Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd April 2013, 12:14   #61
Default Re: Anti-theft devices, strategies for bikes

I know i am waking up people on this but i recently felt the need to giving a thought to this. Wanted to open a new thread but glad there is one already.

I recently lost the key of my bull( new 350 UCE ) i approached a keymaker who made a key in just bare 8 min of time . Can you believe it . He hardly put his lockpick inside the keyhole for about 4-6 times and lo we had a brand new key which opened the handlelock,petroltank,ignition. I could hardly believe the new UCE models had such a poor lock system.

For me the most intriguing part was he said " if your bullet is an old model one i am sorry i cannot make a key for you" ...crap the new models !!

All one needs to steal a brand new bullet is just 10 mins of time in a secluded place and some "key" skills. In malls where we park bikes for hours just imagine wat can happen.

I think a more sophisticated lock should be used for the handle alone.Coz a bull tied at neck is a heck to drag

Please let me know your opinions.

Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote