Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 22:33   #106
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good pics Aditya! From the last pic i think the rider with the riding jacket on the first ninja is you. And going by the rides team bhpians own let me risk a guess of the others in the group
Thanks Abhinav. Pics were shot from a point and shoot cam so the quality is not great.

And yes, thats me with the riding jacket on the ninja, but the other riders are part of Xbhp.

This was a ride around mid-may when i was still in the initial running-in period of the bike. The odo crossed the 800 km mark just when i entered the city limits.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 23:13   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Awesome pics Aditya Lets see when I get to see the beauty in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Red R15 -> Sriram V Iyer
P220 -> Praful
RTR180 -> Sammyboy

When did you guys ride out?
Thanks Abhinav, its nice to see someone actually feels that I might have gone riding. Unfortunately it wasnt me and I am sure its not Sriram as well. He is as lazy (atleast in posting as I am )

Not a bad idea though, should plan a ride sometime, but after rains. TVS tyres really really suck in this weather. Just came back after dinner and a short ride with the wife, it was drizzling and the weather was lovely. But having to be extremely careful because of the tyres does dampen the fun a little bit.
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 12:10   #108
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,609 Times
Default

Good news folks.

Bajaj is organizing an event on 20th June (Sunday) for prospective Ninja customers.

The event is open to everyone and ninja owners will also be present for the event.

The event is organized for the interested folks to interact with the ninja owners and get a first hand impression of the bike, clarify doubts (like kitna mileage) etc. and the icing on the cake.... Test rides organized at the NICE road on a couple of Ninja's.

Please assemble at the Bajaj Probiking Showroom (Indiranagar) on Sunday 20th June at 9.45am. The event will start at 10am and end at noon.

P.S. Get your helmets and riding gear along if you are going to take a test ride. Do not exclude the riding jacket as it is raining almost everyday and the roads are slippery. If you dont have a riding jacket, get a leather jacket or any thick jacket along which could provide some level of protection.

See you all on Sunday morning.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th June 2010 at 12:12.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:00   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Thanks Abhinav, its nice to see someone actually feels that I might have gone riding. Unfortunately it wasnt me and I am sure its not Sriram as well. He is as lazy (atleast in posting as I am )

Not a bad idea though, should plan a ride sometime, but after rains. TVS tyres really really suck in this weather. Just came back after dinner and a short ride with the wife, it was drizzling and the weather was lovely. But having to be extremely careful because of the tyres does dampen the fun a little bit.
that's why i said i am risking a guess. But it would be good to go on a ride. I just changed the tires on my RTR 160 from stock to TVS jumbo tubeless. The grip levels are much better compared to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Good news folks.

Bajaj is organizing an event on 20th June (Sunday) for prospective Ninja customers.

The event is open to everyone and ninja owners will also be present for the event.

See you all on Sunday morning.
Great initiative from Bajaj. Good to see them making an effort to give the feel of Ninja to prospective buyers.
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:13   #110
BHPian
 
majorpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 82
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Cost of spares

Hi Guys,

My friends Ninja was recently knocked down by a car while it was parked. Most of the damage was to the right side of the bike (Right Fairing, FR indicator, exhaust muffler etc). The quote that the pro-biking guys gave us had some pretty abysmal prices:

Right Fairing - Rs. 10,000 (approx)
FR Indicator - Rs. 1450
Silencer - Rs. 18,000
"Ninja" sticker on the fairing - Rs. 2000

There were a couple of other miscellaneous things added to the above (like the part that the footpeg is mounted on etc...) which I cannot remember the prices. The total "damage" was Rs. 49,000.

Pretty expensive if you ask me...
majorpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:30   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
There were a couple of other miscellaneous things added to the above (like the part that the footpeg is mounted on etc...) which I cannot remember the prices. The total "damage" was Rs. 49,000.
Whoa!! Thats a huge bill. Any idea how much your friend had to shell out after insurance claims?
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:44   #112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Nice pics Aditya the first one is lovely

Major payne - the spares seem to be exorbitant !!
1450 for an single indicator ?
2000 for a Ninja sticker !?
18000 for a silencer ?

All the above seem to be unbelievable !!
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:49   #113
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
The quote that the pro-biking guys gave us had some pretty abysmal prices:

Right Fairing - Rs. 10,000 (approx)
FR Indicator - Rs. 1450
Silencer - Rs. 18,000
"Ninja" sticker on the fairing - Rs. 2000. Pretty expensive if you ask me...
Yes, the parts are expensive which means one has to ride very carefully and anticipate the impossible. One side fairing costs almost 11k including taxes. Battery costs 10k. Front and rear IRC tires cost 11k. This is not a cheap bike to own or maintain. So ride with utmost caution.

I almost got knocked down twice but was really lucky. One was when a taxi indica in the right most lane swerved left and stopped a few cms from my right indicator. Gave a piece of my mind to him. Stupid guy was trying to ape racing lines on a public road with traffic on either side too.

Another instance was a Ford Ikon overtaking me from the left and suddenly realized he overshot a right turn and swerved. Again stopped a few cms from my right indicator.

After these instances I try hard to not ride the ninja in the city with the crazy traffic, so most of my rides are very early in the morning and on highways.

Edit - 18k for the stock end can is not worth it. Rather spend a lil more and get an aftermarket slip-on.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th June 2010 at 13:50.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:52   #114
BHPian
 
majorpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 82
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Whoa!! Thats a huge bill. Any idea how much your friend had to shell out after insurance claims?
I'll let you know about this in a couple of days. The guy from the insurance company has not surveyed the bike as yet. Should happen in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Nice pics Aditya the first one is lovely

Major payne - the spares seem to be exorbitant !!
1450 for an single indicator ?
2000 for a Ninja sticker !?
18000 for a silencer ?

All the above seem to be unbelievable !!
Yeah. Totally unbelievable! Tell you what, let me get the repair quotation from my friend and scan it up here so you can take a look yourself.
majorpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 14:00   #115
BHPian
 
majorpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 82
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yes, the parts are expensive which means one has to ride very carefully and anticipate the impossible. One side fairing costs almost 11k including taxes. Battery costs 10k. Front and rear IRC tires cost 11k. This is not a cheap bike to own or maintain. So ride with utmost caution.

I almost got knocked down twice but was really lucky. One was when a taxi indica in the right most lane swerved left and stopped a few cms from my right indicator. Gave a piece of my mind to him. Stupid guy was trying to ape racing lines on a public road with traffic on either side too.

Another instance was a Ford Ikon overtaking me from the left and suddenly realized he overshot a right turn and swerved. Again stopped a few cms from my right indicator.

After these instances I try hard to not ride the ninja in the city with the crazy traffic, so most of my rides are very early in the morning and on highways.

Edit - 18k for the stock end can is not worth it. Rather spend a lil more and get an aftermarket slip-on.
Unfortunately for my friend, the bike was parked at the side of the road and was knocked down by a guy who was too hammered to be sitting behind the wheel of the car.

The idea of getting an aftermarket slip-on end can has not slipped our mind. However, wouldn't this void the warranty of the bike (its just about 2 months old)?

Last edited by majorpayne : 15th June 2010 at 14:14.
majorpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 14:16   #116
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 900
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Good news folks.

Bajaj is organizing an event on 20th June (Sunday) for prospective Ninja customers.

The event is open to everyone and ninja owners will also be present for the event.

The event is organized for the interested folks to interact with the ninja owners and get a first hand impression of the bike, clarify doubts (like kitna mileage) etc. and the icing on the cake.... Test rides organized at the NICE road on a couple of Ninja's.

Please assemble at the Bajaj Probiking Showroom (Indiranagar) on Sunday 20th June at 9.45am. The event will start at 10am and end at noon.

P.S. Get your helmets and riding gear along if you are going to take a test ride. Do not exclude the riding jacket as it is raining almost everyday and the roads are slippery. If you dont have a riding jacket, get a leather jacket or any thick jacket along which could provide some level of protection.

See you all on Sunday morning.
Just ask if something similar is lined up for mumbai as well..
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 14:40   #117
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 641
Thanked: 117 Times
Default

Hi Adi! we are planning to have a mega meet on this saturday! Shan's also in blore! You game?

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 17:04   #118
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
The idea of getting an aftermarket slip-on end can has not slipped our mind. However, wouldn't this void the warranty of the bike (its just about 2 months old)?
Not sure of the warranty going void. check with Bajaj. However there is a member on xbhp who has an aftermarket slip-on on his ninja which is less than 2 months old. I'll check with him and post the info on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Just ask if something similar is lined up for mumbai as well..
Sure dude. There was a similar event held at Pune a week or two back at the MotoCafe in Pune. Details are on the Ninja ownership thread on xbhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi Adi! we are planning to have a mega meet on this saturday! Shan's also in blore! You game?
Definitely in dude. Its been close to 4 years since I've met Shan2nu and you guys as well. Will be nice to catch up. Lemme know when and where.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 17:10   #119
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
Unfortunately for my friend, the bike was parked at the side of the road and was knocked down by a guy who was too hammered to be sitting behind the wheel of the car.

The idea of getting an aftermarket slip-on end can has not slipped our mind. However, wouldn't this void the warranty of the bike (its just about 2 months old)?

The end-can is perhaps the only part you can expect decent amount from the insurance company - it being metal. For the rest, you would be lucky to get 50%.

And on a different note, yes it would void the warranty. Just not worth it man.
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 17:35   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,134
Thanked: 641 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Sure dude. There was a similar event held at Pune a week or two back at the MotoCafe in Pune. Details are on the Ninja ownership thread on xbhp.
Most definitely interested if something's happening in bbay as well. Please do ask and post info. Thx
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience balenopower Motorbikes 237 30th September 2013 18:10
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. EDIT - Launched at Rs. 2.7L Ex Showroom tsxei Motorbikes 959 10th April 2013 14:01
Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R Maibaa Motorbikes 45 17th November 2010 11:19
Kawasaki Ninja 250R Voted as The IMOTY 2009 Technocrat Motorbikes 4 25th December 2009 12:43
any info on 2006 kawasaki ninja 250r chetanhanda Motorbikes 4 9th August 2006 03:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks