Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 15:44   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,116 Times
Default

The black one with the wind shield is looking very tempting & the engine crash guard on the red one is adding beauty. Looks of Enticer is real cool, but I'm only concerned about the power & torque delivery, otherwise I would start hunting for an Enticer & start restoring as my next project.

PS - I'm not sure if the pics 4629 & 4634 will be allowed to be posted here as the rider seems to be riding the motorcycle without a helmet

Last edited by aargee : 16th May 2010 at 15:50.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 16:03   #62
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 575
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The black one with the wind shield is looking very tempting & the engine crash guard on the red one is adding beauty. Looks of Enticer is real cool, but I'm only concerned about the power & torque delivery, otherwise I would start hunting for an Enticer & start restoring as my next project.

PS - I'm not sure if the pics 4629 & 4634 will be allowed to be posted here as the rider seems to be riding the motorcycle without a helmet
Wearing Helmet is not mandatory everywhere, it is good for us if we wear. in metro cities, on road, Govt. made it mandatory. if helmet required when riding motor cycle at bicycle speed, then helmet is must for bicycles and bullock cart also. if it is a stunt, then i agree to wear helmet and other safety gears.
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 18:36   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Wearing Helmet is not mandatory everywhere, it is good for us if we wear. in metro cities, on road, Govt. made it mandatory. if helmet required when riding motor cycle at bicycle speed, then helmet is must for bicycles and bullock cart also. if it is a stunt, then i agree to wear helmet and other safety gears.
Representing a biking club and having this attitude??
it wont take you far
anyways its your head.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 20:23   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Representing a biking club and having this attitude??
it wont take you far
anyways its your head.
I guess what Karthik meant was at a private place, a helmet is not mandatory (in rule perspective) under normal driving. I tend to agree on it. This was not all a public road.

By the way, great pictures! Wish you good luck. Nice to see the women folk owning these bikes and participation.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 20:45   #65
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Karthik1100: Nice pics. Yes, I too hope YEC grows like FCB.

Just see to it that everybody wears a helmet while riding a bike during the Meet. This will solve all problems and conflicts. Safety of all riders should be the top priority always, be it in a private property or public.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 20:53   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I guess what Karthik meant was at a private place, a helmet is not mandatory (in rule perspective) under normal driving. I tend to agree on it. This was not all a public road.

By the way, great pictures! Wish you good luck. Nice to see the women folk owning these bikes and participation.
So?
Even if it was not a closed road,a crash at even 30-40 km\hr can be fatal.
How is it different from riding on a Public road?
Helmet is for Rider's safety,not for public's safety on roads
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 20:58   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvinhard View Post
Hi Karthik.

I think MB forgot to mention here that, when Enticer was launched in 2002, to compete with the Kawasaki Bajaj Eliminator, it bagged a few awards, including the prestigious " BBC Wheels Motorcycle of the year 2002" beating competition from the Thunderbird itself ( which also is a cruiser). The reasons for Enticer selling well were, its looks ( remember, when it was launched, 8 to 9 out of 10 people mistook it to be the Eliminator - so profound was the similarity between the two) and also its pricing - 35000 INR lesser than the Bajaj. Apart from these two major contributing factors, its comfort ( my friend who owns a Unicorn still comments that the seat of the Enticer feels like a Sofa), decent power and mileage and exceptional handling. No wonder it sold well till the end of 2004 and start of 2005.

Now coming to your questions:

1) Going back in time by around 6-7 years, as you might very well remember, there was a bike named RX 100 ( which was the flagship model of Yamaha, and probably still is). It sold well, in fact, very well, although, if u compare the numbers with a CD 100 probably, you would still say the RX 100 didnt sell well. Well, its a well known fact that, Yamaha stopped the production of RX100 and introduced a bike named RXG, which bombed ( because it was tuned for mileage). How do you account for this strategy of Yamaha? Well, that friends, I think, only Yamaha can explain best. The same strategy was executed in 2004 and the sale of Enti was stopped in India, although it was being exported from here. The unwillingness of the management of the company to promote the bike, became its undoing of sorts :(

2)As I told you, just by going through the sales figure of a model, one cant conclude anything about its performance.

3) Well, the photos easily give an idea that the Enticer is not underpowered. Its just that, one has to know to extract the maximum out of this bike, since its peak power comes in the higher REV band. Otherwise, the build quality of the Enticer was top notch and it was designed to meet all the norms ( as I said, it was still being exported to Europe).
I only asked you if any sales figures indicated tremendous sales or it was just a general feeling.

Comparing the RX to a CD 100 is incorrect. This is because, in general, these are two very different bikes in buyers perspective. Moreover, RX was not very cheap either. If the sales of these bikes had reduced in its last few years, it could have been due to the newer bikes that were available in market. Anyways, RX had been available for 2 decades atleast. It was stopped as it did not meet the emission norms. However, there the stopping of Enticer doesnt seem to be very convincing.

Also, in my opinion doing a wheelie is a skill. A skilled rider can do it on an Activa too. I have seen Seshadripuram college youth doing it every now and then near my house (Gullus Chat). It doesnt really signify performance.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 21:51   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
So?
Even if it was not a closed road,a crash at even 30-40 km\hr can be fatal.
How is it different from riding on a Public road?
Helmet is for Rider's safety,not for public's safety on roads
I agree with you every bit. My response was purely based the perspective where a fellow BHPian said some pictures where a rider wasnt wearing a helmet might not be allowed on this thread. I personally use and advise everyone to wear a helmet, much much before the helmet law was re-introduced in Bangalore.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 22:21   #69
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 575
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I agree with you every bit. My response was purely based the perspective where a fellow BHPian said some pictures where a rider wasnt wearing a helmet might not be allowed on this thread. I personally use and advise everyone to wear a helmet, much much before the helmet law was re-introduced in Bangalore.
Thanks makam and arun for your wishes and support. i realised my mistake of not wearing helmet in the first enticer meet stunt. and i corrected myself wearing a helmet and safety gloves this time. i promise that i also advise other to wear helmet while driving on road and doing any stunts. but i disagree for wearing helmet when we are sitting on two wheelers or while riding 2 wheelers below 10 kms speed on non public roads unless if they are learning to ride.

@Dear Akshay. i am sorry if you are mistaken me. Yes, I agree i have an attitude. and i love my attitude. i cannot bow my head for everything, even if i am right. there are many people against wearing helmet but I m not against wearing helmet, unless it is required. I am a very practical guy. it was my way of justification. and i am sure i was not rude. and thanks for wishes
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 22:33   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,840
Thanked: 954 Times
Default

Nice pics Karthik.The three line road/track looks awesome for burning some rubber.Where is this place located in Bangalore?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 22:53   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Did you guys record the timings on the drags you had? If yes, please post the information
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 23:04   #72
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 575
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Did you guys record the timings on the drags you had? If yes, please post the information
no buddy. it was not serious drag. we just had it for fun. will record the timings next time. we were not having any professional safety gears and any first Aid facilities and racing equipments such as flags and timers all. but we had a Doctor there.
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 23:09   #73
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 575
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Nice pics Karthik.The three line road/track looks awesome for burning some rubber.Where is this place located in Bangalore?
Thanks Ram. its a 4 line Road.
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 16:19   #74
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Hey MB congrats for your 1st meet of the club.
Am very sorry for not making it for the meet. All was planned to come over but I slept a bit long and was late. Very sorry for that.

Will never miss any other events for sure.
My Best wishes for YECB
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 17:16   #75
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 575
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Hey MB congrats for your 1st meet of the club.
Am very sorry for not making it for the meet. All was planned to come over but I slept a bit long and was late. Very sorry for that.

Will never miss any other events for sure.
My Best wishes for YECB
Thanks Suji for your wishes, we are happy to see all our fiat guys in the enticer club, so please make your presence in the next meet. Let FIAT YAMAHA be together like official FIAT YAMAHA TEAM.
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tires for an Yamaha Enticer djjebs Motorbikes 8 16th April 2013 19:21
Yamaha Enticer - Valve Replacement revvinhard Motorbikes 3 13th February 2013 12:15
Bengaluru-Dharmastala-Kukke-Murudeshwar-Idugunji-Bengaluru in Safari 2.2L VX Dicor kdeepakk Travelogues 20 24th November 2008 12:08
Looking for a Yezdi/Eliminator/Enticer aveek Shifting gears 3 4th October 2007 18:58
Wanted Enticer in Bangalore !! jango Shifting gears 1 17th March 2007 06:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks