Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th March 2012, 14:13   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience

What treatments did the bikes undergo? I'm guessing the usual wash and wax but since you mentioned spa, it must be something more special?

P.S. That Honda CB looks nice. Could you share more info on that bike? Is it a 400?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 15:25   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
What treatments did the bikes undergo? I'm guessing the usual wash and wax but since you mentioned spa, it must be something more special?

P.S. That Honda CB looks nice. Could you share more info on that bike? Is it a 400?
in addition to the wash n wax, it also included special polish for the matt plastics and a special alloy wheel treatment got rid of the grime on it.

the CB is a 2001 CB 400, belongs to a t-bhp member Chintan15. Beautiful beautiful bike.
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 16:17   #213
BHPian

Had a brilliant ride last sunday to amby valley. Here are some pics from the Gopro on my helmet and the vid

Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-lonav4.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-lonav8.jpg  

Attached Images

balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:12   #214
BHPian

Nice video buddy. Very evident that you folks had a great ride and for the records must say that you all managed to give some complex to the Dzire guy . Way to go!
bluenicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:25   #215
BHPian

Thanks blunicotine. The Dzire was also part of the gang. His antics that you see in the vid are just to make stuff more dramatic. :P
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:29   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
The Dzire was also part of the gang. His antics that you see in the vid are just to make stuff more dramatic. :P
i fell for it! I should have guessed
Old 29th March 2012, 14:43   #217
BHPian

While the outsides are always clean, the insides had become dirty as hell. The negetives of owning a "faired" bike is that the cleaning the insides is always a pain. So sat down and opened the fairing, cleaned the radiator with a tooth brush and hosed it down.
Attached Images

Old 5th April 2012, 01:23   #218
BHPian

Has the color of the rim strips worn off or is it a funny angle becuz of which the colors r looking so different.

I see that u've changed ur exhaust before the expiry of the warranty period ie.2years. Does this mod hamper the warranty or not?

Also did you source the Keiti Fuel Cap pad from india or abroad?

Have booked my Ninja, delivery awaited in a week's time, and its black in color too
Bhushanrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 11:17   #219
Senior - BHPian

Hope you don't mind me answering these questions on your behalf @balenopower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Has the color of the rim strips worn off or is it a funny angle becuz of which the colors r looking so different.
It's the sunlight and the camera that makes the rim tapes look bluish. The first pic looks fine.

Quote:
I see that u've changed ur exhaust before the expiry of the warranty period ie.2years. Does this mod hamper the warranty or not?
Any mod, even adding an aftermarket air filter such as K&N will void the warranty. If some part fails and needs replacement under warranty then it will be an issue. But these bikes are very reliable so nothing to worry about

Quote:
Have booked my Ninja, delivery awaited in a week's time, and its black in color too
Congrats and welcome to the club. I hope you have invested in good quality riding gears.
Old 5th April 2012, 16:16   #220
BHPian

Does K&N filter make any significant difference in performance compared to stock?

Last edited by bluenicotine : 5th April 2012 at 16:21.
Old 5th April 2012, 16:30   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
Does K&N filter make any significant difference in performance compared to stock?
Not significantly. But it does improve the low end and mid range grunt to some extent. And there is not much difference in the intake growl too. Its more of a hiss than a growl. Definitely does not have that froggy croak like those dio's and activa's.

I had the K&N for sometime and then switched back to stock. Its easier and quicker to clean and refit the stock air filter, while with the K&N its a day long process as the filter has to dry naturally in the shade which takes a whole damn day.
Old 9th April 2012, 20:13   #222
BHPian

Quote:

Also did you source the Keiti Fuel Cap pad from india or abroad?

you're adding salt to my injuries Bhushan. Yes those rim tapes are of the wrong colour. Ordered ninja green off ebay.uk but the got the wrong green.
But since i had paid for it, im using it, will order new ones later.

@Aditya - They look proper in the first pic because of the flash.

As for warranty, i put the stock parts back before i give my bike for service. but my bike is already 2 yrs old and my warranty period is now over.

oh btw, the tank pad is from DSG pune. congrats for the bike Bhushan, see you on rides soon then
Old 10th May 2012, 11:11   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Not significantly. But it does improve the low end and mid range grunt to some extent. And there is not much difference in the intake growl too. Its more of a hiss than a growl. Definitely does not have that froggy croak like those dio's and activa's.

I had the K&N for sometime and then switched back to stock. Its easier and quicker to clean and refit the stock air filter, while with the K&N its a day long process as the filter has to dry naturally in the shade which takes a whole damn day.
Just with the K&N, I got a slight improvement at the lower end. With the K&N & the full Yoshimura system, the difference is pretty obvious. +1 on the intake swish too.. Its barely discernible, and DEFINITELY sounds nothing like it does on the Activas.

For the guys who are concerned about the warranty going void with modifications, I have now had my Ninja for 2 years and had added a K&N air filter and a Yoshimura Full Carbon fibre exhaust soon after I completed running in. Not to mention Pirelli Sport Demons front & rear (a 140), Puig sliders and a lot of other things... All this was installed at the Probiking workshop. Of course, I have a good relationship with the manager and the guys there. If you have your doubts about the Probiking workshop, I would suggest that you get the jobs done outside at a reputed shop (or even do it yourself - the Ninja is fairly DIY-friendly). Keep the parts that you have removed safely. If you get unlucky - and I believe they're very well engineered and unlikely to put you in that position - you can just switch back to the stock system and then take it to Probiking .

Another thing, if you plan to buy an exhaust, make sure you get the dbkiller with it. Most exhausts come with one in the new pack. They're hard to find later. The dbkiller will just make it quieter (and sound a lot more refined - my exhaust without the dbkiller sounds like an axe murderer at anything above 5000 rpm) without any discernible loss in the low end grunt.

All in all, subjective as all this is, I would say that you will almost certainly like the bike better with the low end zip the exhaust brings to the equation. Anybody who's taken the pain of running in below 4000 rpm & 6000 rpm will know what I'm talking about!

@aditya: How've you been? I know the K&N takes forever to dry but I've got all the time in the world...
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 11:24   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
All in all, subjective as all this is, I would say that you will almost certainly like the bike better with the low end zip the exhaust brings to the equation.
Doing fine Brocklock, thank you and hope you're doing well too.

A good friend of mine wanted to buy the Hot Bodies MGP Growler for his ninja and i advised against it. A majority of owners on ninjette.org bought the growler and got rid of it after a few months since its obscenely loud (and there is no provision for a dB killer on this).

Finally convinced the bloke to go for the M4 exhaust and he is loving it. Its very bassy and has a very nice deep rumble to it. Yes, its pretty loud, a lot louder than the Leo Vince's but not too loud to poke holes in the ear drums. For long rides, its advisable to wear ear plugs.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:28   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Finally convinced the bloke to go for the M4 exhaust and he is loving it. Its very bassy and has a very nice deep rumble to it. Yes, its pretty loud, a lot louder than the Leo Vince's but not too loud to poke holes in the ear drums. For long rides, its advisable to wear ear plugs.
I've heard the M4 - sounds very good. I like the Yoshi better, though... Or wait, maybe it's just because I bought it!
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote