Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th June 2010, 14:55   #121
BHPian

With the rains just around the corner, i had to finish the last ride of the summers. A brilliant ride to amby was just what the doctor ordered. On the way back though i got a drizzle. Wet tarmac, 5th gear i whack the throttle open. The moment the motor gets into the powerband the bike does a nice shimmy at the rear. Im taken aback. i try again this time just to find out what really happened. And again the rear wiggles as i whack the throttle open in 5th. Well that dint speak to well about the IRC's. That really made me nervous and i was extra careful till the roads dried up. I wudn't pass my judgement just yet on the tyres cause i think this being the first rains, the road was covered with grime. Riding once the rains have well and truly arrived should give a fair idea of the IRC's performance. But i have a feeling ill have to switch to pirelli's soon. Here are some pics from the ride.
Attached Images

balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 17:07   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
With the rains just around the corner, i had to finish the last ride of the summers. A brilliant ride to amby was just what the doctor ordered. On the way back though i got a drizzle. Wet tarmac, 5th gear i whack the throttle open. The moment the motor gets into the powerband the bike does a nice shimmy at the rear. Im taken aback. i try again this time just to find out what really happened. And again the rear wiggles as i whack the throttle open in 5th. Well that dint speak to well about the IRC's. That really made me nervous and i was extra careful till the roads dried up. I wudn't pass my judgement just yet on the tyres cause i think this being the first rains, the road was covered with grime. Riding once the rains have well and truly arrived should give a fair idea of the IRC's performance. But i have a feeling ill have to switch to pirelli's soon. Here are some pics from the ride.
Hi Balenopower,

Nice to see 2 Black babies together, i was envying you guys since my green goblin does not have a similar mate to ride with, she rides with 2 LB500's and a Classic 500.

The ride season is officially over now until October, so lets plan to catch up and plan a ride sometime then ? what say !

PS - I just got a few goodies to pamper my baby.

Performance Windscreen
Smoked LED tail light
Shogun Swingarm Spools
Rizomo Handlebar Grips and Ends

And At last something for Myself a Kawasaki Ninja Green Helmet with a Green tinted visor.

Have fixed the screen and the tail lamp myself and she looks awesome, the handlebar grips would require some help so would go to probiking on Saturday to get it done .

Some low quality pics ( BB camera + night shot)

1st Pic before the screen replacement
Attached Images

Last edited by Speed-Freak : 9th June 2010 at 17:13. Reason: Missed adding the pictures
Speed-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 18:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
I just got a few goodies to pamper my baby.

Performance Windscreen
Smoked LED tail light
Shogun Swingarm Spools
Rizomo Handlebar Grips and Ends

And At last something for Myself a Kawasaki Ninja Green Helmet with a Green tinted visor.
Definitely calls for better pics dude. Cant see much of the LED tail lamp.

Please share more details on the windscreen, LED tail lamp and the Rizmo stuff.

Oh yeah, congrats on the ninja and the accessories.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 18:37   #124
BHPian

hey speedfreak we are pretty much going to ride in the rain as well , but we can always catch up just to chill as well. Pm me ur number we can def hook up on weekends. Would love to see your accessories.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:42   #125
BHPian

was looking for performance filters for my bacha, this looks interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-kn.jpg  

Old 11th June 2010, 13:06   #126

Quote:
hey speedfreak we are pretty much going to ride in the rain as well , but we can always catch up just to chill as well. Pm me ur number we can def hook up on weekends. Would love to see your accessories.
Hey i have a green ninja as well.. buzz me whenever youll ride out..
Lancer_vkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 20:29   #127
BHPian

finally i get my hands on them, Puig no cut frame sliders, should be on the bike soon along with monster energy decals and green pinstriping on the wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-puig-frame-sliders.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2010, 11:20   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
was looking for performance filters for my bacha, this looks interesting.
I have my eyes on this one too. Will get one and plonk it in post 12000 kms.

How does it sound by the way? One of my friends ninja has the K&N but the intake growl is very muted... hardly audible. Unless you concentrate you cant hear it.

Quote:
finally i get my hands on them, Puig no cut frame sliders
Kewl. Lemme know how the installation goes.

I was thinking of buying the Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders but put if off as it actually involves cutting the counter shaft cover. Wonder why it is called No Cut then. . See below.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-shogun-no-cut-frame-sliders-installation.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd June 2010 at 11:22.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:29   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I have my eyes on this one too. Will get one and plonk it in post 12000 kms.

How does it sound by the way? One of my friends ninja has the K&N but the intake growl is very muted... hardly audible. Unless you concentrate you cant hear it.

Kewl. Lemme know how the installation goes.

I was thinking of buying the Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders but put if off as it actually involves cutting the counter shaft cover. Wonder why it is called No Cut then. . See below.
If its a stock replacement filter like the one i have posted, there wont be too much intack growl since its still inside the airbox, but if you put a conical one, that will be quite audible.

Shogun was proving too expensive for me so i was hunting for something within my budget. Sheesh, it will hurt if i have to cut the shaft cover for the sliders. Anyways will fill you in once i put it.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:51   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sheesh, it will hurt if i have to cut the shaft cover for the sliders. Anyways will fill you in once i put it.
I dont mean to discourage you brother but please check with the installer on how its going to be seated onto the bike.

The main bolt of the shogun slider goes into the engine mounting bolt groove. (Remove the engine mounting bolt and put the slider bolt through). I was and am still skeptical as God forbid there is a crash, the mounting bolt takes the impact on most counts which could be expensive or cumbersome to remove the damaged bolt even if there is no damage to the engine.
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:21   #131
BHPian

but imagine the damages without one, fairing which is almost 10k per side and then there is the engine itself. The sliders will also protect your legs to quite an extent. Also just imagine the bike falling off the stand or taking a very slow fall. You dont want the faring damaged or cracked there mate.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:23   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but imagine the damages without one, fairing which is almost 10k per side and then there is the engine itself. The sliders will also protect your legs to quite an extent. Also just imagine the bike falling off the stand or taking a very slow fall. You dont want the faring damaged or cracked there mate.
10K only?! Check again!
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:36   #133
BHPian

Yea yea, its 10k for each side
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:59   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree dude. I sincerely hope your bike doesnt see the day the sliders are put to test.

Another ninja owner was mentioning to me that a ninja crashed and the slider broke along with the fairing. double whammy. I dont know who the owner of the ninja is though.
Old 28th June 2010, 20:23   #135
BHPian

Frame sliders fixed and pinstriping done. I would absolutely recommend the Puig sliders as they are true no cut ones unlike the shogun ones which require a slight cutting of the counter shaft cover. The rim tapes were sent by a friend in UK. More pics later.
Attached Images