Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th November 2010, 20:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Exhaust Note :
I till now did not have a single problem except for the rusted silencer, which one day fell off on the road.
Does your bike has a tacho? it might be good idea to idle the bike for a minute after you start and see if it continues to behave erratically.
My relationship started on 9-Feb-2009

1. !!!!!! Fell Off? Luckily things look good on my piece. There is slight rusting on the cable holders in the front (the metal clamps that bunch the cables close to the frame), will have them replaced.

2. Yes it has a tacho. Actually the behavior is reliable and predictable. it is just the speeds are achieved at a higher RPM and loss of mileage and perceived loss of power. And... in general the noisy feel of the bike.

3. Yes I will get the valves and the timing chain checked. Now, the more I think of it, more I feel the timing chain would be the issue.

Will update with details tomorrow evening.

Renu Kumar makes us Gladi owners feel soooooo prroouud!

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 15th November 2010 at 20:42.
Exhaust_Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 15:15   #17
BHPian

Did not get time to visit the mechanic. But fuel was very low and tanked up with Shell regular. Power issues seems to have vanished, both at high and low RPMs. Last 2 days have been clocking 70 at 5.5 K RPM as before. Still, after 60 there are vibrations in the frame (can feel it in the foot peg, not the seat). Maybe I should get the SparkPlug Gap checked? - Exhaust_Note
Exhaust_Note is offline   Reply With Quote