Reason: Please use Report post to notify mod team. Thanks
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 08:30   #22
BHPian

Great Vinay,
You will the correctness of your decision when you will see UCE bullets on road with no thump and sounds like japanes bikes.
Your is 5S or 4S?

Last edited by (Alok) : 24th February 2010 at 08:32.
(Alok) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 12:22   #23
BHPian

vinay congratulations! Do run her in nicely and ride safe.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 12:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Great Vinay,
Your is 5S or 4S?
Mine is an electra 5S. I believe the 4S was discontinued about 3 years ago. The bike has gearshift on the LHS, unlike the 4S or standard which is on the RHS.

Thanks for your wishes and i am enjoying the biking experience !

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
Old 24th February 2010, 12:42   #25
BHPian

Abhay,Mantrig, Ess, Rahul

Thanks for the congratualtory wishes and i am all excited about owning one of the last classic engines to be produced !

I was told by the dealer to go easy during the first 500 kms and not exceed 50 kmph. I suppose this is what you guys mean when you talk about the running in.

I would post some pictures of the bike shortly !

Cheers
vinay
Old 24th February 2010, 12:49   #26
BHPian

Proud to present my first pictures on the Forum. This was taken on Day 1 and i plan to do a weekend ride this Sunday and i would take some outdoor pictures as well !

Cheers and hope you like the pictures as much as i do like my new love !

Vinay
Attached Images

Old 25th February 2010, 12:11   #27
BHPian

CONGRATS vinay..

i have had an Electra 4S for the past 3 years and have had no problems whatsoever.

FYI,
the 4S was available till recently and not discontinued 3 years ago
rangan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 15:45   #28
BHPian

Hi Vinay. COngrats on your bike. How many Kms done? Any ownership report coming up? It will be interesting to read about the last Bullett electra CI performance.
madhkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 18:07   #29
BHPian

@Vinay,
You have a beauty there my friend. Take good care of her
If I were in your place, would have changed the tail lamp cluster to the old model which came on the Standard 350.

Last edited by jeeva : 13th August 2010 at 18:08.
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 09:10   #30
BHPian

Congrats Vinay, are you planning on changing the silencer to Indori or Goldie?
ricky_1605 is offline   Reply With Quote