Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th December 2010, 23:12   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike.

Some pics from our weekend ride to Yelagiri Hills.

I had a nail in the front tire and I used the puncture repair kit for the first time. Was a wee bit nervous since i didnt want to mess up the job and truck the bike back home. Luckily i had stopped at a resto enroute which had a fuel bunk in the premises... and moreover the repair was successful and took me less than 5 mins. Tested for air leakage post the repair and its just fine.

@brocklock / sammy : pics of many brands of frame sliders (shot with you guys in mind). hope it helps.

P.S. If the tankpad pic is offensive to anyone, please let me know and i'll remove it.
Attached Images

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th December 2010 at 23:17.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 23:16   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

We had 4 ninja's from Bangalore (incl. myself). The rest were friends from Chennai.

I sat on the comet and boy, it feels much bigger than the ninja. The seating is very upright and its taller than the ninja as well.

last set of pics...

Awesome paint job and finish on the black ninja. See how the black shines and reflects the other bike? Really neat.
Attached Images

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th December 2010 at 23:18.
Old 13th December 2010, 23:26   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you ride the GT-250R Aditya?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 23:29   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Did you ride the GT-250R Aditya?
No Sheel, I didn't. Was tempted to. Maybe next time.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:41   #275
BHPian

Looks like the Ninja gang is growing.
Nice to know you are religiously making rides every month.
Good to have that freedom.
Enjoyed the pics of all the bike together.
The yellow naked bike looked odd with the Ninjas.
It must have been fun to ride up Yelagiri.

How were the roads up Yelagiri?
How long from Bangalore/ chennai?
Any rains on the way?
Stayed at?

So your puncture kit came of help. awesome.
Hope all the tourers learn to carry the kit, thanks to tubeless tyre.

Once on my ride the bike got punctured en route from Bangalore to Madurai near krishnagiri at 1am.
Had to stuff my yamaha into the regular passenger auto to the nearest habitat about 22km away.
Lucky i carried a spare tube.

Enjoyed the photos. Hope you have more to upload. :-)
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:48   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pix. The gang would have made people stand and stare.

And the tankpad sticker suits the Comet more
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 18:55   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Looks like the Ninja gang is growing. Nice to know you are religiously making rides every month. How were the roads up Yelagiri? How long from Bangalore/ chennai? Any rains on the way? Stayed at?

Enjoyed the photos. Hope you have more to upload. :-)
Glad I'm able to ride at least once or twice a month. My wife is happier now as i dont ride every weekend like i used to earlier. I've explored almost all the places around the outskirts of blore so it gets very boring to ride to the same places often. Next i plan to ride to Yercaud. My odo now reads 9000 odd kms (in just 7.5 months)

We stayed at Zeenat Taj Resort (nothing to do with the Taj luxury chain ). It was a peaceful place and nice rooms but no restaurant of sorts in the resort. They cook and serve food for breakfast / lunch / dinner. Cannot order anything in particular like snacks etc. in between meals. But there is a decent resto outside the resort on the main road (within walking distance).

The roads to yelagiri are awesome. Six lanes with a median ensures good amount of safety but you have to watch for people and animals darting across... also some vehicles stubbornly ride/drive on the wrong side (even in the right most or fast lane). Otherwise the roads are superb and we were able to clock pretty high speeds. This is the same highway that leads to chennai.

The distance from Bangalore is not much. Just around 170 kms one way. We luckily didnt encounter any rains. The ride up the hill was nice. Roads are good but some parts are patchy and strewn with sand and gravel so we were very cautious.

Uploading one more pic (shot by maibaa who is a ninja owner and a member here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice pix. The gang would have made people stand and stare. And the tankpad sticker suits the Comet more
Thanks JK. You're right. It would go well with the comet.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc_1021.jpg  

Old 14th December 2010, 23:09   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Next i plan to ride to Yercaud. My odo now reads 9000 odd kms (in just 7.5 months)
The ride to Yercaud will be good. Once you cross Krishangiri there will not be much traffic and if you leave early in the morning, it will be amazing with very less traffic, animals etc.

Did a ride on the RTR there sometime in Aug/Sept and it was great fun. Me, wife and saddle bags. Still the RTR performed with aplomb and put a grin on my face.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 02:01   #279
BHPian

Cool pics Aditya. Here are few of my favorites. :-) I love the black color on the Ninja. Now i wish I had a black one too
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc_1017.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc_1027.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc_1018.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc_1032.jpg  

Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 09:25   #280
BHPian

Thanks for the updates.
The black definitely looks good, but never a head turner as the green.
Its a good option to own BOTH so you don't miss out on anything. :-)
Nice shots maibaa.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 09:30   #281
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, you seem to have had a great ride. Unfortunate that I could not get out for the weekend. Awesome pics, love the tankpad

Thanks for the pics of the frame sliders bro, we will discuss more about them when we meet next.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 20:55   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Although its been over two months since I posted updates here, the riding hasn't stopped

Today morning we headed out to Bellur Cross, near Hassan. Got a chance to test my brand new Rjays tailbag. Its the RJay's elite, from the platinum series. Cost me SGD 110/- and absolutely worth the money.

The tailbag is sturdy and very well made. Its big enough (expands to hold a full face lid and some necessities), has shoulder straps, bungee cords to strap it on to the bike, straps to secure it beneath the seat and the rear tail section. Overall a VFM product, fits the bike well, sits tight and is water resistant (has a completely waterproof cover too). Has reflective strips on the bag for visibility at night. One of the pockets can be removed and used as a waist pouch too. Very well thought of and made by the company. Recommended !!!

Some pics from todays ride.
Attached Images

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th February 2011 at 20:58.
Old 13th February 2011, 21:28   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats one nice bag Aditya.

I wanted a bag too and Vicky (PRS) promised to get one as I wanted, but I am not able to ride much nowadays :(

I am left commuting by Car and sadly when you are self-employed, you simply can't apply for leaves and go your way. (Everything has its +ve & -ve point, but...)
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 15:54   #284
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Although its been over two months since I posted updates here, the riding hasn't stopped

Today morning we headed out to Bellur Cross, near Hassan. Got a chance to test my brand new Rjays tailbag. Its the RJay's elite, from the platinum series. Cost me SGD 110/- and absolutely worth the money.

The tailbag is sturdy and very well made. Its big enough (expands to hold a full face lid and some necessities), has shoulder straps, bungee cords to strap it on to the bike, straps to secure it beneath the seat and the rear tail section. Overall a VFM product, fits the bike well, sits tight and is water resistant (has a completely waterproof cover too). Has reflective strips on the bag for visibility at night. One of the pockets can be removed and used as a waist pouch too. Very well thought of and made by the company. Recommended !!!

Some pics from todays ride.
Where did you get this bag from? Initially I thought you mean Rs. 110/- and I was awestruck . In the second read I saw SGD. Would like to have something similar, but I don't find that much use for it as I have not done any long ride till now.

Let me know if you are planning to have a shorter ride (50-100 kms) in coming weeks. I am sending you a PM with my number
gou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 17:11   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou View Post
Where did you get this bag from? Would like to have something similar, but I don't find that much use for it as I have not done any long ride till now.

Let me know if you are planning to have a shorter ride (50-100 kms) in coming weeks. I am sending you a PM with my number
A friend of mine (also a member here, with the ID Maibaa) got it for me from Singapore.

As per Rjays.com.au, the bag retails for AUD 150.00 which is roughly around INR 6.8k.

My friend also picked up an AGV helmet so he got a discount. Original price was around SGD 150.

Thanks to him the bag cost only SGD110 which is less than 4k.

You can contact Mr. Zulfi at Home - Bikes, Riding Gear, Performance Accessories and Spares. He is a distributor for RJay's, Leo Vince and more.

Will call you soon.