Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th May 2010, 13:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Help Required in Using Bullet Std Fuel Tap with Lock

Hi guyz,

I would like to know how do I operate my Standard Bullet 1996 model fuel tap with lock? What happened was my bike came with a usual fuel tap lever without lock which displayed the position ON OFF and RESERVE, but I changed that lever to a locking fuel tap type with keys coz the petrol was getting stolen.

Now I am confused as to how to understand the positions. The OFF position is when the key is in vertical position, now I would like to understand which direction should I move the key to ON the fuel and which direction should I move the key for RESERVE. Pictorial explanation would help.
navin_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 14:08   #2
BHPian

I had this fuel tap setup once. And if i remember correctly, turning right/clockwise would make it in reserve..

Why don't you pull out the petrol tube, put the key to rightmost position and drain all the petrol to an empty bottle and the try turning it to the left. This way you can be absolutely sure.

-Rishi
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 20:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I had this fuel tap setup once. And if i remember correctly, turning right/clockwise would make it in reserve..

Why don't you pull out the petrol tube, put the key to rightmost position and drain all the petrol to an empty bottle and the try turning it to the left. This way you can be absolutely sure.

-Rishi
Nope, man. Turn towards left (anti-clockwise) for reserve and obviously right (clockwise) for ON. I just tried it out on my bike!!!
Cheers
Lee
Leepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 22:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Nope, man. Turn towards left (anti-clockwise) for reserve and obviously right (clockwise) for ON. I just tried it out on my bike!!!
Cheers
Lee
Oops, my bad
I got confused with my bro's RX100, which works just the opposite of bullet
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 07:18   #5
BHPian

Confirmed. Clockwise for ON and Anti-Clockwise for RESERVE. My key has markings to help with this.
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote