Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 19th June 2015, 21:29   #361
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Tomorrow ride to DD hills. 6 am meet up at Tumkur Rd - NICE junction. Breakfast at Kamat and back.
Thats is quite precise @goandude

6 riders till now.

Anyone interested could PM me.
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 13:09   #362
BHPian

Woke up at 3:30 am & informed everyone that I won't be joining for the DD hills ride as I felt so tired. At 5:30 am, I put on my riding gear & left for the rendezvous point !
Found Neil on the way & decided to bug him as I know he rides safe & allows you a pass. He had no idea it was me, so chased him close a few times & then backed off. I had a laugh when after allowing me several attempts to pass, he finally decided to pull away & maintain a safe distance.
At the meeting point, was glad to see Added Flavour after a long time on his beautiful red machine & jibed with Neil. Sojo mercifully did not get his green monster & had come on his r15. I thought it meant that finally me & Sojo will get ride together. How wrong I was!!
Basically you can get him off the SBK but not the SBK off him!
Goan dude & Sammy on their green Kawasakis met me warmly & I am sure I would want to ride with them again.
After allowing the SBKs to pass (along with Sojo), I judiciously followed my reliable Nolan marker on the Tumkur highway towards DD hills.
However I got boxed in a couple of times and got separated. Neil & me regrouped but took an alternate route to DD hills . Long winding country roads greeted us passing through small hamlets with sleepy kids excitedly waving at the yellow GT. With a bit of offroading and
after some confusion again at the destination due to lack of connectivity, we all regrouped at the peak of DD hills.
Clicked some pics but missed talented Chida & his camera sorely. Here I must say that I have gone bonkers over the Ninja 650. My initial perspective of dismissing it off as a sportsbike due to its dynamic looks changed dramatically when I saw its strong touring credentials. The upright seating position, comfortable saddle, adjustable windshield & high cruising speeds have got me really interested. Thanks Goan dude for that. Now only if I had some greenbacks lying around ! Sigh!
On the way back, saw Sammy boy's envious leaning skills on the winding roads. We stopped for a break at Kamat. The boys had breakfast & then we took off .
My bike started telling me I was low on fuel (which turned out to be false alarm) and I eased off the throttle to nurse it back to Bangalore, wary to fill up at unknown fuel pumps lining the highway.
My fellow riders were patiently waiting for me outside Bangalore & we parted with a wave. Fuelled up & returned home, fresh & reinvigorated from a wonderful ride which I had nearly missed in the first place.
P.S: I didn't get good pics due to a cloudy sky but I am sure my fellow riders will post the ride pics soon.

Last edited by shaikhmimran : 20th June 2015 at 13:15.
shaikhmimran is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 16:08   #363
BHPian

Great weather again as we rode to DD hills, second time in a couple of months.
All the colors were there, with us and around us. Red, Green, Blue and Yellow !

Great fun on the R15, keeping her on the edge almost all the time and tackling those curves was great fun, especially doing so after quite some time.

The chat, when we awaited the REs and phone signal, was , especially the Aunty scooty thing !

The littered plastic cup to hold the, sadly and mysteriously broken back right indicator of the 650, was the moment of the ride for me.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc0761011.jpg

More photos ! (Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in)

Last edited by Sojogator : 20th June 2015 at 16:12.
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 19:23   #364
Senior - BHPian

Another lovely morning ride with Team-bhp. Great weather, great company and a fab destination. Imran that was a neat write up and am glad the 650 tickled your imagination. First ride with you and looking for some more.
Apologies for being late in the morning, pure miscalculation on my part and then some wrong turns on the way. Sammy we need to leave earlier esp if you have to fill up in the morning.
Mysteriously my Rt rear indicator broke and my efforts to support it till we reached back, with a plastic glass, were greeted with some guffaws from the rest. Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150620_073312.jpg
Sojo was like playing around with his R15 and really fast on the bends. The bike looked puny under his frame. Some pics.Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150620_190448.jpgRainbow colors
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150620_081930_1.jpgFrantically trying to get some signal to contact the other two riders who went another wayBangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150620_072520_1.jpg
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 19:55   #365
BHPian

Beautiful lineup of bikes there. Sad I couldn't be a part of today's ride. I ride every alternate weekends and the weekends that I don't ride you guys go to all these wonderful places.
I now need to decide on an equally good place to ride to next Sunday and Horsley hills happens to be on top of my mind.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 20:00   #366
BHPian

Great pics & nice write ups by Goan Dude & Sojogator. Please do not be sorry about the delay. It happens & traffic was quite unpredictable. Thank you for the pics to both of you!
shaikhmimran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 23:19   #367
BHPian

The hot streak continues with yet another top notch weekend ride. This time we had a very eclectic mix of steeds that just served to highlight the diversity of our group that is brought together as one by the spirit of riding. The weather today was a simple yet effective reminder of why so many of us love this city. While we stared at the ominously overcast grey sky in the morning, the Benelli 600s which rode past certainly diverted our minds to the wonders of an inline 4 engine. To yang that yin, we had a big group of Duke and Pulsar riders that were riding so quickly and so close to each other that I thought they were practicing for a potential upcoming Bangalore MotoGP.

The greenery that surrounded us as we made our way to our destination and the lovely chill in the air added to the whole experience though a steaming cup of tea wouldve helped once we reached. Im sure our resident photographer would've wanted us to stop every few kms to capture the bikes in all their glory with the backdrop of a very green mother nature but unfortunately he had to sit this one out. Imran and I took the scenic route from Dabaspete to Urdigere and then to DD hills after we lost track of the group and except for the last part, it was a lovely stretch of road. Just the sort of experience you look forward to on a weekend ride.

On our return I thoroughly enjoyed the group ride through the gently winding S bends that were flanked on either side by trees in so many different shades of green that I just wanted to just stop and soak it in for some time. I honestly wish I had the skills to explain how mesmerizing that stretch was for me. It was one of the rare occasions that I wished I was recording our rides with a GoPro.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-2015620095247-medium.jpg

Every weekend invariably ends up adding a new dimension to our rides and we have a rotating group of riders as well. What remains constant though is that irrespective of the riders, bikes or the destination, we all end up having a good time. Sensible riding accompanied by great conversations and good laughs are guaranteed. Just the formula to ensure that we all keep coming back for more every weekend.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 20th June 2015 at 23:22.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 00:55   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
.. It was one of the rare occasions that I wished I was recording our rides with a GoPro..
Since you say GoPro, from our last ride, done by @hifisharu on an action camera.
Similar weather. Same route.

Old 22nd June 2015, 12:25   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Woke up at 3:30 am & informed everyone that I won't be joining for the DD hills ride as I felt so tired. At 5:30 am, I put on my riding gear & left for the rendezvous point !

Clicked some pics but missed talented Chida & his camera sorely.
That’s what we are…Crazy bikers!!!

We need some excuse to go on a ride. Wish I could have joined you guys, next weekend may be, hopefully I will be in better shape.

btw, thanks for calling me the TALENTED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
At the meeting point, was glad to see Added Flavour after a long time on his beautiful red machine & jibed with Neil. Sojo mercifully did not get his green monster & had come on his r15. I thought it meant that finally me & Sojo will get ride together. How wrong I was!!

Basically you can get him off the SBK but not the SBK off him!

On the way back, saw Sammy boy's envious leaning skills on the winding roads.
Time to take some classes from Sojo & Sammyboy, need to use my R15 better; as added_flavor says "it is not the bike which is slow it is the rider" looks like he is right after all.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th June 2015 at 07:29. Reason: Smileys need to restricted to 2 per post, so extra smiley has been deleted.
Chida is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 02:11   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
On my end, I might uncover my prized possession around October or so, and Urban_Nomad looks all set to be my new riding partner. The show must always go on, I reckon.
I was wondering how you would survive without your bike for so long when you said that you wouldn't be riding for a year and that your bike would be in Delhi for sometime. There is no way that anyone can tie you down to a non biker's life is there? Anyway, October is not too far off and I presume the weather in Kolkatta should be good as well during that time. Can we expect a new thread now "Kolkatta - Sunday Morning Short Rides"?
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 07:06   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
I was wondering how you would survive without your bike for so long when you said that you wouldn't be riding for a year and that your bike would be in Delhi for sometime. There is no way that anyone can tie you down to a non biker's life is there? Anyway, October is not too far off and I presume the weather in Kolkatta should be good as well during that time. Can we expect a new thread now "Kolkatta - Sunday Morning Short Rides"?
I will be travelling to Delhi either in Aug or Oct. Thats when I'll be doing the ride there. I dare not take my bike out on Kolkata roads. Plus, there's a near extinct biking scene here.

Well, actually it'll be something like "NCR - Weekend short rides".
Statistically, most of our rides back in Bangalore happened on Saturdays rather than Sundays, including the big ones.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:18   #372
BHPian

dude, I have a lot of biking friends in Kolkatta, let me know if you want me to hook you up.
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2015, 02:05   #373
BHPian

Happening again this Sunday morning !

Route :
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/12...620325!1m0!3e0

Meeting Point : ITI gate entrance, just after KR Puram bridge

Meeting time : 0600 AM, sharp on Sunday, the 28th June !

Breakfast Planned at Indian Paratha Company but might be subjected to change as per situation.

Around 10 riders up for this one till now. Anyone interested can PM me.
Old 28th June 2015, 20:55   #374
BHPian

Did this ride happen?
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 12:52   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Did this ride happen?
You bet it did

Updates from me are http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...-coming-7.html (Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in)

Good fun going around Bangalore from one direction. The good number of steeds, all kinds of roads and weather playing possum added to the variety of this ride.

Last edited by Sojogator : 29th June 2015 at 12:58.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote