Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th June 2010, 17:54   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

^^call it coincidence but i am beginning to spot a few more ZMR's on the road

@devarishi-- "wham bam thank you ma'am" or "they lived happily ever after"--hope you heard the phrase
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 22:44   #62
BHPian

@Darth

I'm no suspension expert but to me it seems the P220 rear suspension has mismatched rebounded damping. On roads with a series of shallow undulations, the bike's rear end tends to bounce pronouncedly, it seems rebound damping is too soft/low.

The front seems better damped - greater compression damping, under braking the dive seems more controlled and wider forks themselves seem stiffer, so in corners the front end feels more steady than the Karizma's .
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 02:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

@Sheel: None. I would like a long term girlfriend instead. Hope you got what I meant.
and its Devarshi and not devarishi.

A personal experience (which differs from person to person) will best tell him what bike he needs to buy.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 10:58   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
A personal experience (which differs from person to person) will best tell him what bike he needs to buy.
have you owned Karizma and RTR 180 for a significant period of time to comment?
Old 18th June 2010, 12:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
@Darth

I'm no suspension expert but to me it seems the P220 rear suspension has mismatched rebounded damping. On roads with a series of shallow undulations, the bike's rear end tends to bounce pronouncedly, it seems rebound damping is too soft/low..
You are right. But this happened on my bike after the 3rd service. Before that it was totally perfect. My wife is my pillion on all our long rides. The first 2 rides was bliss for both specially my wife who commented that she was very comfortable. But after the 3rd service the morons at the SC have probably played around with the suspension setting. When i test rode the bike i found it to be unbalanced at the rear. On close inspection, i found out that one shock was in the factory setting and the other one 2 steps lower. Corrected it and felt it to be better. But on the next ride, wife complained that it was very bouncy sitting at the rear and was inducing a lot of fatigue. At the same time, i was better placed in the front with almost the same ride quality as when the bike was rolled out of the showroom.

So its not the product per se which is faulty but the idiots at the service center who try all their experiments on our bikes which are bought with our hard earned money killing the pleasure of riding them.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 17:02   #66
BHPian

Hey Grafin,

i took delivery of my FZ on wednesday. Its a black one.

Its mindblowingly good.

The running period of 1k is quite bugging though.

I have liked it a lot, but my spouse seems to have liked it more than me. She has started using only the bike in the evenings instead of her car and activa.

Thanks again for all the advise.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 17:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey Grafin,

i took delivery of my FZ on wednesday. Its a black one.

Its mindblowingly good.

The running period of 1k is quite bugging though.

I have liked it a lot, but my spouse seems to have liked it more than me. She has started using only the bike in the evenings instead of her car and activa.

Thanks again for all the advise.
Congrats Nandan and treat her well.

The bike i mean.

Yeah, once the run-in is done properly you can play around with her.

Ride safe.
Grafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 14:34   #68
BHPian

grafin,

thanks.

i hear a kind of hissing when i use the front brakes. I felt this normal till the brakes get used up a little.

Would you confirm if this is normal please?
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 15:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
grafin,

thanks.

i hear a kind of hissing when i use the front brakes. I felt this normal till the brakes get used up a little.

Would you confirm if this is normal please?
Its the disc brakes.

It will ease off after a couple of months.
Old 22nd June 2010, 06:28   #70
BHPian

hey.
What kind if mileage will a karizma R return while riding between 55-70km/hr.
Gradual accelarating without ripping it as such?
iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:48   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
mileage will a karizma R return while riding between 55-70km/hr.
~40-45kmpl,
in fact you can cruise at 80 even as the Karizma is pretty relaxed at the speed and doing just 5000rpm
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
hey.
What kind if mileage will a karizma R return while riding between 55-70km/hr.

Depends on the traffic as well.

Moderate traffic, and the riding style you've mentioned, id say you'll get anywhere in between 35-38kmpl.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:16   #73
BHPian

Thanks for your replies Sheel and Grafin.
Mileage figures are pretty decent.
hoping for some more replies so i can get a better picture.
iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 21:42   #74
BHPian

By the power of Opera Mini, I am back. All this while I didn't have access to a computer other than in my office where most websites are blocked. And, apparently the team-bhp mobile skin works only on the home page. Now, I have a phone that supports Opera Mini. But, enough of that...

I owe you all my sincerest apologies for disappearing and also my thanks for your advice. I have acquired a red Pulsar 220. Yes, it's at my home in Chandigarh and I will ride it to Delhi mid August. I'm in Delhi only so my big brother is doing the initial running in. He'll have to make do with that bike until I can hand the Bullet back to him. His record of 11 years with the Bullet will remain unchallenged as I have spent only 10 years with it...

So far I've ridden the Pulsar for only 15 km. It's not the left side shifter that causes confusion but the one-down-four-up layout that'll take some getting used to.

Like the front brake. Have little experience with discs.

Both my brother and I noticed that it's a bit reluctant to change its course and, more specifically, lean. The Bullet, on the other hand, is neither too eager nor too reluctant to lean and slamming the footpegs into the tarmac is easy. However, 15 km at running-in pace is hardly enough to judge and I'm probably making premature conclusions here.

The rear view mirrors are faecal grade. (I hope that language isn't too offensive.) They are no good. I read on this forum (and on this thread) about the RTR 180's mirrors being a good substitute. Can somebody please shed some light on that? Are they a direct replacement? How to fit them? Are they good for the highway?

Will post pics when I go to Chandigarh or sooner if possible...
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 01:25   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hanjee Janab. congrats. i knew that you were going to get a P220 some how had a feeling. did you buy the faired or the non faired?

any ways
"Both my brother and I noticed that it's a bit reluctant to change its course and, more specifically, lean. The Bullet, on the other hand, is neither too eager nor too reluctant to lean and slamming the footpegs into the tarmac is easy. However, 15 km at running-in pace is hardly enough to judge and I'm probably making premature conclusions here."

Even i agree. It was very easy to slam the footpeg to the tarmac. i think that its was the height of the pegs but again i cant lean the pulsar even after riding it for around 4000 Km now. though my experience of recent hill riding was amazing on the Pulsar. 3-4-5 where the 3rd was rare and just was playing in 4-5 gear i did speeds more than 100 Kmph (though not dangerous ones) it was good fun.

Do let me know what you think, hey and i am planning to sell of my Bullet, will have to call Dana for this or go chandigarh. and i have already done 12 K on the bullet and it runns amazing.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote