2nd April 2010, 11:40
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Thanked: 132 Times
| | Hero Honda sells over 4.5 million units in 2009-10
Bike manufacturer Hero Honda has sold a record 4.5 million units in the year 2009-10. More info and details from the Official Press Release:
| HERO HONDA POSTS ANOTHER RECORD BREAKING YEAR WITH SALES OF OVER 4.6 MILLION UNITS |
POSTS HIGHEST-EVER MARCH SALES OF 4,14,638 LAKHS
REGISTERS FULL YEAR GROWTH OF 23.6%
TAKES TOTAL NUMBER OF LAUNCHES TO 9 WITH LAUNCH OF NEW CD DELUXE AND CD DAWN IN MARCH, 10
Achievements and Highlights of Financial Year 2009-10
- Continues with its industry leadership as the world’s largest manufacturer of two-wheelers as a single company for the ninth consecutive year
- Crosses the landmark figure of 4 million cumulative sales in a single year – posts sales of more than a million units for every quarter in FY’10
- Hero Honda 'Touch Points' cross 4200 in number as part of aggressive network expansion initiative
- Launches 9 models in the fiscal including refreshes, variants and new models
- Launches all new sporty and stylish Karizma ZMR
- Celebrates crossing 11 million sales of the hugely popular Splendor
- Keeps strengthening its presence in the scooter market, now selling over 20,000 units of Pleasure per month
- Builds on its strong association with multiple sports – from cricket and golf to hockey, football and Commonwealth Games
- Continues to tap rural & upcountry markets through dedicated ‘Rural Vertical’ with the visionary "Har Gaaon…Har Aangan" platform
- Receives a slew of prestigious awards through the financial year, including the “Company of the Year” 2009 by Economic Times
New Delhi, April 01, 2010: Hero Honda Motors Ltd (HHML), the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer for nine consecutive years, today reported record sales of over 4.6 million units for FY’10.
With over a million units in sales posted for every quarter of this fiscal, the company concludes another record-breaking year of sales growth. The company has been consistently demonstrating a high growth momentum over the years.
The sales of 414,638 units of two-wheelers in the month of March ‘10, represents a growth of 14 % over the corresponding month last year, when the company had reported sales of 353,342 units.
With this, the total sales for the financial year ‘10 zoomed to 46,00,130 two-wheelers, as compared to 37,22,000 units for the previous financial year (2008-09) – a robust growth of 23.59% for the financial year.
The company has also recently announced a Special Silver Jubilee Dividend of 4000% in recognition of the company’s strong financial performance.
Mr. Pawan Munjal, MD & CEO, Hero Honda Motors Ltd said, “FY 10 was another remarkable year for Hero Honda. With sales of over 4.6 million units, Hero Honda has not only handsomely crossed the target sales for the year but also created a new sales record. Our high growth rate despite the large base of previous year is reflective of the great momentum in our business and the strength of our strategy that continues to yield exceptional results. During the year, we saw our leadership position continue to solidify with unparalleled market adoption of our products, and various industry awards and recognitions.
“With a number of new strategic initiatives in the pipeline, we enter the next fiscal with renewed optimism. We will aggressively expand our presence across new rural, urban and export markets. We are also looking at setting up our fourth plant in the near future. Further, we will continue to work relentlessly to bring more value-added and innovative products to our customers, combined with innovative sales and marketing programs.”