| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|22nd October 2010, 14:35||#16|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked: 44 Times
Ownership review at 9100 Kms
i'm pinging my thread again to update the ownership reviews of my TBTS. I will stress more on the performance of the bike and experience with service.
4th service was due on last saturday. i changed my service station this time. Why did i do it. read on.
Till third service i had chosen RE brand store service station with bit of a hope that everything will be sorted out. but as usual theres nothing changed from the first service till third service.
They note down the complaints in job card and forget to refer it while servicing. apart from changing of oil and filters, changing the brake shoe nothing much in stores.
In between my second service and third service i visited the service station thrice saying my bike is leaning towards right side. everytime i was turned down saying there is no problem. I suspected the fork bend as even the gap between the mud gaurd and front tyre was very less on the one side than other.
Only fearing that warranty will void forced me to go to them otherwise believe me from the day 1 i would have never visited them.
Heard alot about manjunatha garage authorised service center. though its around 25kms from my house i took a pain to reach them on monday morning.
Kannan took the bike for a short spin even before the issues were explained. Came back and asked me the first question how old is your bike. I was speachless. He listed out all the issues which i had pointed out to RE service station. i was speechless.
any i willl explain the problems and solutions for it.
1) Trip meter not working was day 1 issue. replaced the complete meter on warranty.
2) Sparg clutch. what to say about it. there was huge metal banging sound when used the ES. Took it to RE service center and was turned down twice without acknowledging the request. Manjunatha auto garage acknowledged it and replaced under warranty,.
3) Fork was bent was my issue, but when opened the bike the T rod is itself bent. He said i have dropped it in parking or somewhere. Its never happened. changed. warranty didnot cover it, had to shell out 950/-.
4) Wheel wobbling was pointed out by kannan. it was true there was quite a wobbling. had to pay 200/- for front and rear tyre. For fork bend removal 350/-
Handling of the bike has improved a lot with less engine noise and bike is charm to ride upon. the noise from the bike has reduced overall.
5) air filter changed. This was never opened from the day 1 of service it seems. as i had complained low mileage so they said filter has to be replaced. done. costed me 165/-
6) Rust on handle bar holder(not sure what to call it). replaced under warranty.
Overall service cost.
tail lamp bulb - 30/-
air filter - 168/-
oil filter - 75/-
oil filter cap - 10/-
t stem - 929/-
Enigne Oil - 525/-
Fork Oil - 92/-
fork bend removal - 350/-
Wheel wobbling removal - 200 /-
after Vat it came upto 2400/- approx.
The thing that impressed me the most is service advisor himself pointing out the problem you are about to report. Overall happy with the money spent.
Will reccomend the service station to others.? not yet. let me use the bike for another 1 month before i give another report.
I feel these RE service station guys will never learn to improve. search for alternative with other authorised service center and gauge the there standards. After the warranty expires, no other choice. Good bye to authorised service center and search for alternative. I feel the manjunatha auto garage will be my permanent station if and only if the service is good. will come to know in months time.
Till then Bye.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 Twinspark Ownership Report||rajneeesh||Motorbikes||108||5th April 2016 20:26|
|Bullet : 350 Twinspark vs Electra Twinspark||abhishek24x||Motorbikes||30||14th June 2015 15:37|
|Things to check when buying an almost unused RE Thunderbird twinspark||KarthikK||Motorbikes||2||1st August 2011 14:03|
|Yamaha R15 or Thunderbird twinspark - Which???||KK9||Motorbikes||39||8th January 2009 16:37|