Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th November 2011, 15:09   #391
BHPian

Default Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike.

Nice Pics Its really nice to see a RE also in the group.
is there any performance mod made in that RE to go on the track?. reason being, with stock engine it should be well behind the others on the track. though there is no racing here, still would like to know how it performed comparatively.

Last edited by BulZire : 25th November 2011 at 15:11.
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 16:50   #392
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Nice report. Better late than never

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

And another instructor on the R6 who's name i forget.
Bhaskar. Neat rider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Its really nice to see a RE also in the group.
is there any performance mod made in that RE to go on the track?. reason being, with stock engine it should be well behind the others on the track. though there is no racing here, still would like to know how it performed comparatively.
Am not sure if it was modded but it was apprently slow. I was behind it for a couple of laps. We were told not to overtake at the corners and this bullet was right in front of me on those 2 laps. It was a little frustrating not to overtake it.

But I guess it is not a question of being slow or fast. Its chassis is not meant for handling and taking curves specially on the track thats why the rider was not able to pace on the corners. Its understandable and the rider even acknowledged but I must also admire that knowing these limitations the rider rode pretty smoothly after the drills although he was off pace.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 20:30   #393
Senior - BHPian

Aditya,
Neat and Crisp review the 2 days were real fun at the track. It was good to catch up with all and spend quality time. Did enjoy the drive though i could not ride on the track
Wassup with the January track? would it be Indi Motard or CSS?
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 10:25   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wassup with the January track? would it be Indi Motard or CSS?
I guess its going to be indiMotard. Are you getting your FZ this time?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 19:31   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I guess its going to be indiMotard. Are you getting your FZ this time?
Aditya, Am still undecided on getting the bike out for track duty. Anyways January is still a long way to go, have the registrations opened up as of yet?
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 23:32   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Aditya, Am still undecided on getting the bike out for track duty. Anyways January is still a long way to go, have the registrations opened up as of yet?
Just hop on, it will be fun. Follow the techniques properly and you wont even have a crash. Registrations will start a month before the actual event.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 09:40   #397
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Aditya, Mahesh - Are you game for a double dhamaka? CSS and Indimotard back to back? We can enroll CSS for 13-15 and Indimotard for 21-22.

CSS registrations have already started BTW.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 13:49   #398
Senior - BHPian

Ah, beautiful pics Aditya , nice to see the gleaming green beauty put to use for what it deserves. Wish we had something of that sort here, no news of Buddh circuit and i dont think it would even open for normal public.

Pardon my ignorance but how many miles have you clocked on the Ninja?
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 11:03   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Aditya, Mahesh - Are you game for a double dhamaka? CSS and Indimotard back to back? We can enroll CSS for 13-15 and Indimotard for 21-22. CSS registrations have already started BTW.
I'm going to have to give CSS a miss this time. So indiMotard Level 2 it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Ah, beautiful pics Aditya , nice to see the gleaming green beauty put to use for what it deserves. Pardon my ignorance but how many miles have you clocked on the Ninja?
Thanks coolboy. The ninja is a whole lot of fun on the track and i am eager to take her back again. The tight turns on the Kari track with the chicane's are purely addictive. The odo stands at 16000 odd kms now after 1.5 years of ownership.
Old 29th November 2011, 19:06   #400
BHPian

Good going there Adi, some very nice pictures too. I see you still a bit uncomfy on the right handers compared to the lefties. But nevertheless im sure the session has added to your riding skills.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 21:45   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Good going there Adi, some very nice pictures too. I see you still a bit uncomfy on the right handers compared to the lefties. But nevertheless im sure the session has added to your riding skills.
Couldn't get the body positioning right. Was having issues locking my knee onto the tank and also with upper body position.

This is covered in Level-2 at the indiMotard TWO Racing School and i'll be attending it in Jan next year.
Old 30th November 2011, 18:59   #402
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review and awesome thread aditya. I have gone through each and every post of yours. Excellent write up

Ninja is very beautiful and i am very much interested in buying a Ninja as soon as i return to bengaluru (6 more months). Initially i was confused between 250 and 650 but after reading your posts - it is 250 which is best suited for me.

I am finding difficulty in convincing my wife as she thinks i want to buy ninja just to ride her faster and do a 0-100 in under 8 Sec ?

She also feels it is risky to ride a bike these days in bengaluru traffic and she is suggesting me to sell my getz crdi and use 3 lakhs and upgrade to a sedan.
I don't know what would be the reaction of my parent's if i tell them that i want to buy a bike worth 3+ lakhs.
Thinking how to convince or confuse them?

Last edited by djay99 : 30th November 2011 at 19:00.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 19:49   #403
Senior - BHPian

Check out 2012 Ninja® 250R Sport - Kawasaki.com
2012 Ninja 250R in dual tone colours. Red and black combination looks awesome. No digital instrumentation panel .
Any info about bajaj bringing this variant?

Also checkout Kawasaki 2012 New Ninja 250R, Review, Price, Kawasaki Bikes India, Comparison, Images, Variants
2012 Ninja 250R expected price is Rs 5000 more than 2010 model.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 22:42   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Excellent review and awesome thread aditya. I have gone through each and every post of yours. Excellent write up

Ninja is very beautiful and i am very much interested in buying a Ninja. Initially i was confused between 250 and 650 but after reading your posts - it is 250 which is best suited for me.
Thanks for the kind words. Glad my thread has helped you make a decision. Here is a feedback on the Ninja 650R from a very close friend of mine.

"Got my 650R on Sept 5, the third bike in Chennai and the first XBhpian in Chennai. Have covered 6500 KM in the 75 odd days that I've owned it. I don't commute with it and only use it on weekends and long-distance out-of-towners. I've just returned from a 7 day, 2000+ km ride to Goa that covered TN, Karnataka, Goa and a little bit of Maharashtra too.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the 650 when I first got the bike having owned the brilliant 250R earlier. The bike lacked adequate bite in the brakes and the lights were ( still are ) hopeless. Also, the bike seemed to lacked focus with respect to handling, power delivery, etc., That was because I was used to a track oriented bike like the 250R.

Having ridden 6500kms however over all kinds of terrain, from excellent to extremely bad has changed my mind though......the brakes are still not fantastic, though the front does get better with time, and the lights still suck ( which is ok for me since I don't ride at night), but this bike is a simply awesome all-rounder!

It's soft front end which limits razor sharp handling soaks up bumps with ease, while the rear does a decent job even on bad roads. The road from Hubli to Panjim is simply non-existent and is nothing more than a broken gravel and mud track for 165kms but the bike performed brilliantly even in those conditions. Handling is brilliant though again not as track precise as the 250R, and the engine is torquey and willing and pounded everything it came across on the NH4 into dust!! For the Goa trip we had a CB1000R for company and I must say that even the 12L Honda was not as versatile for the myriad riding conditions that we faced.

For the kind of money that we paid for it and what it is capable of as an all-round sports bike, nothing else even comes close....yet".

The 250R is great to ride in the city - pottles around without any heating issues and is quite quick on the open highways too. Brakes are excellent, fuel efficiency is pretty economical - worst 23kmpl, best 27kmpl and all this while shifting at 10,000 rpm and above. The 650R is a sports tourer and is designed for comfort and looooooooong rides while the 250R is a sports machine. In short, my friend (same guy above) says, the 250R does everything really well and is spot on, while the 650R tries to and jussst about manages to.

Quote:
I am finding difficulty in convincing my wife... She also feels it is risky to ride a bike these days in bengaluru traffic and she is suggesting me to sell my getz crdi and use 3 lakhs and upgrade to a sedan.
I don't know what would be the reaction of my parent's if i tell them that i want to buy a bike worth 3+ lakhs. Thinking how to convince or confuse them?
Ask your wife to read this thread. Best way to convince her is to invest in good quality riding gear

Regarding your parents, they'll feel proud or you can tell them a much lower figure.

Quote:
2012 Ninja 250R in dual tone colours. Red and black combination looks awesome. No digital instrumentation panel .
Any info about bajaj bringing this variant?
Sigh !!! Sadly not. I wish they at least got the full range of colors down here. My favorite is the blue shade on the 250R. It is electrifyingly beautiful. Here is what it looks like.

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-ninja12.jpg

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-ninja12_bw.jpg

*Source - ninjette.org

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th November 2011 at 22:43.
Old 1st December 2011, 00:16   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics Aditya, seems like you had lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I see you still a bit uncomfy on the right handers compared to the lefties. But nevertheless im sure the session has added to your riding skills.
Yeah I noticed that too, but then again this is a very common problem with bikers, most people are more conformable on left handers than on right handers, may be its due to the presence of silencer or something else.

Aditya, I recommend that you watch some videos on leaning(watching motogp regularly should help too ) & try to correct your body posture. Your body is going opposite to the turn currently instead of going towards the turn.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote