Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th March 2010, 19:03   #31
BHPian

BP congrats on the beauty, what rubber is she running on and what mileage are you getting as of now? How does the exhaust sound ?
prguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 19:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
BTW, does the headlamp always stay on when you start the bike? I heard it has Daytime lights.
Let me take the liberty of answering your ques on behalf of BP, yes Ninja do have the daytime running lamp, the low beam is always on while the engine is on.

Last edited by BANDHAV : 25th March 2010 at 19:07.
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 19:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Let me take the liberty of answering your ques on behalf of BP, yes Ninja do have the daytime running lamp, the low beam is always on while the engine is on.
Ya bandhav can you tell me the purpose of this
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 20:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Studies have shown that having a headlight `on' increases other drivers' ability to estimate the location, speed and direction of the vehicle. This reduces the chance of collisions. It is mandatory in many countries to have headlights hardwired to be turned on as soon as the motorcycle engine is started.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 20:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
BP congrats on the beauty, what rubber is she running on and what mileage are you getting as of now? How does the exhaust sound ?
She's running on IRC's now. Exhaust note is pretty grunty, pretty much like a little V-twin

Quote:
Thats the case with all superbikes to make them more visible on the roads.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 22:56   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
in some Scandinavian countries where the weather is usually dark and gloomy, for better visibility the car/motorcycles had their beams on in 'low beam' mode,

the benefits were taken into account(such as visibility, okay i can just say one, but is one hell lot of a reason) and made mandatory in fast sports cars/motorcycles

correct me if i am wrong

Where are the photus?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 00:55   #37

@balenopower

Been close to 10 years since I gave up bikes, primarily due to the distance I drive in a day...
Ninja has always fascinated me,from the time Bajaj Auto ran a full page ad in TOI in 1994....(250 ZZR) from what you have see as an initial impression, would you recommend it for someone who has been away from bikes for a while, I am asking this from a riding perspective, is it an easy handler?? Also how comfy is the seat, I am 5'11 and not on the lighter side
rajat60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 03:30   #38
BHPian

Congrats bro. Its a mean machine, hope to read more about it soon.
What are the FE figures?
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 10:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat60 View Post
@balenopower

Been close to 10 years since I gave up bikes, primarily due to the distance I drive in a day...
Ninja has always fascinated me,from the time Bajaj Auto ran a full page ad in TOI in 1994....(250 ZZR) from what you have see as an initial impression, would you recommend it for someone who has been away from bikes for a while, I am asking this from a riding perspective, is it an easy handler?? Also how comfy is the seat, I am 5'11 and not on the lighter side
10 years is quite a long time, however the ninja is quite an easy bike to ride in or out of town. Im almost 5'10 and on the heavier side as well, but thts not a problem at all on the ninja. The only thing you will have to adjust to is the sporty riding position, which might give you a few wrist aches in the beginning but thats about it. Its a wonderful bike to ride overall.

@johnny - i havent tried calculating the mileage yet. Infact i still dont know what mileage my previos and current machines give.Never tried to find out. But i should get a ballpark figure soon for the ninja.

Last edited by balenopower : 27th March 2010 at 10:29.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Its been over a week now and i havent seen the bike.
When do i get to see it. You better get it today abhi.
Your going to go mad when the running in period gets over.
Congrats once again motoo. Ride Safe.
I want to see new pics with the new plates and all.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 12:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat60 View Post
@balenopower

I can so relate to you. I fell in love with the Ninja when I saw it in the 2nd Auto expo. Its brochure adorned the walls of my room ever since and I kept waiting for it to be launched since then. I cant even say how excited I was when the Ninja was launched, unfortunately the long wait has taken its toll and I utilized the finances somewhere else. But, hopefully next year my decade old dream might come true.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 13:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
This is an active saftey feature, irrespective of the fact how big your motorcycle is, it will always remain the smallest vechicle on the road, so this always on headlight make the bike a bit more visible to other road users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
She's running on IRC's now. Exhaust note is pretty grunty, pretty much like a little V-twin
The exact specificationo is F 110/70 R 17, R 130/70 R 17, though these IRCs are pretty potent as far as performance is concerned, but in case someone is looking for an upgrade Pirelli is the way to go. One of our customer has upgraded to Pirelli, front is exact same and the rear is one section wider 140, and its just transfrom the way the bike looks.
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 15:17   #43

Please post the new pics
Jay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 18:47   #44
BHPian

had a brilliant pune-mumbai ride, already 700 km on the odo. Got the oil changed first thing today morning and the embossed number plates up. Also gave my sweetheart her first wash and wax treatment. With soo much body work and no mainstand, its a real pain to wax the bike, but result are there to see. Here ya go, some more pics for you'll.
Attached Images

Old 28th March 2010, 08:50   #45
BHPian

Awesome Pics, I am rising in love with this bike everyday. Its just a test of my patience that I own one black beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
had a brilliant pune-mumbai ride, already 700 km on the odo. Got the oil changed first thing today morning and the embossed number plates up. Also gave my sweetheart her first wash and wax treatment. With soo much body work and no mainstand, its a real pain to wax the bike, but result are there to see. Here ya go, some more pics for you'll.
rajanvash is offline   Reply With Quote