Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 16:41   #1
BHPian
 
sarmarishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 424
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Karizma ZMR being phased out?!?!?

Hey guys.. Heard that the ZMR will be phased out very soon. Anyone knows anything about it? Also how are they doing in terms of sales? Last I checked it had a waiting period of about 6 months in Bangalore. Is it just a gimmick to tell people that its selling like hot cakes?
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 16:46   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
chiragh_bir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In front of you :P
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

the only thing different in ZMR will be the front fairing and new graphics , rest all remains the same , but this won't be happening anytime soon !!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 17:03   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Hey guys.. Heard that the ZMR will be phased out very soon. Anyone knows anything about it? Also how are they doing in terms of sales? Last I checked it had a waiting period of about 6 months in Bangalore. Is it just a gimmick to tell people that its selling like hot cakes?
Source of the news please??

Till date i have seen only 2 ZMR's in and around our area in Bangalore and none outside of our area or the area's that i frequent.
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 17:31   #4
BHPian
 
lionell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jodhpur
Posts: 163
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
the only thing different in ZMR will be the front fairing and new graphics , rest all remains the same , but this won't be happening anytime soon !!
Its not just the fairing and the new graphics.

The ZMR has an oil cooled engine against the air cooled one on the KariZMA, hence they could achieve the fairing otherwise it would starve the engine of cool air.

There are minor changes in the engine and the fuel delivery system i.e. New PGM-FI against the Carb on the ZMA, including gas charged shock absorbers.

Though the new ZMA does not seem to have taken off in the market.
lionell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 17:31   #5
BHPian
 
sarmarishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 424
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Source of the news please??

Till date i have seen only 2 ZMR's in and around our area in Bangalore and none outside of our area or the area's that i frequent.
Well the source is a friend who has a competition dealership but he says that he also heard about it. So not too sure.

Yes, I dont see any ZMRs on the road. May have seen 1 unlike the old Karizma which is everywhere!
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 17:36   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Well the source is a friend who has a competition dealership but he says that he also heard about it. So not too sure.

Yes, I dont see any ZMRs on the road. May have seen 1 unlike the old Karizma which is everywhere!
Are HH thinking of stopping the ZMA then instead of the ZMR since its eating into the sales of the ZMR. Any source of obtaining the sales figures of 2 wheels?

Or was your friend sure that it was the ZMR?
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 07:21   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,552 Times
Default

They should stop producing it and come with something better.
I hardly notice any ZMR's on road.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 08:26   #8
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

The ZMR is not being stopped. The old Karizma has already been stopped. Some dealers may still be selling old stock.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 08:41   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,654
Thanked: 1,108 Times
Default

ZMR bookings are not made in many parts of the country. They say that bookings are temporarily suspended for reasons unknown. Some say that there is some technical glitch with regards to the FI unit and so.

And yes, except for some hardcore HH/HMSI fans, the ZMR has NOT taken off well.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 12:44   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

I was told there are some labour issues in the factory where it is being produced and hence bookings are on hold.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 13:20   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
chiragh_bir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In front of you :P
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Its not just the fairing and the new graphics.

The ZMR has an oil cooled engine against the air cooled one on the KariZMA, hence they could achieve the fairing otherwise it would starve the engine of cool air.

There are minor changes in the engine and the fuel delivery system i.e. New PGM-FI against the Carb on the ZMA, including gas charged shock absorbers.

Though the new ZMA does not seem to have taken off in the market.

the new ZMR will be fully faired but , it will be much better looking ...

It already has one of the best FI system in India , and i don't hero honda will do anything except for new graphics or colors as of now ...

We can expect 17 rims setup this time !!!

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 1st May 2010 at 13:33.
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 23:09   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
the new ZMR will be fully faired but , it will be much better looking ...

It already has one of the best FI system in India , and i don't hero honda will do anything except for new graphics or colors as of now ...

We can expect 17 rims setup this time !!!

Will be???

Another one?

They still show the bike's advt on TV during the cricket telecast and hence I think this story is a rumor.

They said Honda Activa was in great demand and hence in short supply when the real reason was different.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 23:47   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore/Pune
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default

Hero Honda is having supplier issue for supply of batteries for the ZMR. Hence this issue of the ZMR's dispatch on hold.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:34   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,654
Thanked: 1,108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Hero Honda is having supplier issue for supply of batteries for the ZMR. Hence this issue of the ZMR's dispatch on hold.

Cheers,

Jay
Tough to believe that. Does the ZMR use any special kind of battery ? I guess it uses the same 9Ah batteries that are present in all other bikes (150cc and above). How can bookings be stopped for such a long period just for the availability of a battery? Even if that s the case, shame on HH that it couldn't procure batteries from an other source till now!
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:43   #15
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

its not only the ZMR booking which have stopped. i spoke to a HH dealer in Chennai about 2 weeks back and he told me that they have stopped the bookings for all HH models except the SuperSplendor. he told me that all the models are going to get "updated"..
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Hero Karizma, Karizma ZMR production stopped Aditya Motorbikes 45 21st November 2016 11:36
Bangalore Police gets Ertigas; Boleros being phased out abhishek46 Street Experiences 34 7th July 2016 11:53
Is Scorpio SLX being phased out?? manoj_r Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 12th June 2008 10:55
Is the Accent being phased out? vigsom The Indian Car Scene 12 9th February 2007 18:51
Accent CRDI Being phased out!!! MADMAX111 The Indian Car Scene 1 13th May 2006 01:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks