Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st May 2017, 20:49   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Modifications - Royal Enfield Thunderbird

I am looking to change the handle bar to a more comfortable one. Can anyone recommend a comfortable straight bar suited for Thunderbird ? The 2 basic objectives are

1) Better comfort
2) Better control of the bike. (I dont feel very confident with current setup)
TaurusAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 21:38   #47
BHPian

I am in the same boat sir. I tried the classic handlebar on my tbts350 and was suffering from neck pain and classic handlebar was very heavy. Looking for other options as well. My primary requirements are ease of drive, should be light and the handlebar must gel with the look of the bike. With custom handlebar I have observed vibrations post 60kmph whereas stock handlebar is solid up to 75kmph post this speed it too vibrates.
Vikvkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 22:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathore_13 View Post
It's fairly easy to do so. Any local Enfield repair shop can do this easily. Depending on what type of light you want to install, sometimes you may have to customize the bracket.
That's some mod! Beautiful!
In fact, I too am planning to use twin headlights. It would be very helpful if you can share:

> Pictures which show how you have fixed those headlights
> Where did you purchase those headlights and their cost
> What is their diameter length

I am planning a slightly different design though. I want to use LED headlights with DRL. I want to avoid clamps on sides. Will go for something like Avenger's fixture. Also I won't use the wind screen. So it would be pretty visible fixtures. It needs to be elegant to look at.

I will post pictures once I am done. In the meantime, please share the information requested.
rich_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:15   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
That's some mod! Beautiful!
In fact, I too am planning to use twin headlights.
Unfortunately, I've modified the bike further so don't have pictures of just the lights. Will check my laptop and search archive.

Bought the lights (twin headlight)locally in Chandigarh at a bike repair & mod shop. Cost me 4k including installation. There were two options available. Matt black & chrome. I chose black since my Thunderbird is the Matt black color.

The lights were fairly easy to fix. They are a little smaller in depth compared to Thunderbird light. Removed the main headlight and used supplied bolts to fasten the new lights. After a few days started missing projector so installed the angel eye projector. It has strobe function too. It is affixed to the headlights lower support clamp.

I've since then removed the earlier setup and added a different light to my Thunderbird. Attaching photos below of my bike and the new light. It cost 3500.
Modifications - Royal Enfield Thunderbird-aa79022a92914a99bb17816e5e46d643.jpg

Modifications - Royal Enfield Thunderbird-img_5539.png

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2017 at 07:29.
Rathore_13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote