Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th February 2011, 11:06   #286
BHPian

Default Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike.

@n_aditya,
Hi, Nice bag. Can you or Maibaa tell me where did he get the Helmet in Singapore and for how much. I know its a bit OT but just curious as in most places in Singapore the AGV helmets cross 700SGD which is more expensive than what they sell for in India.

if you dont wish to disclose it publicly then a PM will do.
Thanks
Harshad
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 11:55   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Can you or Maibaa tell me where did he get the Helmet in Singapore and for how much.
I'm not aware of the store where the helmet and the bag was purchased. You could PM @Maibaa for that info. I'll check with him in the meantime and send you the details.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 09:19   #288
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I was looking for helmets in Singapore but was disappointed when I realised the prices are much higher than what you get on the NET if you order from the US.
I ahve mostly seen Arai and Shoei though.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 22:55   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting some pics of my bike with the RJays Elite (Platinum Series) tailbag to show how the bag looks when expanded. This should give an idea of the size for interested folks.

Expands to double its size, has bungee hooks, waterproof zippers, a waterproof cover, quite a few pockets (one which can be removed and strapped on to the belt as a waist-pouch), highly reflective strips, 2 straps for securing the bag on the rear tail (one goes below the seat via a strong velcro strap and the other, under the rear tail via a buckle strap).

Very good VFM and highly recommended.

When expanded, here is what i could stuff inside the main large compartment.

* 2 pairs of jeans

* 4 tee's

* a pair of shorts

* the rain cover for the bag

* chain lube for the bike

* nightwear and inner wear

* Maruti 800 cover (i use this to cover the bike )

* comprehensive medical kit

* Camera (point & shoot digicam, not a pro camera)

* extra visor for my lid

and some necessities.

More stuff was packed into the side pockets.
Attached Images

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th March 2011 at 22:56.
Old 15th March 2011, 02:32   #290
BHPian

That is indeed a very nice bag. Doesn't look very big on the sports bike and doesnt spoil the look either.
rdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 02:41   #291
BHPian

Hey , do those bungee cords leaves scratch marks on the seat cowl?
If the bag is heavy with the stuff does it effects on the handling of the bike ?
Very nice kwacker
prashant.dinkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 03:53   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Hey , do those bungee cords leaves scratch marks on the seat cowl?
If the bag is heavy with the stuff does it effects on the handling of the bike ?
Very nice kwacker
He's got protective film on parts of the bike. Makes sure that there are no scuff marks. However, your query makes me wonder if the cowl take a beating since it is being squeezed? Won't it crack?
rdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 07:27   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
He's got protective film on parts of the bike. Makes sure that there are no scuff marks. However, your query makes me wonder if the cowl take a beating since it is being squeezed? Won't it crack?
I don't think cowl will crack or break bcos that bag can never be heavy enough to do that kind of damage , but I think handling won't be the same in corners with that bag full of stuff.
Aditya is in better position to answer our queries .
prashant.dinkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 11:39   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is indeed a very nice bag.
Thank you. I was hunting for a spacious yet compact bag and days of research led me to the RJays tailbag. Cortech, Ventura etc. were on my checklist but this one packs more stuff than the ones I saw.

Quote:
do those bungee cords leaves scratch marks on the seat cowl? If the bag is heavy with the stuff does it effects on the handling of the bike ?
The bungee cords have a "microfiber" material on the cords plus there is a leather patch that the bungee cords go through. You can place the patch on the painted area of the tail so that the bungee cords rest on the patch leaving no scratches on the tail area. This patch can be moved the entire length of the bungee cords.

Quote:
Well i dont have a rear cowl. I still have the rear seat that came with the bike and the bag rests on the seat. The cowl however is made from high quality ABS plastic so it wont crack either. One of the riders in my group has a cowl on which he secures his ventura tailbag.

I have paint protection films on the sides of the tank to avoid damage to the paint from my knee guards. I am trying to source more of the film for the tails but in the interim i did a trip to JC road where I got the carbon fiber detailing on my rear tails (Rs. 150/- on both sides). The CF looks nice too but most of the time its hidden under the tailbag and of course protects the paint too.

Quote:
but I think handling won't be the same in corners with that bag full of stuff.
My earlier rides with the tailbag were short trips to the outskirts of Blore so the tailbag was not even half full (even without expanding it). Had no issues with handling. I have only done one ride (last week) so far with the bag stuffed to the brim. I did not lean sharply as the roads didn't permit such moves. I dont think you can lean like the pro's with a full bag. I could still manage to take some sharp turns with a decent lean angle. I wouldnt risk doing a proper lean with a full bag.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th March 2011 at 11:43.
Old 16th March 2011, 15:31   #295
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats the shoolagiri bunk 25kms after hosur right... I must have seen you guyz recently, my jeep mech is on hosur outskirts and I keep seeing some bikers riding past. Next time I shall try to flag you greenies down.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 15:48   #296
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Nice pics showcasing the bag Aditya. Boy, it looks compactly huge ( if i can call it so) and can swallow quite a bit of luggage.

It definitely looks like the shoolagiri bunk from the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Hey thats the shoolagiri bunk 25kms after hosur right... I must have seen you guyz recently, my jeep mech is on hosur outskirts and I keep seeing some bikers riding past. Next time I shall try to flag you greenies down.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 16:41   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Wow! Nice pics showcasing the bag Aditya. Boy, it looks compactly huge ( if i can call it so) and can swallow quite a bit of luggage. It definitely looks like the shoolagiri bunk from the pics.
The first 2 pics are from a CCD outlet near Hassan. The others were clicked at the shoolagiri bunk last weekend. If we head out this side of town, we generally stop at A2B for breakfast and ride a little ahead and pit stop at the CCD on the way back from our rides.

The bag is huge. I had only seen pics on the RJays site (while the cortech and ventura's were seen in the flesh) so was not sure if i made the right choice, but fully satisfied now. Its well made and can also fit a full face lid in addition to some other stuff. Totally VFM and highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Next time I shall try to flag you greenies down.
Sure, it'll be nice to meet you.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th March 2011 at 16:43.
Old 18th March 2011, 01:10   #298
Senior - BHPian

Nice bag Aditya, i still cant imagine how you managed to stuff in so much in it though
Did you feel any wind resistance because of it at high speeds?
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 10:44   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Nice bag Aditya, i still cant imagine how you managed to stuff in so much in it though
Did you feel any wind resistance because of it at high speeds?
No wind resistance since the bag was behind me .

I couldnt feel any difference in the handling or other aspects of the ride, but executed turns with lesser lean angle than i usually do.
Old 19th March 2011, 22:32   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics from our ride today. We headed to CCD @ Mandya for breakfast. The ride early in the AM was really fast and i managed to clock good speeds on the NICE road after quite a long time. On the way back I was very light with the throttle since i was slightly sleepy and tired due to lack of sleep... plus the weather was hot.

Sammyboy is on the extreme left in the below pics and the one on the extreme right is another friend of mine.
Attached Images