Old 17th May 2010, 23:34   #16
BHPian

Here Goes,

Cosmetics:
1> Complete Paintjob >>> Rs. 4.5k Approx
2> Chroming of nuts,bolts and anything and everything that shines. >>>>Rs. 1k\
3> New Front fairing + Phantom Headlamp >>> Rs. 1700 Approx

Engine and misc:
1> Check the carb, get it cleaned, check the jets and float pin as you seem to get real low mileage.
2> Replace clutch plates and pressure and clutch bell if necessary.
3> Check the condition of the valves if worn out replace.
4> Replace timing chain
5> Change the gears to those in the Pulsar UG3 for smoother gearshifts
And a lot of other things as your mech suggests

Comfort and Handling.
1> Get the front forks realigned, overhauled with new oil seals and springs if needed
2> Upgrade to Gas charged shocks at the rear.
3> If possible change the rear swing arm to that on the UG3 with chain cover and a lot of other fitting that go into the mod. Again youll need the help of your mech.

Mods.
1> Change rear mudguard to that on the UG1/2 (dtsi)
2> Add magwheels and tyres. (17in) for better handling but slight drop in performance
3> You need a new exhaust... look around for the OE or the dtsi.

My bike,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...y-here-39.html (Modified Indian bikes - Post your pics here and ONLY here)
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 06:53   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
(smoke does not show up at the exhaust when the clutch is worn-out, it is a different issue.)
Ya, now you know why I created this thread? I thought smoke shows when clutch plate was worn-out because I saw a guy insanely driving a scooter with dense white smoke coming out years ago when I was a child. I walked to him and asked if he designed it like that. He laughed and said the clutch plate is gone and needs to be replaced. So that is what I remember until now

Quote:
If you are not a 'Chris Pfeiffer' fan,.
Come on. I stay 1KM away from people doing stunts. It is a 2 wheeler and I want to use both the wheels, wheelie and all is waste of resource

Quote:
3. FZ headlight! - anything you like, its your bike, your taste .
Naa... Your smile makes me drop the thought.

@All Thanks a lot guys, response is highly appreciated and looks good.

As of now, I don't want my Engine to be opened. However, points noted down and made of list of things to change.

1> Chroming of nuts,bolts and anything and everything that shines. >>>>Rs. 1k\
2> New Front fairing + Phantom Headlamp >>> Rs. 1700 Approx
3> Replace clutch plates and pressure and clutch bell.
4> Check the condition of the valves if worn out replace.
5> Replace timing chain
6> Change the gears to those in the Pulsar UG3 for smoother gearshifts
7> Get the front forks realigned, overhauled with new oil seals and springs if needed ( was planning to change this completely)
8> Upgrade to Gas charged shocks at the rear.
9> Change the rear swing arm to that on the UG3 with chain cover and a lot of other fitting that go into the mod.
10> Add magwheels and tyres. (17in) for better handling but slight drop in performance
11> A new exhaust...

How does is sound? Any more changes you think I should do (Except the Engine)? Would love it if someone provided the approx price of all these stuff 1 by 1 to make sure am not thugged by the goons.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 20th May 2010 at 07:04.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 08:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
As of now, I don't want my Engine to be opened. However, points noted down and made of list of things to change.

3> Replace clutch plates and pressure and clutch bell.

6> Change the gears to those in the Pulsar UG3 for smoother gearshifts

11> A new exhaust...

How does is sound? Any more changes you think I should do (Except the Engine)? Would love it if someone provided the approx price of all these stuff 1 by 1 to make sure am not thugged by the goons.

So, you think you can get the gears upgraded without opening the engine!

Ok, you can get the clutch assembly for little under 1k.

I think the engine note in the classic pulsar is what people crave for! Just my thoughts, choice is yours!

Happy motoring!!
tantragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 09:25   #19
BANNED

Quote:
So, you think you can get the gears upgraded without opening the engine!

Ok, you can get the clutch assembly for little under 1k.

I think the engine note in the classic pulsar is what people crave for! Just my thoughts, choice is yours!

Happy motoring!!
I used the wrong word I guess. By 'Engine open' I meant, no modification on the bore, pistons etc..

BTW, you are making me hate this smiley
Quote:

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 20th May 2010 at 09:29.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:40   #20
BHPian

Chill dude! Only showing some humor, that's it! No offense meant there! Trying to help you there, if you dont like my comments just tell me! Will vanish out of this thread!

'Engine open' are not the WRONG WORDS by the way, it has to be opened to do that work.

One more point, if you open the engine to upgrade gears & find out the bore/piston worn out, then it has to be reworked or else there is a strong chance that you won't even get the existing engine performance if it is assembled back as it was before. If at any chance youarer opening the engine, keep atleast 5k handy just in case!!
tantragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 11:00   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Chill dude! Only showing some humor, that's it! No offense meant there! Trying to help you there, if you dont like my comments just tell me! Will vanish out of this thread!

'Engine open' are not the WRONG WORDS by the way, it has to be opened to do that work.

One more point, if you open the engine to upgrade gears & find out the bore/piston worn out, then it has to be reworked or else there is a strong chance that you won't even get the existing engine performance if it is assembled back as it was before. If at any chance youarer opening the engine, keep atleast 5k handy just in case!!
Yeah I understand, but I want to do the engine work after everything else. I am not automobile expert so I don't know what all stuff is inside the Engine. For now, it everything except the engine. Once everything else is done, I will go for the Engine work. I want to see the difference of performance with only other parts changed and other parts+engine parts changed.

I am anyways buying another automatic scooter like Activa or a Deo, but want to keep my Pulsar because I don't want it to go. In the meanwhile I can experiment too..

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 20th May 2010 at 11:02.