Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 19th November 2010, 14:14   #166
BHPian

Hi balenopower,

Just writing in to put in a big thank you to you for this thread. I appreciate the effort that must have gone into this and the invaluable assistance it provides to prospective buyers.

I picked up a Ninja yesterday, and this thread & aditya's thread were a massive help in the 3 days (and nights) that I spent between first laying eyes on her and taking delivery late in the evening yesterday.

Cheers,
Brocklock
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:47   #167
BHPian

Glad to be of assistance mate.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:24   #168
BHPian

Hi balenopower, Just got a look at your Ninja's picture. Awesome is not the word.
Black looks great and that personal touch is what i am talking about. The rim strips and the sliders. Great taste you got there.
Cheers to it.
Hope to see more photos.
Whats the purpose of those stomp grips? Why didn't you consider plain ones than this one? its also got some name on it.

Can you post some pictures of it in day light.
What about dust getting accumulated on the sides of the transparent grip and difficulty in cleaning and making the bike look old. (My doubts)
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:51   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Whats the purpose of those stomp grips?
Owing to the riding posture in an SBK, one tends to (or has to) grip the sides of the tank with the knees. Stomp grips provide better "traction" / provides better grip on the bike's tank.

Taken from here - stomp grip makes gripping your ride incredibly easy, and therefore requires less energy to hold on to the bike.

See this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...pictorial.html
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:10   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Hi balenopower, Just got a look at your Ninja's picture. Awesome is not the word.
Black looks great and that personal touch is what i am talking about. The rim strips and the sliders. Great taste you got there.
Cheers to it.
Hope to see more photos.
Whats the purpose of those stomp grips? Why didn't you consider plain ones than this one? its also got some name on it.

Can you post some pictures of it in day light.
What about dust getting accumulated on the sides of the transparent grip and difficulty in cleaning and making the bike look old. (My doubts)
Hey Visaster..thanks for the kind words. Like Aditya said, it helps greatly when your gripping the tank under hard braking or cornering. There was also the issue of colour fade since the seams of the jeans would rub against the tank which has been taken care of by the stomp grips. Yes there is a slight issue of dust accumulating around the stomp grips, but it is to such a small extent that it can barely be seen. Yes need to put up some daylight pics..shall put it up soon.

Last edited by balenopower : 23rd November 2010 at 16:12.
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:45   #171
Senior - BHPian

I ordered my frame sliders from Bachoo Motors (Mumbai). Got it fixed a few weeks back at the Bajaj service center.

They had already fixed a couple of sliders earlier so it was a quick job.

Only doubt i have is that my sliders have no engine mounting bolt while another rider in our group mentioned that to get the sliders on his bike, the service technician had to support the engine using a jack, in order to fit the engine mounting bolt.

Both of us have the Puig Frame sliders and i confirmed with the seller as well and there is only one model from Puig.

Could you please confirm if you had to jack up the engine and if an engine mounting bolt was present?

My package did not have an engine mounting bolt and the installation diagram did not say so either. The sliders are a bolt-on fit on the frame.

Edit - which rim tapes do you have on your bike? Mine are from a local sticker shop and hence color difference exists. Planning to strip it off and get the Keiti rim tapes in the ninja green color.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd November 2010 at 17:47.
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:55   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I ordered my frame sliders from Bachoo Motors (Mumbai). Got it fixed a few weeks back at the Bajaj service center.

They had already fixed a couple of sliders earlier so it was a quick job.

Only doubt i have is that my sliders have no engine mounting bolt while another rider in our group mentioned that to get the sliders on his bike, the service technician had to support the engine using a jack, in order to fit the engine mounting bolt.

Both of us have the Puig Frame sliders and i confirmed with the seller as well and there is only one model from Puig.

Could you please confirm if you had to jack up the engine and if an engine mounting bolt was present?

My package did not have an engine mounting bolt and the installation diagram did not say so either. The sliders are a bolt-on fit on the frame.

Edit - which rim tapes do you have on your bike? Mine are from a local sticker shop and hence color difference exists. Planning to strip it off and get the Keiti rim tapes in the ninja green color.
shux i have absolutely no remembrance of him having to jack up the engine.
i ordered my rim tapes off ebay.co.uk since i could not get the ninja green anywhere locally.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:54   #173
BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience

Here are some pics at our usual hangout
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-1.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-2.jpg  

Old 7th January 2011, 16:51   #174
BHPian

She looks absolutely stunning, buddy...

Tell me, where did you get your rear seat cowl, and was it any trouble to put it on? Mine just will not fit in place properly...

EDIT: Also, where did you get hold of the Stomp grips? I've now spent a month and a half looking for those but nobody seems to have them!

Last edited by Brocklock : 7th January 2011 at 16:53.
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 18:03   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
She looks absolutely stunning, buddy...

Tell me, where did you get your rear seat cowl, and was it any trouble to put it on? Mine just will not fit in place properly...

EDIT: Also, where did you get hold of the Stomp grips? I've now spent a month and a half looking for those but nobody seems to have them!

Got the seat cowl from pro biking showroom itself and its fits to the tee with no problems whatsoever. Check the rubber fittings. if they are in place or if one of them is missing.

Stomp grips were ordered from Ebay.co.uk. If you dont find one specific for the 250R, u can buy the universal ones.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:37   #176
BHPian

just did a ride to igatpuri and back. Fabulous roads with long sweeping corners meant the Ninja was perfectly at home. here are a few pics.
Attached Images

Old 8th February 2011, 17:42   #177
Senior - BHPian

Can't wait to go here .
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 20:08   #178
BHPian

Update..Finally gone full synthetic with Motul and got myself a Simota airfilter as well
Attached Images

Old 16th April 2011, 21:17   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Update..Finally gone full synthetic with Motul and got myself a Simota airfilter as well
Any marked difference with the fully synth oil? I've heard mixed reviews from ninja owners so currently i am just running with semi-synth oil from Motul.
Old 16th April 2011, 21:35   #180
Senior - BHPian

balenopower
In the first picture all the bikers are driving dangerously in the wrong side!
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote