Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th May 2012, 17:58   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience

most cans for the ninja sound the same except the growler and the M4 which are just loud and nothing else. Very slight variations between them especially with the dB killer on. The best bit i found about the aftermarket slip on is the gain in performance. About 5 kg lighter than stock plus no catcon restrictions, the Ninja really opens up well. I had removed my db killer but its back now. The dB killer is your insurance against cops and dogs.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:06   #227
BHPian

Had a good ride this weekend. Managed to get some good pics too, courtesy my shutter happy wife. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by balenopower : 22nd May 2012 at 14:13.
balenopower is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 13:54   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Had a good ride this weekend. Managed to get some good pics too, courtesy my shutter happy wife. Here are some pics.
Hey buddy, she looks like a million bucks... One small glance through two threads - yours & aditya's - and my wife no longer complains that I spend too much time washing & polishing!!

Thank you!
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 20:19   #229
BHPian

Hahah. Always a pleasure my friend. I hope she lends you a helping had soon too
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:47   #230
BHPian

With new cars coming into the garage and monsoons setting in, the bikes have kind of remained in their covers, especially the Ninja. Last sunday after i woke up, saw the rays of the sun tearing through the dark clouds and suddenly it was all bright outside. Peeked out of the window and much to my happiness, the roads looked dry. Hopped into my gear, uncovered the beast, gave it a light wipe and off i was.

Once nicely warmed up, i got onto my favourite empty stretch of road and gassed her up. Everytime that needle swung past 14,000 rpm, my smile widened inside my helmet. Its been 3 years and the lil Ninja still manages to give me my kicks. Here's a couple of pics i managed before i had to run back and cover the bike before a downpour.
Attached Images

balenopower is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 13:53   #231
BHPian

With the rains kind of subsiding and a Kawasaki/KTM meet planned at amby valley, it seemed to be the perfect outing for me and the Ninja. So me along with a friend on his KTM 390 decided to put both the bikes to test.

First open stretch, and we both gunned it. Tacho needles in a frenzy, hovering in the redzone at almost all times, but the Ninja's twin cylinders were no match for the paperweight and powerful Duke. Easily three to four bike lengths ahead. Roll-on outright acceleration both places i was easily outgunned till we got a really long straight. Post 140 km/h with me crouched behind the windscreen, the Ninja's aerodynamic advantage started coming into play. Where my friend in the KTM is fighting with the wind head on, the Ninja's fairing was simply slicing through the air. I think given a really long stretch the Ninja will get to a better top speed but then who in their right minds would get onto those crazy speeds on a daily basis.

Amby valley corners was terrific, again for the KTM. comparitively shorter gearing meant exiting out of the corners in the 390 is fantastic. And upright handlebars along with a short wheelbase means the KTM literally stitches together the short corners. I had to constantly shift to stay in the powerband and tight corners is simply not the Ninja's forte. But talk about a high speed one and I could see myself gaining.

We finally arrived at cloud 9 to a sea of KTM's and Ninja's. Strangely mine was the only 250 there with atleast three 300's and the rest being 650's. We shot a nice vid through the corners and all that fog which you guys can see. on the way back we decided to switch bikes. i was itching to get onto the 390 and see how it feels.

Getting astride, the first thing that hits you is the riding position, especially since you have been used to that hunched riding position. Stretched out handle bars and a not so roomy riding position. So off we were. Gunned it through the gears. The single really steps it up post 7.5k rpm and its almost like a stepped powerband compared to the very very linear power delivery of the Ninja. Maxxed it out at 165 kmph with speeds getting lower as an when I got hit by crosswinds. Very different dynamics too. Very quick steering, amazingly nimble and a cracker of an engine.

Some things i dint like.

Buttache set in after just 75 odd km, dont feel that on my Ninja.
Plan to tour? get ready to fight the winds at speeds over 110 km/h.
Very soft rear suspension and can get scary if it decides to compress mid corner.
Riding position..Feels to restricted atleast for me.

Do i plan to upgrade to a 390? No friggin way. It might be faster but these are very different bikes and what they bring to the table is as different as chalk and cheese. Here are pics and the vid. Enjoy.

Go pro goes on.

Name:  Go pro goes on.JPG
Views: 1131
Size:  225.7 KB

Massive meet by Bajaj.

Name:  ktmkawasaki.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  232.0 KB

The ride back Home

Name:  ride back.JPG
Views: 1086
Size:  244.5 KB

I finally get onto the mental 390.

Name:  390.JPG
Views: 1143
Size:  274.2 KB
balenopower is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 09:15   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So me along with a friend on his KTM 390 decided to put both the bikes to test.
I was about to ask you, if the friend was Mr. More?

Where is that video Abhisek? Any dash mounted video as well?

Don't really know why, but D-390 hasn't floored me as much as the N-300 does. Though, I would still prefer to wait for the CBR-600F.

I hope the riding season too is about to start for you guys. So, hope we can expect lots of pics.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 14:12   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I was about to ask you, if the friend was Mr. More? Where is that video Abhisek? Any dash mounted video as well? Don't really know why, but D-390 hasn't floored me as much as the N-300 does. Though, I would still prefer to wait for the CBR-600F. I hope the riding season too is about to start for you guys. So, hope we can expect lots of pics.
Yes that is Varad sheel. Damn forgot to add the link. It's mounted on the 390's crash guard. About the 390, I share your sentiments exactly. Yes the 600F hopefully will be worth the wait. Yes we are eagerly awaiting the monsoons to get over. Here are a few more pics from today.

Name:  image482870108.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  456.6 KB

Name:  image36315643.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  363.1 KB
balenopower is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 18:31   #234
BHPian

Ive been waiting to get my ninja out too.. last ride was when I took her to rohtang in may..

Good pictures..

Btw just wanted ask, how does one get to know about these bajaj meets?

Cheers.. God Speed!
Bhushanrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 08:18   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Was Kunal a part of the meet as well? Those photos are pro.
BTW, know speedy, have met him quite a few times when I was in Pune. Me, Rash & Speedy had a whale of a time on Rash's Karizma & Speedy's P-180 classic

With the change in weather, I hope this thread will keep getting its timely updates :-)
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 12:58   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Ive been waiting to get my ninja out too.. last ride was when I took her to rohtang in may.. Good pictures.. Btw just wanted ask, how does one get to know about these bajaj meets? Cheers.. God Speed!
Tks buddy. Well I keep getting mails if and when a ride is organised. Make sure your email address is registered with Probiking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Was Kunal a part of the meet as well? Those photos are pro. BTW, know speedy, have met him quite a few times when I was in Pune. Me, Rash & Speedy had a whale of a time on Rash's Karizma & Speedy's P-180 classic With the change in weather, I hope this thread will keep getting its timely updates :-)
I know sheel. More told me he knows you😊. Nah nah those pics are clicked by me on my way back from pune. Talking about rides they are happening by the dozen. Here are some pics from the India Bike Week 'Chai Pakora' meet.

Name:  image1645836493.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  825.7 KB

Name:  image1350761710.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  320.9 KB

Name:  image4195039138.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  410.3 KB

Name:  image1915129218.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  308.9 KB
Old 29th September 2013, 00:50   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that is Varad sheel. Damn forgot to add the link. It's mounted on the 390's crash guard. About the 390, I share your sentiments exactly. Yes the 600F hopefully will be worth the wait. Yes we are eagerly awaiting the monsoons to get over. Here are a few more pics from today.

Great pics, Baleno. Beautiful bke and glad to see it getting some good work out. Good to see the riding gear too.

Reminds me of my Duc. Man, I miss that bike. It would have been useless in Vegas, though.

Cheers
VLOCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 18:10   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Great pics, Baleno. Beautiful bke and glad to see it getting some good work out. Good to see the riding gear too.

Reminds me of my Duc. Man, I miss that bike. It would have been useless in Vegas, though.

Cheers
i still remember your Duc thread mate, one of the finest i have come across. i am sure you miss that beast. hope you get another one soon.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st October 2013 at 06:36. Reason: Removing link to the ride video.
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote