Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th May 2015, 22:03   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Meeting Point is nice road kanakapura road juction at 0630 AM ! Anyone interested can join in.
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 20:22   #287
BHPian

Don't have a thread of my own and couldn't quite find an apt thread to post this, thus mentioning it here.

I'm relocating to Kolkata, as I've got a can't-say-no-offer from a MNC there. My 5 year tenure in Bangalore is now coming to an end.

Probably the thing I'll miss the most would be riding in and around Bangalore. 14k on the odo and I've never let even a scratch come on her, considering this is my 1st bike. I've explored a lot with her and she has never disappointed me.

For those of you who are too lazy to ride on weekends, please make an effort to do so. You're missing out on something big. The feeling you get when you open your helmet visor in one of those countless countryside roads to feel the breeze can't be explained in words.

Nevertheless, I'll be ever active on this forum. Will be gladly helping those looking for destinations as well as those having queries on the KTM 390 Duke.
For all my fellow riders, keep riding on and keep the rubber burning. I'll always be willing to be your live navigator. Heh! Perhaps the only thing missing will be the tallest dude you know riding a D390.

I'm not going away from this beautiful city forever. I'll be coming at times, as I have a lot of things here to attend to. And whenever I do, you guys will be the first to know!

A very special mention to sammyboy and Snehal Sekhar, for being co-riders from heaven. For showing unparalleled trust in me while riding in all kinds of roads and terrain and for always allowing me to make our collective unanimous decisions.

A shoutout to man_of_steel, who was my buddy even before I got the bike and helped me a lot in solving my queries on the bike, as well as being a fantastic wingman during our rides. Respect and a big biker hug to killjoy, Added_Flavour, Neil.Jericho, AnkurS, Sojogator, Chida and ShaikhImran too.

Do keep the biking spirit, the passion and this thread alive.
Ride safe.
Cheers, boys!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc02810.jpg  

Last edited by barcalad : 10th May 2015 at 20:42.
barcalad is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 23:52   #288
BHPian

Congratulations and wishes for a successful future.

Sadly we rode just a one time but it turned out to be good fun ! Never ever maybe will I be lubing my Z in front of a MacD while it was being held up a fellow rider, a big fellow rider

Have a blast of a time in Cal ! You will surely get to have the Cal styled biriyani .

Would surely come back to you while planning on the trips and get those valuable advices from you

Keep riding. Keep Safe. Don't keep growing anymore though
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 23:59   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Congratulations and wishes for a successful future.

Sadly we rode just a one time but it turned out to be good fun ! Never ever maybe will I be lubing my Z in front of a MacD while it was being held up a fellow rider, a big fellow rider

Have a blast of a time in Cal ! You will surely get to have the Cal styled biriyani .

Would surely come back to you while planning on the trips and get those valuable advices from you

Keep riding. Keep Safe. Don't keep growing anymore though
Indeed, Sojo! The lubing episode turned out to be one amazing piece of memory. You'll probably remember it everytime you travel to Mysore.

For sure. In case you can't reach me on my phone, you know my email ID. I'll reply to you (or any biking enthusiast for that matter) even if I'm walking a female home after a date.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 18:36   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
I'm relocating to Kolkata, as I've got a can't-say-no-offer from a MNC there. My 5 year tenure in Bangalore is now coming to an end.
Big Man, it was a pleasure riding with you. My weekend rides were always fun and exciting when you were the pilot, because I never knew where you would lead us and what roads you would take. Everything was a suspense till the last minute and that was the best part. Getting another riding partner like you is going to be difficult and that's a big void (pun intended!) to fill. I was so looking forward to our ride to Pondicherry-Chennai this month end, but it looks like me and the Red Baron will have to ride alone now.
Anyway, best of luck buddy for your future and enjoy your time in Calcutta. Do let me know when you are coming to Bangalore next so we could plan a ride.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 01:36   #291
BHPian

All the best man and keep riding like you do!!
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 11:16   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Don't have a thread of my own and couldn't quite find an apt thread to post this, thus mentioning it here.

Dear Barcalad,

If you are going for a ride this weekend let me know (still noob here), would love to join you for a weekend ride, and all the best for your move to Kolkata.

Regards,
Veera
veerameti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 15:56   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Big Man, it was a pleasure riding with you. My weekend rides were always fun and exciting when you were the pilot, because I never knew where you would lead us and what roads you would take. Everything was a suspense till the last minute and that was the best part. Getting another riding partner like you is going to be difficult and that's a big void (pun intended!) to fill. I was so looking forward to our ride to Pondicherry-Chennai this month end, but it looks like me and the Red Baron will have to ride alone now.
Anyway, best of luck buddy for your future and enjoy your time in Calcutta. Do let me know when you are coming to Bangalore next so we could plan a ride.
For sure, chief. Was always a pleasure and honour riding with you. I myself didn't things to happen so fast. It all happened in a flash.
I'll surely let you know as soon as I make a plan to come down here. Can't live without riding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
All the best man and keep riding like you do!!
Thanks, mate. Hopefully the drive will continue eternally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
Dear Barcalad,

If you are going for a ride this weekend let me know (still noob here), would love to join you for a weekend ride, and all the best for your move to Kolkata.

Regards,
Veera
Sure, man. I'll ping you if something comes up.
Old 12th May 2015, 18:49   #294
BHPian

After much searching for someone to ride with and almost deciding on riding solo, got a great riding buddy, a few hours before the end of saturday night, in Santosh on D390. Route would be Bangalore-Kanakapura-Anchetty-Hosur-Bangalore

We aimed to start at 0630 to try our luck with Masala Dosa @ Vasu's hotel, which is supposedly not served before 0730, but they do not till 0800 so we did with some well done Idlis and Vadas along with chutneys.

Weather gods were on our side as there was hardly any sun shine throughout. Neither was there any rain. Cloudy weather was great for the ride through the blissful meandering well laid out tarmac. The way through the forest was pretty humid though.

Both of tackled the curves with great joy and stopped quite a few times for photos. Saw a huge group of super bikes with mostly Harleys thundering through a small village and many other riders but all on the other side of the road.

4 and half hours later we were back after some quick runs from Hosur till electronic city.
Great ride. Great food. Great weather. Great roads.Great way to mark the end of break in for the Roadbuster

To the next one !

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag1375.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag1382.jpg

Last edited by Sojogator : 12th May 2015 at 18:56.
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 19:19   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Route would be Bangalore-Kanakapura-Anchetty-Hosur-Bangalore
Saw a huge group of super bikes with mostly Harleys thundering through a small village and many other riders but all on the other side of the road.
That is a pretty scenic route and there are plenty of places to do a bit of "off roading" as well on this route.
The group that you all saw was the "Legendary Legion of Bikers". This is a Harley Group that usually go on their group rides on the first Sunday of the month.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 12:14   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ride safe.
Cheers, boys!
Ayush, its really sad to see you move out of Bangalore. I really enjoyed riding with you because all I had to do was to get my bike . Never had to worry about where we would go, what route, which road, what speed, it was all a completely telepathic connection.

Will miss riding with you man, do stay in touch and we will ride again

Look forward to seeing offbeat routes from Kol being posted soon.

All the very best for your career too. Keep rocking dude.
sammyboy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 13:59   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Ayush, its really sad to see you move out of Bangalore. I really enjoyed riding with you because all I had to do was to get my bike . Never had to worry about where we would go, what route, which road, what speed, it was all a completely telepathic connection.

Will miss riding with you man, do stay in touch and we will ride again

Look forward to seeing offbeat routes from Kol being posted soon.

All the very best for your career too. Keep rocking dude.
Always, Samarth. That was something which would've been never possible if not for your flawless co-operation. That's something very rare and golden.

Shall do. Rides might cut down in Kol as I'm working on Saturdays too. But then, you know me. I'm the kind who used to ride to KIAL at 1 in the morning for coffee and then home. Sometimes alone.

Will be posting it here if something comes up. As for you, stop being lazy and start riding on every weekend It's one helluva stressbuster!
Old 13th May 2015, 18:06   #298
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:

I'm not going away from this beautiful city forever. I'll be coming at times, as I have a lot of things here to attend to. And whenever I do, you guys will be the first to know!

A shoutout to man_of_steel, who was my buddy even before I got the bike and helped me a lot in solving my queries on the bike, as well as being a fantastic wingman during our rides. Respect and a big biker hug to killjoy, Added_Flavour, Neil.Jericho, AnkurS, Sojogator, Chida and ShaikhImran too.

Ride safe.
Cheers, boys!
Hey Ayush, All the Very Best Buddy!!!

I know we did only one ride together, but it has been fun. I am sure there are lots of places to see around Kolkata as well. Keep us posted with your rides there!!!
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 11:10   #299
Senior - BHPian

Planning a ride on Saturday the 16th to DD hills. Meeting point NICE road Tumkur road junction at 0600 h. 70 odd kms from Bangalore, approx 4 hours including breakfast stop. So far Added_flavour, Sojogator, Sammyboy and Chida have confirmed. Anyone else joining, welcome.

barcalad - have a great time in Cal. Sad I didn't get to ride with you.

Last edited by goandude : 14th May 2015 at 11:12.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 18:02   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
So far Added_flavour, Sojogator, Sammyboy and Chida have confirmed. Anyone else joining, welcome.
Count me in too.

@barcalad. All the best for your mighty endeavors bro! You are now just a stone throw away from the seven sisters! Have a blast!
man_of_steel is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote