Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th June 2016, 10:53   #91
Default Re: Help reqd - long distance touring odds and ends

Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Phamilyman, A rider then needs to hire a truck to carry all that along for his riding trip
Au contraire...I actually do carry pretty much 80% of that list just for my 3 day trips around the south as I most often ride alone. Its only stuff like the mseal which probably wont work on the 390's tank anyway!!! Im sure there are a lot of older riders who'll get nostalgic with the thought of the roller skate knee pads though. We younger lot are just lucky that we have harley davidson apparel with built in knee and hip pads.

Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thanks for the list. Its definitely a lot of food for thought and Im glad I started thinking about things this early on.
bik1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 11:10   #92
Default Re: Help reqd - long distance touring odds and ends

For the people on Dukes, I would suggest the following

1. Brake levers, both front and rear
2. Clutch lever
3. Gear lever set, the one which projects out of gearbox along with the rod end bearings and tie rod.
4. Screws and nuts, M6 thro M10. For quick fixes. D's are notorious to shed some screws.
5. Duct tapes.
unk9ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 04:57   #93

Some of the odd things I carry beyond obvious:
- small plastic bottle of hand sanitizer (always keep in riding pants & not the jacket)
- rubber bands & a length of thin plastic rope (like they use to tie up cardboard boxes)
- lighter ( I am a non smoker but this is for any melting job, illumination n making friends with the usual smoking biker)
- hard candies (usually fruit & coffee flavour - for self n for kids enroute)
- strip of radium
- cutter
- insulation tape
- large dustbin bags
- small plastic /ziplock bag in jacket pocket for the odd shower of rain
- small packets of electral
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote