Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th April 2015, 18:36   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

I plan to ride this Saturday (can't do a Sunday ride as Sunday's are reserved only for the fam). My choices of destination in order of preference are:

1 - Vani Vilas Sagar (190 kms one way)
2 - Yelagiri Hills (160 kms one way)
3 - Yercaud (220 kms one way).

Plan to leave at 5:00 AM. Do let me know if anyone is keen on joining.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2015, 20:30   #242
BHPian

I was just about to propose for the coming sunday ride, but then saw snehal's proposal for the saturday ride. His plan looks good. So i would like to add another option as well apart from what he has listed. The destination is Avalabetta hill top which is 100 kms one way. We can have it on saturday as part of snehal's plan. If saturday doesn't work out, then sunday is also an option.

Last edited by shan_ned : 20th April 2015 at 20:32.
shan_ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 19:57   #243
BHPian

It looks like the place has been finalised. We are off to Davangere with a deviation at Vani Vilas Sagar (Chitradurga). At Davangere we plan to fill our selfs up on some yummy benne dosas. The distance one way will be around 260-280 kms. Confirmed riders till now: 3 (including me). Let me know if anyone else is keen on joining us.
Old 22nd April 2015, 19:31   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I was just about to propose for the coming sunday ride, but then saw snehal's proposal for the saturday ride.
Hey mate, why don't you join us on the ride this Saturday? Me and a couple of other TBHP/Non TBHP guys plan to leave by around 5 in the morn and be back by afternoon.
Old 23rd April 2015, 19:36   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Hey mate, why don't you join us on the ride this Saturday? Me and a couple of other TBHP/Non TBHP guys plan to leave by around 5 in the morn and be back by afternoon.
Thanks Snehal for the invite. Since i need to be back before 11:00am, i may not be able to join you. I make sure i join you next time. If there is any change in my plan(which i will get to know by tomorrow evening), i will join you for this saturday ride.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 10:02   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Snehal for the invite. Since i need to be back before 11:00am, i may not be able to join you. I make sure i join you next time. If there is any change in my plan(which i will get to know by tomorrow evening), i will join you for this saturday ride.
I was planning on your suggestion to Avalabetta hill top on Sunday the distance and timing suit me fine. Chida has also indicated his willingness to join and Sojogator will confirm by Saturday evening.

Suggest meet up at 6 opposite Esteem mall ride to Avalabetta, and breakfast on the way back at Kamat, Chickbellapur. Should be back by say 9:30 ish. The turn off is 70 kms from Esteem mall as shown in attached map. Has anyone been here before?
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/13...d13.577331!3e0
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 10:35   #247
BHPian

Yes, Leslie, you need to head to Persu and then turn left and after that there are road signs but in Kannada though. The left turn is about 5 kms after the Kamath.

Last edited by killjoy : 24th April 2015 at 10:36.
killjoy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 23:04   #248
BHPian

The ride to Vani Vilas Sagar is on tomorrow(Saturday) morning and we all plan to leave by 5 AM. We were to ride further to Davengere, but that stands cancelled as my co-riders have other commitments and need to be back by 12. As of now there are 3 of us. Suhas, my self and an acquaintance from the Bangalore HD750 whatsapp group. If anyone is interested in joining in the ride, send me a PM please. The meeting point is at the NICE Road - Tumkur road intersection at 5 AM.
Old 25th April 2015, 15:16   #249
BHPian

What started out to be a damp squib in the beginning, turned out to be one “hellava” experience.

Last night I was thinking that the rides a gonner, what with the pitter patter through the night. It stopped raining at around 3 AM and I was keeping my fingers crossed that it remained that way. Left work at 4 AM after messaging both my co-riders that I would meet them at 5 at our rendezvous point. Reached sharp at 5 at the pre planned meeting point when I heard my phone ringing. Suhas on the other end had been frantically calling on my mobile but due to the helmet and the wind howling during the ride I wasn’t able to hear a thing. Answered the phone only to get shocking news that he wouldn’t be able make it for the ride as he had a flat tyre. So now we were only 2 of us and the other gentleman on the Street 750 wasn’t coming back to Bangalore and was riding to Gadag. So I had to ride back all alone was what I was thinking all this time. Met up with my Street buddy at sharp 5 AM and off we rode.

A few minutes into our ride, a fella riding a sports bike waves his hand at us and asks us to stop. We stop and ask him what he wanted and he said that he had read the post on todays’ ride on the Tbhp site and though he was not a member he wanted to know if he could join us. Who were we to say no. Infact the more the merrier. So the three of us rode. Our first stop was to be at Vani Vilas Sagar just before Chitradurga as per my post, but who knew that the roads were this good. This was one of the best roads I had ridden anywhere in the recent past. Apart from one speed breaker at Tumkur, the roads were an absolute revelation to ride on (a special thanks to Barcalad on suggesting this place). Sparse traffic and most of them were truckers. No stray dogs, no bullock carts, no cows on the road, no people walking across the roads. Just plain smooth tarmac. A Harley owners dream this was. Barcalad had sent me directions on how to reach Vani Vilas Sagar, but riding on this stretch didn’t want me to stop. Forget Vani Vilas Sagar was what I was thinking, just ride till the road ends. Had to stop eventually as we reached Chitradurga since we were hungry. Breakfast was at a place called Athithi Hotel just beside the bridge. After breakfast, me and my new found friend on his Kawasaki ZX14R decided that it was eventually time to head back home before the Sun could sap our energy and of we rode into the rising sun.

We never stopped for photos anywhere except at the restaurant. None of us wanted the ride to stop actually and getting off the bike just to take photographs we thought was just a waste of the precious little time we had on our hands to make the most of our ride on this road. The only snap I have is of the three bikes parked at the restaurant. The quality of the picture is pathetic, but this was the only one I was able to take.

Just look at how massive the Kwaker is. Makes our HDs look so puny.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-chitradurga-ride.jpg  

Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2015, 20:09   #250
BHPian

Quote:
What started out to be a damp squib in the beginning, turned out to be one “hellava” experience.
Nice one Snehal! Having woken up and geared up early, it was frustrating to realize I had a flat tyre! Nevertheless, glad to know you had a nice ride.

Let's ride soon to compensate for today!
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2015, 21:54   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Anytime, Chief!

I'm glad your ride and experience turned out exactly the way I wished it would for you. One beautiful road, that!

May I say that you're extremely lucky to ride with the breeze and the exhaust notes of a Street and Kwacker hitting your ears! The ZX-14R is a mammoth, in every aspect. I'm so glad to have ridden one to my exhaustion limits and dream of owning this animal someday!
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 09:02   #252
Senior - BHPian

Any big bikes gang out on a ride on NH48?
I spotted 2 Triumph Tigers, an R1, a Bonneville, a Kawasaki Z and a couple of Harleys and Street Triples all blasting away towards Bangalore. The sound of the machines on full throttle gave me goosebumps!!
schakravarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 11:36   #253
Senior - BHPian

Had a great ride with 4 BHPians to Avalabetta hill top. Sojogator, Chida, Added_flavour, Ned Shan and self with wife as pillion. The NH was one way just near the Left turn so we overshot it and had to take a U turn to get back our way. So this minor hiccup aside we reached the top. The 2 lane roads were fair to good and the weather just superb after the rains last evening. Incidentally the altitude of the "hill" is just a 100 meters more than Bangalore. Nice views and no crowd at all when we reached.Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-p1040158.jpgA pic for the record - at Avalabetta.

Breakfast at Kamat where we were treated to a bunch of superbike guys who put on a show for the gathered junta, burnouts, stoppies etc. They left soon after us and actually traveled with us for 5 -6 km before buzzing off. I was extremely wary of them and gave them a wide berth.

Coming back we took a left at Devanahalli and came through Hoskote. Great decision the roads were good and the curves towards the end were few but delightful. A little less traffic and it would have been superb.

Surprisingly KR Puram market and tin factory were a breeze to drive through.
goandude is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 11:40   #254
BHPian

Had a memorable ride to Avalabetta hill top with fellow t-bhpians. Thanks to goandude, chida, sojogator and Added_flavor. All the riders made sure not to loose the visual contact with others and it was a well disciplined team ride. Sojogator was leading us in the front and Added_flavor made sure we got to the correct route. Hope my fellow riders attach some good looking photos here.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150426_080744.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150426_080510.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150426_080646.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150426_080346.jpg  

shan_ned is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 13:17   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
The NH was one way just near the Left turn so we overshot it and had to take a U turn to get back our way..
I think man-of-the-ride today should go to Sojo! With the Z finishing it's run-in, there was no stopping him. When the above incident happened and we were pondering and fiddling with maps, Sojo had rocketed to Hyderabad and finished his biriyani.

Oh and the hum from the Z while engine braking downhill was sweet sweet music! Great bike you got there bro!

Quote:
Had a memorable ride to Avalabetta hill top with fellow t-bhpians. Thanks to goandude, chida, sojogator and Added_flavor.
It was a pleasure meeting and riding with you buddy! Hope to see you in many more rides in the future! Cheers.
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote