Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 27th March 2010, 16:07   #16
BHPian

Jingaboysr,

Sorry for the late confirmation, but I am in for tomorrow. I was looking at the map and here is what we can do:

Take the Doddaballapur road to NH207, which takes you to Chikkaballapur, from there we can come back on Bellary Rd/NH7. Open to other options.

So, the plan is to leave from after Hebbal flyover (service road opposite to Esteem Mall) at 6:30AM. Let me know if this works for you.

Anyone else joining us - so far it is just the two of us!
Attached Images

gbanavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:53   #17
BHPian

Default Trip report - Sunday March 28

It was already bright at 6:45 AM, but the air was cool and there was a light wind blowing. Rushi in his mint CI500 and Vimal in his newly done up 1978 Classis 350 and of course myself in the LB500 started off from the Hebbal flyover.

Our bikes gleamed in the early morning sunshine and we rode at a steady pace north on Bellary Rd. It looks like in no time we reached Chikkaballapur and we headed straight to a restuarant I had been before when we did the Avalakonda annual jeeping otr back in January.

We talked about how we got into biking, mods, mechanics etc. etc. Rishi has a wonderful CI500 on which he has longer front forks and a lightiing handlebar. His seats are comfy and really good on long rides.

Vimal has recently done up his 1978 RE into a C350 look alike and let me tell you, it looks really nice. I would say better than the new Classic.

After breakfast we headed on a country road towards Nandi Hills. We were right at the foothills and could not resist going up the curves. So we did. It was just great to see a few cyclists going up the slopes, other bikers and a few who had walked up the hill on foot.

We took a few pictures and came back down again. The country road was narrow, but cool due to shades from the trees and wonderful sights of hay and cattle. Not to mention the quite and serenity of the surroundings. We could only hear the thump of our bikes and its reverberation in our hearts. Rishi and Vimal exchanged bikes and tried out the other's steeds.

We rode upto Doddaballapur and took the Doddaballapur road back to Yelahanka. On the way Rishi and I switched our bikes for a little bit. I have to tell you, riding the CI500 was a totally different experience since I had not ridden one before. I loved it, but I still love my LB500 for its power and agility.

We exchanged goodbyes and rode on home.

L2R Rishi, Ganesh & Vimal at Nandi Hills
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-copy-p1011505.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-copy-p1011506.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-copy-p1011502.jpg  

Old 5th April 2010, 10:38   #18
BHPian

Wow, amazing travelogue ganesh!! And thanks for the compliments

So did you do any ride this weekend?
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 08:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
So did you do any ride this weekend?
@Jingaboysr: No rides this past Sunday, however, I went on an OTR in my Jeep, with my kids

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post1820828 (OTR Report: Half Day @ Bidaraguppe (Off Sarjapur Road))

Mods: Please remove the date "- March 14th" from the title, we will keep this as an active "Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides" thread for impromptu rides by a small group of bikers.

Last edited by gbanavar : 6th April 2010 at 08:15.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
@Jingaboysr: No rides this past Sunday, however, I went on an OTR in my Jeep, with my kids

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post1820828 (OTR Report: Half Day @ Bidaraguppe (Off Sarjapur Road))

Mods: Please remove the date "- March 14th" from the title, we will keep this as an active "Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides" thread for impromptu rides by a small group of bikers.
Nice stuff. Let me know if you're doing another ride and I'll try and join you guys, albeit the fact that I ride a Yezdi rather than a Bullet

Cheers

Rahul
RT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 15:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
I ride a Yezdi rather than a Bullet
@ RT13: You are welcome to join us.. if you let me test drive your Yezdi

I was thinking that this time we can try riding towards Kolar/Hoskote - I have heard that the Kolar road is real good.

Below is a google map that shows a small loop that can be done in 2 Hrs + .5 Hrs breakfast. Hebbal -> Hoskote -> Devanahalli -> Hebbal
or we can drive all the way upto Kolar and drive back.

Please let me know who is available this Sunday. I am doing some work on my bike and will let you know by Sat if I can make it.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-hebbalhoskotedevanahalli.png  

Last edited by gbanavar : 8th April 2010 at 15:05.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:31   #22
BHPian

Default Maddur

well , hope atleast this sunday i am able to ride. I am planning to ride to maddur this sunday. anybody else have an idea of joining?
huwaeiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 16:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
@ RT13: You are welcome to join us.. if you let me test drive your Yezdi

I was thinking that this time we can try riding towards Kolar/Hoskote - I have heard that the Kolar road is real good.

Below is a google map that shows a small loop that can be done in 2 Hrs + .5 Hrs breakfast. Hebbal -> Hoskote -> Devanahalli -> Hebbal
or we can drive all the way upto Kolar and drive back.

Please let me know who is available this Sunday. I am doing some work on my bike and will let you know by Sat if I can make it.
Haha! Well, she's a little fussy about who rides her but if you talk to her beforehand she might make an exception :P

Will see if I can make it. Not sure though.

Btw, isn't it pretty blistering hot these days?! What sort of time are you targeting?
RT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 19:20   #24
RVD
BHPian

Am travelling this weekend , otherwise would have loved to join.

Regards

Rahul
RVD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 20:37   #25
BHPian

Guys,

I was not able to get everything I wanted done to my Bike today and hence will not be able to go on a ride tomorrow. We will plan better and coordinate for a ride for next weeked.

Until then,
Old 10th April 2010, 21:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

I should be able to join in for the next ride. I finally bolted the oil cooler on.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 10:28   #27
BHPian

I am also out of town, so can't make it this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
I should be able to join in for the next ride. I finally bolted the oil cooler on.

Cheers,

Jay

WOW, an oil cooler in your LB500 ? That sounds interesting. Do you have a thread/pics posted about it? i remember a guy called Mandeep who did it to his 535, in some other forum though.
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 17:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Hi Jay,

That is cool! You need to give a detailed report on the oil cooler. How are you going to measure the improvement in temp? I would like to check it out.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I am also out of town, so can't make it this weekend

WOW, an oil cooler in your LB500 ? That sounds interesting. Do you have a thread/pics posted about it? i remember a guy called Mandeep who did it to his 535, in some other forum though.
Pictures will come shortly. TDC from Mumbai has already fitted a Pulsar 200s cooler onto his LB500. So, I'm definitely not the first to go this route. I'l snap a few pictures soon. You might be able to buy a liquid based oil cooler(LBOC) for your STD500 soon right here in India. It is being developed but the project is pretty challenging. So, it might take a couple of months before it will be ready for testing.

Quote:
Hi Jay,

That is cool! You need to give a detailed report on the oil cooler. How are you going to measure the improvement in temp? I would like to check it out.
Detailed report plus how to fit: Anytime sir. About measuring the temperature, I need a thermal gun, which I don't happen to have here in BLR. Chinmay has already tested the cooler on Rakesh's LB500(same set up as my LB500, down to the oil in the sump) and the detailed results are documented on the blog. The cooler is doing it's job pretty well with the temperature reductions surpassing our expectations. So, I'm not testing the cooler's efficiency as of now but I will definitely do so in the future if I do manage to find a thermal gun.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 11th April 2010 at 23:11.
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 12:01   #30
RVD
BHPian

Hey all, Any plans for the ride this weekend ? Hopefully, if we plan well in advance, we can expect good numbers. Also, what about a ride towards maddur ? We could leave by say 5:30, ride till maddur, have breakfast along the way at KAMAT and come back. This way, we will get a chance to ride on NICE road at least one way and those who are interested in checking their bike's performance will get wide empty roads to do so.

Regards

Rahul
RVD is online now   Reply With Quote